Guess where this was stuck...

Everything else! new member introductions, pics, announcements, news..

Moderator: F9K9

daevans315
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Guess where this was stuck...

Post by daevans315 »

I did about 200 yards of off roading today showing a friend around the property. There was one small down tree. I didn't feel like getting out and moving it so I drove over. I got shields everywhere... right. The smell of burning wood and a drive train shake made me wish I'd gotten out. Looks like no lasting harm done though.

[size=75]"The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?" - Bash.org[/size]
Jigg
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Jigg »

over your tranmission?

That happened to me in my last blazer.
[size=75][url=http://www.synergyoffroad.com]Synergy Offroad[/url][/size]
Griff
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Griff »

I'm guessing on top of his rear drive shaft.
[size=75][url=http://www.zr2usa.com/members.php?id=974]"Maxine"[/url]- K&N FIPK, Gibson Cat-Back, Knaffle Shackles and Receivers, Optima Red Top, Knaffle Sliders, etc.

I break at least 2 Federal Laws per day.[/size]
daevans315
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by daevans315 »

Griff wrote:I'm guessing on top of his rear drive shaft.
Yep wedged over the drive shaft. I though I could hear something rubbing when I was still running slow but I wasn't sure. I hit about 30 out on the road and something was defiantly wrong. When I stuck my head under the truck and saw that sticking out I had visions of a bent drive shaft. When I yanked it out, it was smoking after going less than a half mile at 30mph. Got it back up to speed and no vibrations. The only lasting mark in a polished ring on my drive shaft.
[size=75]"The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?" - Bash.org[/size]