Extended Warranty

Everything else! new member introductions, pics, announcements, news..

Moderator: F9K9

mndomrep

Extended Warranty

Post by mndomrep »

I was wondering if anybody else is considering buying an extended warranty for their S-10. I have a 2001 Crew Cab coming out of warranty. If so who do you recomend? Any input will help me make a desicion.
NTXCrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by NTXCrew »

I have a $0.00 deductable 6 yr/100,000 mile (maybe less miles) warranty, but thanks to my father-in-law, I had GMS pricing. Also, I work with a woman who used to be a finance manager at a local dealer and she said that (and I had no idea that....) you can haggle on the price of the warranty because it is much more marked up than the vehicle you're buying! :roll:
2003 S-10 Crew Cab - Indigo Blue Metallic
Flowmaster 40 w/ turndown, Chopped Airbox, APC clear corners, Trenz billet bowtie, Shaved badges, Sylvania Silverstars, Xenon fogs
-Jim
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

Ah, they will mess with you all the same on extended as normal warranty. :lol:
[size=75][url=http://outsideventure.com/s10crew/]01 S10 Crewcab - SAS'd[/url][/size]
Jeff
Crew
Crew

Post by Jeff »

I have an 02, and I was a little sceptical about purchasing an extended warranty. I haggled with the GM sales rep for a couple of days, and finally got to the point that he told me that he would buy back the extended warranty at the end of the warranty period if I had not used it, (6 years, 100,000 miles) bumper to bumper. I told him that if he would put it in writing that I would go for it. He did :D So I forked out the 1,700. I now have 39,000 miles on the truck, it has never given me any problems, and I suspect that I will be seeing a check for $1,700 in the next few years.
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

I'd be very suprised if you got that check. Gotta be some small print somewhere. But good luck!
[size=75][url=http://outsideventure.com/s10crew/]01 S10 Crewcab - SAS'd[/url][/size]
marks10cc
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by marks10cc »

I've always gotten a check back from my extended warranties... albeit a little less than I wanted, but I did receive $600 back on my last one.

Anybody know who they're extended warranties are through? I didn't buy one this time and I'm regretting it.
ronnie
Regular
Regular

Post by ronnie »

i bought one for my 2003 paid 700 thru gm,but if your a member of a credit union they should offer one and some insurance companies do
2003 s-10 zr5 crew cab leaather,dvd/mp3 player,monitor,10' mtx thuderform,,i have a website selling jeep and other 4x4 please email me if looking for lift kit,seatcovers,performance parts,919-524-3595
marks10cc
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by marks10cc »

Credit Union!!! Oh man.. I never even thought to check there. Thanks!