Saw this CC in a used lot this morning.....

Everything else! new member introductions, pics, announcements, news..

Moderator: F9K9

adrenalnjunky
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Saw this CC in a used lot this morning.....

Post by adrenalnjunky »

Used car guy says it was driven by a little old lady, only on Sundays to church and the grocery store. Says it's 100% mint condition and was lovingly cared for :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ..................

[size=75]Thanks, CHRIS
2000 S10 Blazer 4x4 4Dr. -- 2" PA BodyLift, Daystar Shackles, TB Crank, 1.75" Rear wheel spacers, Yakima roofrack, 30" BFG AT's.
1969 VW Bug -- airbagged and in pieces.
1962 VW Karmann ghia -- rusting over in the corner. "That's not a tool--that's a damn brick!"[/size]
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

Give him a whole list of things to check and then bring in pics of what it's done and offer $5000 for it. :mrgreen:
[size=75]Mark
[b][i][color=red]2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Quad Cab[/color][/i][/b]
[b][color=blue]"There are no stupid questions, just stupid people."[/color][/b][/size]
adrenalnjunky
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by adrenalnjunky »

lol -- yeah considering I have Hobie's firehole pic as my wallpaper :-)

If I had known that it was going to end up there, I wouldn't have paid hobie $100 for rear wheel spacers, I would have just gone and swiped em in the middle of the night ;-)

I want those rocksliders though......anyone got a cordless reciprocating saw? :lol: :lol: :lol:
[size=75]Thanks, CHRIS
2000 S10 Blazer 4x4 4Dr. -- 2" PA BodyLift, Daystar Shackles, TB Crank, 1.75" Rear wheel spacers, Yakima roofrack, 30" BFG AT's.
1962 VW Karmann ghia -- rusting over in the corner. "That's not a tool--that's a damn brick!"[/size]
adrenalnjunky
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by adrenalnjunky »

Oh, Mark -- did you get my PM from the other day?
[size=75]Thanks, CHRIS
Dragonmaster
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Re: Saw this CC in a used lot this morning.....

Post by Dragonmaster »

adrenalnjunky wrote:Used car guy says it was driven by a little old lady, only on Sundays to church and the grocery store. Says it's 100% mint condition and was lovingly cared for :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ..................

[img]Removed[img]
Ya, like a granny who just had a stroke and her foot accidentally pressed the gas and turned the wheel steering her into a brutal rock and mud strewn trail. :lol: :lol: :lol:
[size=75]1 of 6 Wheatland Yellow Sonoma's in Canada

[url=http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4290324509]Truck Pics[/url][/size]
barch97
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by barch97 »

It's too bad we don't have any "www.s-10crewcab.com" bumper stickers you could slab on the back. :lol:
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

oh my :shock:

where did you see that!!!!

i feel like someone found my lost child.

i left it as john harvey toyota in bossier.

did they sell it already!
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
| ##Budweiser ###### | ||''|"\,__.
|_...__...________ ====| |__|__|...]
"(@)'(@)""""**|(@)(@)******(@)I[/size]
adrenalnjunky
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by adrenalnjunky »

They probably never even tried to sell it -- that's the lot that I bought my Blazer from in Monroe. When i traded in my Z24 it sat on thier lot for about 3 days and then just disappeared and I have never seen it again - not too many White Z24s running around here (I still have my second Keyless entry transmitter in my glovebox in case I do ever see the owner) -- my theory is that they take a used car like that and get it as far the hell away from where it came from as quick as possible. That way people are less likely to know the previous owner -- it probably went to auction or a wholesaler and then got distributed around.

Man I want the 4.10 drivetrain though :-) Maybe I will go offer em $5000 for it -- what did you get in trade for it Hobbie if you don't mind me asking -- you can PM me if you would prefer.
[size=75]Thanks, CHRIS
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

adrenalnjunky wrote:Oh, Mark -- did you get my PM from the other day?
You PM'ed me? I don't remember...I've slept since then. :)
[size=75]Mark
[b][i][color=red]2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Quad Cab[/color][/i][/b]
[b][color=blue]"There are no stupid questions, just stupid people."[/color][/b][/size]
2bunik
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by 2bunik »

:lol: :lol: WE BRING YOU THIS PIECE OF HISTORY FROM THE S-10 ARCHIVES :lol: REMEMBER THIS GUYS
[size=75]TARMAC TRENDZ car club
2003 GMC Zr5 maroon or somethingto it.
Two 10s in a custom box and Pioneer Premier 400w amp, Quad mod,Body lift, bed light.
http://www.tarmactrendz.vze.com/[/size]
adrenalnjunky
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by adrenalnjunky »

I still see the truck - the current owner has taken off the pre-runner bar, and rock sliders, and added chrome nerf bars and a hard tonneau.

I still havent seen it anywhere that I can talk to the owner though - I think it's an older fellow that owns it.
[size=75]Thanks, CHRIS
kf6kmx
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by kf6kmx »

adrenalnjunky wrote:They probably never even tried to sell it -- that's the lot that I bought my Blazer from in Monroe. When i traded in my Z24 it sat on thier lot for about 3 days and then just disappeared and I have never seen it again - not too many White Z24s running around here (I still have my second Keyless entry transmitter in my glovebox in case I do ever see the owner) -- my theory is that they take a used car like that and get it as far the hell away from where it came from as quick as possible. That way people are less likely to know the previous owner -- it probably went to auction or a wholesaler and then got distributed around.
Not always.. I was surprised a few months ago to be parked next to my old car in the same town I traded it in..
I traded a '97 Dodge Intrepid Sport for the CC, had abgout $1,000 of custom performace done to it (including true dual exhaust with very deep/LOUD exhaust..).. Anyway, traded it in, and never saw it anywhere again.. Then I went to the local Wallyworld (aka Walmart) and when I came out it was parked next to the CC.. same exhaust and everything.. I cna guarantee it was the same car, the exhaust system was a 'one off' custom done by a local race shop useing Megs chrome tips.. there cant be another setup the same.. they modified the car to do the true dual exhaust..
[size=75]-Scott-----'03 CrewCab S10 - Pewter
[url]http://www.kf6kmx.net/s10tracker.asp[/url]<-- Follow this link to find my trucks current actual location! Updated whenever the ignition is on. (tracker radio is currently intermittant) Pioneer XM, MagnaFlow, Garmin GPS,Tornado AMS , APRS Tracker, 2m/440 Ham Radio, Vista Camper Shell (from SoCalDave) , JottoDesk laptop mount, Rancho 5000's, Revo 235 75R15 on stock rims[/size]
2bunik
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by 2bunik »

I see the car I traded in across the street every day.. I wonder what she or he paid for it but dont want to ask.. well I do but don't .. I wonder if she knows that the milage is incorrect on the ODOmeter.. Or the wire bundle under the steering wheel is wrapped in shipping tape
Two 10s in a custom box and Pioneer Premier 400w amp, Quad mod,Body lift, bed light.
Rusty

Post by Rusty »

I had a '74 Datsun 260Z years ago that I bought for the paltry sum of $100. Why so cheap? The car was a major rust bucket (yeah, I get a lot of those - seems to be my lot in life - hence the name "Rusty"). Anyway, I decided to get some estimates on repairing the rust from some local body shops. I was told by each one that structurally the car was so rusted through in several places that it wasn't even safe to drive. One guy even told me I should tow it home, not drive it. Apparently the front fenders were about all that was holding the front end together. It was that bad. Well, my answer was to trade it in on an '82 Capri RS 5.0 I saw at a local car dealer. They gave me $1400 trade in on the Z. I thought they were nuts. Silly me. Two weeks later the Z was on the front line of the lot with a nice shiny red paint job and a $4995 sticker in the windshield (I could tell it was the same car though). I had to stop and look at it. When I crawled under to look, I could see where they had filled all the rust spots with bondo and them painted over them. They didn't really fix anything. Just made it look pretty. Well another two weeks go by and I see some young kid driving it down the road. I wanted to flag him down and tell him about the "death trap" he just bought but he was going the other way and there was no way to catch him. I still think about it from time to time. :!:
Mat73GNZ
Crew
Crew

Post by Mat73GNZ »

Alright, a fellow Z car guy! :D Yeah, they can be rust buckets alright. I'm glad I started off with a southern born car. Here's a recent picture of mine while taking the Z to storage for winter. Nothin' but intercooler!

!M!
'02 Crew Cab
'73 Datsun 240Z with Buick Grand National engine swap
Rusty

Post by Rusty »

Yeah, I loved my little Z. Probably the only Japanese car I ever owned that I did like. I think the early Z's are some of the best looking Japanese cars too. Mine was all stock with A/C and an automatic. Nice cruiser but with the auto, it sure wasn't fast. I wish I could have kept it but it was just too far gone in the rust department and I didn't have the time or money back then to mess with it anyway. I would love to find another one but the decent (non rustbucket) ones are priced way out of my reach now.
2bunik
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by 2bunik »

rusty ur doing it again