trading in the crew cab

Everything else! new member introductions, pics, announcements, news..

Moderator: F9K9

mudtaxi
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

trading in the crew cab

Post by mudtaxi »

well i have had just way too many problems with this truck first the motor blowing up then having the trans pump changed twice then the torque converter thena having the trans rebuilt i think my rear end is going out now and my wife said she is tired of spending money on my truck so i think im going to try and get a chevy 1500 regular cab 4x4 if i can get out from underneath my truck without being hooked $5000
purduecrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by purduecrew »

It is only my opinion, but if the builder didn't get the tranny right the first time, and didn't desperately beg you to put in a new converter while you were in there, I would say you need a new mechanic. That woulda saved you alot of money right then and there. I dont think the truck is whats to blame...
[size=75]2003 Black CC
Hot Feet Fix - Quad Light Mod - 30x9.5 BFG A/T -PA3's - Boise Spring Works Kit - PCM TUNE
COMING: ?[/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

I have to concur. There is something basically amiss here besides, it's color.
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
purduecrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by purduecrew »

I speak from experience that you dont use the tranny/engine connecting bolts to seat the torque converter :bonk:

I did a filter/shift kit on a TH350 once, put on the new motor in above stated fashion, got it all together, no gears. Dropped tranny, replaced pump, got it all back in, nothin, no gears. Realized the four damn rings on the pump snout werent present on the new pump....third time was charm :wink:
[size=75]2003 Black CC
Hot Feet Fix - Quad Light Mod - 30x9.5 BFG A/T -PA3's - Boise Spring Works Kit - PCM TUNE
COMING: ?[/size]
mudtaxi
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by mudtaxi »

well i got a new truck yesterday i got a 2007 silverado 2wd regular cab with a v8 its very nice but my negitive equity in my crew cab screwed me hard