2 SFA crew cabs side by side

Everything else! new member introductions, pics, announcements, news..

Moderator: F9K9

Warnoffroad
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

2 SFA crew cabs side by side

Post by Warnoffroad »

I was a "hardcoremini" truck show this weekend and guess what I saw. ok, well the dude from ZR2 that gave me the about this CC didnt know what he was lookin at. It has a D44 not a D30, but it has a D35 rear and didnt want to spend the the extra 250 for the rear disc break package. And on top of all that it is not a true crew cab, it was one of those ext cabs that had been turned into a CC. The first give away was the front air dam just below the front bumper. It looked as if it was a 97, and the bed was about 1.5" longer. Because his flare seemed to end alot different, also you could see where the extended the cab. Although ours has the same mark at the bottom middle of the rear door, this one was a bit different and not as clean looking. Oh and it was on 39s not 38s, which the rear fender just about touching the tire. If I were him I would drop back down to a 36, because I hardly had enought room to put my hand inbetween the tire and the fender. If it was on the ground (doin a chest measure) I would have to say mine sits a good 2-3 higher. But it was a very nice super clean WELL built truck, a steering set up so awsome I havent seen any thing like it before.

I also just happened to past a chevy dealer with a yellow ZR5, so I got a few pics of that too. Sorry for the crapy pics, I didnt have my good camera.
[size=75]02 ZR5 CC, SFA D44 front, D60 rear, 40" IROKs, np200 2nd t-case. SOLD
05 F-350 CC FX4 Diesel, 7" lift 37" toyos, 14.18 1/4 mile ET[/size]
Warnoffroad
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Warnoffroad »

Since his tires stick out so much and are wider then mine, his makes mine look all tall narrow and funny. :lol:

a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

yeah!!! i like that..
nice..thats cool you took a pic next to the stock one :lol:
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
| ##Budweiser ###### | ||''|"\,__.
|_...__...________ ====| |__|__|...]
"(@)'(@)""""**|(@)(@)******(@)I[/size]
Dragonmaster
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Dragonmaster »

Why is his on a trailer?
[size=75]1 of 6 Wheatland Yellow Sonoma's in Canada

[url=http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4290324509]Truck Pics[/url][/size]
Warnoffroad
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Warnoffroad »

:lol: :lol: yeah, my buddy got out walked up next to it and said, dude I cant believe your truck was THIS SMALL. But it was a cute truck :lol: It was funny because a few of the sales people just stood off to the side and just looked at my truck
Warnoffroad
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Warnoffroad »

Dragonmaster wrote:Why is his on a trailer?
Prolly because he cant drive it with out blowin out his rear axle. But I was mad about that, I really wanted a pic of them side by side on flat ground
marks10cc
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by marks10cc »

If I only had the money to turn my little highway daily driver into a mud-kicking toy... God that looks good!
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

ya. so he didnt get it off the trailer for the show? thats dumb.
and i know he couldnt turn without rubbing...D35??? come on.. at least put a toy rear in..sheesh
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

Warnoffroad wrote:Image
Now that's a good pic! Now you need one next to a stock full-size 4x4. :)
[size=75]Mark
[b][i][color=red]2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Quad Cab[/color][/i][/b]
[b][color=blue]"There are no stupid questions, just stupid people."[/color][/b][/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Re: 2 SFA crew cabs side by side

Post by HenryJ »

Warnoffroad wrote:... it is not a true crew cab, it was one of those ext cabs that had been turned into a CC. The first give away was the front air dam just below the front bumper. It looked as if it was a 97, and the bed was about 1.5" longer. Because his flare seemed to end alot different, also you could see where the extended the cab. Although ours has the same mark at the bottom middle of the rear door, this one was a bit different and not as clean looking. ...
I would say that it appears to be a 2001 Crew Cab. The front valance is the same as mine, the stock (nonZR5) flares do "end differently", and the first conversions did not get them ,or the Isuzu bed. The conversions that I have seen have the chrome fender trim like Highrollers.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
KYLE
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by KYLE »

[quote="Warnoffroad"]Since his tires stick out so much and are wider then mine, his makes mine look all tall narrow and funny. :lol:

NO WAY! your crew looks functional :lol: and personally even though mine's pewter too, I think yours looks way better.
[size=75]2003 PEWTER GMC SONOMA CREWCAB, 1.5" SPACERS![/size]
adrenalnjunky
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by adrenalnjunky »

True -- you DROVE yours to the show :-)
[size=75]Thanks, CHRIS
2000 S10 Blazer 4x4 4Dr. -- 2" PA BodyLift, Daystar Shackles, TB Crank, 1.75" Rear wheel spacers, Yakima roofrack, 30" BFG AT's.
1969 VW Bug -- airbagged and in pieces.
1962 VW Karmann ghia -- rusting over in the corner. "That's not a tool--that's a damn brick!"[/size]
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

HenryJ wrote:
Warnoffroad wrote:... it is not a true crew cab, it was one of those ext cabs that had been turned into a CC. The first give away was the front air dam just below the front bumper. It looked as if it was a 97, and the bed was about 1.5" longer. Because his flare seemed to end alot different, also you could see where the extended the cab. Although ours has the same mark at the bottom middle of the rear door, this one was a bit different and not as clean looking. ...
I would say that it appears to be a 2001 Crew Cab. The front valance is the same as mine, the stock (nonZR5) flares do "end differently", and the first conversions did not get them ,or the Isuzu bed. The conversions that I have seen have the chrome fender trim like Highrollers.
yep..thats what i was thinking too
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
Warnoffroad
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Warnoffroad »

a2b wrote:
HenryJ wrote:
yep..thats what i was thinking too
that is true, but just the lines on the truck seemed different. Me and my buddy saw alot of little things different on his truck, but maybe thats it's jsut because his is and 01 and they changed some stuff around? I dunno, some good points
Warnoffroad
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Warnoffroad »

KYLE wrote:
Warnoffroad wrote:Since his tires stick out so much and are wider then mine, his makes mine look all tall narrow and funny. :lol:

NO WAY! your crew looks functional :lol: and personally even though mine's pewter too, I think yours looks way better.
haha, thanks. I think that was a pure awsome well built truck. His seemed to be more or a sport, clean, street queen truck that rubbed while doing a U turn on flat ground. where mine was more of a rugged, go anywhere look. so they are kinda 2 different trucks in a way
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

Dag gone, that's sweet Warn. I'd sure like to know about all the stuff that shop used to do your front end. I like the look of leafs up front.
[size=75][url=http://outsideventure.com/s10crew/]01 S10 Crewcab - SAS'd[/url][/size]
Warnoffroad
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Warnoffroad »

AZS10Crew wrote:
Warnoffroad wrote:Image
Now that's a good pic! Now you need one next to a stock full-size 4x4. :)
:lol: :lol: why? I would just make him looks small too. haha j/k
but i did get a pic of it next to my dads 02 tahoe Z71
Last edited by Warnoffroad on Tue Nov 18, 2003 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2bunik
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by 2bunik »

I couldnt believe your truck was that big.. until I saw that pic next to the tahoe. good job...
[size=75]TARMAC TRENDZ car club
2003 GMC Zr5 maroon or somethingto it.
Two 10s in a custom box and Pioneer Premier 400w amp, Quad mod,Body lift, bed light.
http://www.tarmactrendz.vze.com/[/size]
Warnoffroad
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Warnoffroad »

thanks
2bunik
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by 2bunik »

what happen to the pics? I tried showing my buddy your truck and the pics were gone. now he dont beleive me :!:
Two 10s in a custom box and Pioneer Premier 400w amp, Quad mod,Body lift, bed light.
Warnoffroad
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Warnoffroad »

2bunik wrote:what happen to the pics? I tried showing my buddy your truck and the pics were gone. now he dont beleive me :!:
?
2bunik
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by 2bunik »

if u can see them then i guess they are not work friendly too :lol:
Bad_Ass_S10
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Bad_Ass_S10 »

Dude, quite talking what u dont know , i will take my trk anywhere u want to go show or shine or in the mud, it dont matter and the reason why its on a trailer is because i dont drive it to shows that are long drives cause of a milage factor, its a true 2001 CREW cab and i do have dana 44 in front and rear with 4.56 gears
Bad_Ass_S10
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Bad_Ass_S10 »

I can give u the casting #'s if anyone would like to match the front and rear and its on a trl because the show was about over, judging on saturday and ur pics was taken on sunday and i did drive it around cause i took it to old town saturday night,
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

Bad_Ass_S10 wrote:I can give u the casting #'s if anyone would like to match the front and rear and its on a trl because the show was about over, judging on saturday and ur pics was taken on sunday and i did drive it around cause i took it to old town saturday night,
ya mine is on a trailer too :D

...its not street legal either :lol:
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

Bad_Ass_S10 wrote:Dude, quite talking what u dont know , i will take my trk anywhere u want to go show or shine or in the mud, it dont matter and the reason why its on a trailer is because i dont drive it to shows that are long drives cause of a milage factor, its a true 2001 CREW cab and i do have dana 44 in front and rear with 4.56 gears
Uh Oh! Nice theme song on your page! Looks like we need a show down. Hook up the chains and let's have a tug o war at high noon! Sweet truck Bad! :bounce:
[size=75][url=http://outsideventure.com/s10crew/]01 S10 Crewcab - SAS'd[/url][/size]
Warnoffroad
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Warnoffroad »

quickbiker wrote:
Bad_Ass_S10 wrote:Dude, quite talking what u dont know , i will take my trk anywhere u want to go show or shine or in the mud, it dont matter and the reason why its on a trailer is because i dont drive it to shows that are long drives cause of a milage factor, its a true 2001 CREW cab and i do have dana 44 in front and rear with 4.56 gears
Uh Oh! Nice theme song on your page! Looks like we need a show down. Hook up the chains and let's have a tug o war at high noon! Sweet truck Bad! :bounce:
everything on our trucks are the same, so it would be a test to see which swamper pulls better. TSL vs IROK