Web Site Window Sticker

Everything else! new member introductions, pics, announcements, news..

Moderator: F9K9

Joseph
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Web Site Window Sticker

Post by Joseph »

I've seen that most other sites have a window sticker you can buy or whatever. Some of them even have hat, t-shirts coffee mugs etc. I would be interest in a window sticker with the site on it. I would like to have t-shirt with the site on the back side. Is the name of the web site copyrighted? How about the picture that is on the upper lefthand corner or a colored drawing of a crew cab with the sites name below it. Just a thought. JH68
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Figures.. some one would try to find a way to comercialize this ;) j/k

I like the idea of a simple , tasteful, logo. for a sticker or hat.

This would work OK on a mug:

But for a shirt, hat, bandanna, etc ...something a bit more...uhmm...simple and formatted for them.

How about some ideas? S&S CC , Crewcab2ya.com, ???

Anyone have the "artistic" gene?

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
Conman
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Conman »

My other club uses this company:

http://www.cafeshops.com/isuzoo

I think it's cheap as they don't make the logos until someone buys something. I think an easier web address would be needed first before coming up with bumper stickers and stuff(some people might get confused with crewcab.2ya part of it or read it wrong on a moving truck).

I'm interested so keep me informed as I'm going to be running stickers like this one, just smaller as I know this guy well and bought lots of stuff from him:

http://www.independent4x.com/category.h ... Ds=1178765

Cheers,

Con
[size=75]2007 Hummer H3 all Stock
Sold: 2004 Chevy Avalanche Z71 all Stock.
Sold: 2002 Chevy S10 Crew Cab ZR5 - Mods: Truxedo Bed Cover, APC and TYC Lights.[/size]
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

yes the web address name is an issue. and just so everyone knows, i am running the site on somebody elses web server and domain name (obvioulsly) :lol: then i use a short url to help the name be short and to get it in the search engines. i had a friend hook me up with the web server. brule, runs the board off a free server. so basically, this thing doesnt cost us nothin but time. nothing on the site is copywrited or anything. i forgot who, but someone already wanted to make a window sticker, but i never heard whether or not they did. i personally dont care. what anybody does with anything :lol:
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
| ##Budweiser ###### | ||''|"\,__.
|_...__...________ ====| |__|__|...]
"(@)'(@)""""**|(@)(@)******(@)I[/size]
Lee
Regular
Regular

Window sticker

Post by Lee »

I have been kicking around a design for a window sticker to put on my truck as I show it fairly regularly, and I want people to get exposure to the S-10 Crew Cabs. The design that I've been considering, I'm not sure if would work on anybody elses truck, because I'm doing my truck in a defined color scheme.
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

my color sheme is blue and black. there is some chrome right now. but eventually, it will be gone! 8)
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
Lee
Regular
Regular

Color scheme

Post by Lee »

Well, my color scheme is really strange. My truck is Dark Cherry Red Metallic. Everything that I've painted on the truck is bright yellow, cuz I have aftermarket speakers that have yellow cones, and I thought it would be cool to match my other accent stuff to those. Besides that, I've got plenty of chrome, and plan on getting more. I though about black, cuz it is less expensive, but I just really like the look of chrome, and my truck already had a good bit of chrome when I got it.
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

yeah, i have chrome bumpers and lug nuts. once i weld my prerunner bar and chop my rear fenders and make a supported butt and my lug nuts were free, but i get them black too, eventually. i am lucky cuz my pro comp lights come with a blue ring around the light that is the exact color of my truck. it looks sweet :)
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

I'll try to throw something together for you guys this week or maybe this weekend. I do web design and graphic design in my spare time so I'll see what I can put together. Do you want a vinyl type sticker with just letters only or more of conventional bumper sticker design?

FYI...here's one of the websites I've done... www.ebomb.tv nothing real fancy but my friends in the band like it. :D
[size=75]Mark
[b][i][color=red]2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Quad Cab[/color][/i][/b]
[b][color=blue]"There are no stupid questions, just stupid people."[/color][/b][/size]
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

yeah that is definetly a cool site. i have done sites too. this one, but others were all flash but then it just took up too much time so i havent done it in years. this site is really basic. i just dreamweaver. i wish i had some scripts and a good server where people could edit there own member page info and i would have to do it. but that is over my head
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

I'll talk to a friend of mine here in Phoenix that does web hosting from his home. He's currently hosting the local F Body website for free I think ( www.arizonafbody.com ). Maybe I can get him to hook us up with some good server space and a decent amount of bandwidth.

That site I posted was my first website, and first time using Flash. I did it all back in June from scratch...pretty much learn-as-you-go style. I definitely need to learn a lot more though. I want to get into more sophisticated graphic design and video editing stuff too.
[size=75]Mark
[b][i][color=red]2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Quad Cab[/color][/i][/b]
[b][color=blue]"There are no stupid questions, just stupid people."[/color][/b][/size]
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

hey that would be cool. where we could use help, is if we had a decent server to run the board off of. the web site server is pretty fast.
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
2bunik
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by 2bunik »

:x so has anyone come up with stickers yet? Just wondering.. I think a window banner is cool but only if we all get it from the same place. otherwise It would look kinda cheesy.. I think eventually someone will go out and get a nice one I hope..
[size=75]TARMAC TRENDZ car club
2003 GMC Zr5 maroon or somethingto it.
Two 10s in a custom box and Pioneer Premier 400w amp, Quad mod,Body lift, bed light.
http://www.tarmactrendz.vze.com/[/size]
Justin
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Justin »

Edecals.com is a great site to have site stickers made but they are relatively expensive. I lookined into it and called to see if I could get a cheaper price for ordering quite a few but they stuck with their figures. I also looked into buying 25 or 50 then selling them individually but wouldn't be worth it..Better off just selecting on one, agreeing on the style and color then telling everyone to buy one....here's the website

http://www.edecals.com/custom/website_decals.htm

I like the seldane in dark blue reflective with a shadow

would it be ilegal for us to purchase one?
[size=75]05 Sierra LLY "Silver Bull"[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Justin wrote:would it be ilegal for us to purchase one?
Why would it be?, this site belongs to all of us.

"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
- ThunderII KE7CSK
Conman
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Conman »

Justin wrote:Edecals.com is a great site to have site stickers made but they are relatively expensive. I lookined into it and called to see if I could get a cheaper price for ordering quite a few but they stuck with their figures. I also looked into buying 25 or 50 then selling them individually but wouldn't be worth it..Better off just selecting on one, agreeing on the style and color then telling everyone to buy one....here's the website

http://www.edecals.com/custom/website_decals.htm

I like the seldane in dark blue reflective with a shadow

would it be ilegal for us to purchase one?
Interesting. Wonder what size would look good? Once issue with our front windshield if that is where you want to install it. It had a deep curve so the sticker would have to be cut with a curve in mind.

see how this sticker is on a s10:
http://www.rmsoffroad.com/shoptrucks/Mvc-002rickh.jpg
http://www.rmsoffroad.com/shoptrucks/Mvc-001rickh.jpg

Con
Sold: 2002 Chevy S10 Crew Cab ZR5 - Mods: Truxedo Bed Cover, APC and TYC Lights.[/size]
Jay-Bird
Crew
Crew

Post by Jay-Bird »

I have the red SONOMA sticker for mine from GM... Do you know what size tires are on the white ZR2?? I like the tires and rims..
Conman
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Conman »

Jay-Bird wrote:I have the red SONOMA sticker for mine from GM... Do you know what size tires are on the white ZR2?? I like the tires and rims..
Don't know but they look like 15x7 rims(cause the tires are bowing out) and maybe the tires are 33x12.5. Just a guess. It appears it's a 5" BDS Lift kit.

Con
Justin
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Justin »

well lets buy some. I'm not interested in a large window sticker for the windshield. More like a sticker for the middle window of my sliding rear window. Does anyone know that dimensional length? Should we all order the same style, size and color window sticker or can we order different ones?

yay or nay, either way I'm going to order one.....I see so many crews up here and its a great way to increase our site activitity and help others out.
Jay-Bird
Crew
Crew

Post by Jay-Bird »

My uncle owns his own sign company [Compton Sign Service] and he can make stickers.... But he would charge but i can alk to him if yall want me too... And I need to know what design....
Justin
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Justin »

copy the text of the banner at the top of this page. That is a nice design. Shredded outline looks good...
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Justin wrote:copy the text of the banner at the top of this page. That is a nice design. Shredded outline looks good...
I go for one of those too.
It is a little fuzzy right now , but it is suppose to look "electrified"

- ThunderII KE7CSK
jarhead
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by jarhead »

HenryJ wrote:
Justin wrote:copy the text of the banner at the top of this page. That is a nice design. Shredded outline looks good...
I go for one of those too.
It is a little fuzzy right now , but it is suppose to look "electrified"
I agree the banner is 8) it would make a great sticker :)
2001 pewter crew She's for sale
Justin
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Justin »

here's the closest i could find with the type of font. Add a background and it should look similar

http://www.edecals.com/images/fonts/firecat.gif
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Justin wrote:here's the closest i could find with the type of font. Add a background and it should look similar

http://www.edecals.com/images/fonts/firecat.gif
Can it be done as an outline?
I like the outline look of the one here - S-10CREWCAB.com

- ThunderII KE7CSK
Jay-Bird
Crew
Crew

Post by Jay-Bird »

I'll see what i can get done.. I dont know about the back ground part.. I can do any letter style thaat hes has but it'll probably be just one color.. But i can c if he'll do a diffrent way...
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Jay-Bird wrote:... I dont know about the back ground part.. I can do any letter style thaat hes has but it'll probably be just one color.. But i can c if he'll do a diffrent way...
Don't worry about adding a background-

Just imagine that the black in this one does not exist. I wouldn't mind having one of those on my slider.

Check into having it available for mounting from the inside too, if possible.

- ThunderII KE7CSK