Other midsize and compact trucks

Everything else! new member introductions, pics, announcements, news..

Moderator: F9K9

ace
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Other midsize and compact trucks

Post by ace »

What other trucks have you looked at and what were your observations? I've been looking around just to see what's available and come to a few conclusions. If you agree or disagree I don't mind.

Dodge Dakota-V8 availability, large towing capacity, interior seemed to be made of cheap materials, reliability issues, expensive with V8, I couldn't find a suspension lift kit for the late models.

Tacoma-Nice power from a V6, No V8, expensive, Nice interior, sport edition looks tough, reliability seems to be good, nice aftermarket.

Colorado/Canyon-V8 coming available, It's really an Isuzu, style is a little quirky to me, plastic wheel centers look cheap.

Frontier-Nice power from the V6, back seat looks smaller, No V8, outside looks bigger than the CC, I again couldn't find a suspension lift kit for the late model.
[size=75]2005 Silverado Crew Cab Z71
SOLD! 2003 Red Chevy S-10 crewcab ZR5. 2" PA bodylift, 1.5" spacers, CB, Airshocks, 31" Mickey Thompson MTX Tires, raised step bars, Flowmaster super 40 with 2.5" mandrel bent pipe from the Force II kit, gm vent visors, 12 volt bed outlet, airbox mod, zr5 tonneau, Bilstein shocks.[/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

For towing I'd look at a Dakota but, would look harder at an older full size diesel.

I'd go with a Taco for an overall small pickup and they are pricey. You have to think about the reasons that make them pricey. I love their FJs and have seen them wheel stock and was amazed! The modified Jeep guys are even more amazed. Look for them to get big in the off road circles in the not to distant future.
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
ace
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by ace »

I've completed my research and the CC is just all around better than what's out there right now. I could go into detail but you guys know what I'm talking about. I may go fullsize someday maybe an avalanche but even used there about 20K for one with decent mileage.
[size=75]2005 Silverado Crew Cab Z71
SOLD! 2003 Red Chevy S-10 crewcab ZR5. 2" PA bodylift, 1.5" spacers, CB, Airshocks, 31" Mickey Thompson MTX Tires, raised step bars, Flowmaster super 40 with 2.5" mandrel bent pipe from the Force II kit, gm vent visors, 12 volt bed outlet, airbox mod, zr5 tonneau, Bilstein shocks.[/size]