1988 S10 Blazer 4x4

Everything else! new member introductions, pics, announcements, news..

Moderator: F9K9

killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

1988 S10 Blazer 4x4

Post by killian96ss »

Does anyone here know anything about the 89 Blazer 4x4's? I have the opportunity to pick one up for free through one of my wifes co-workers. It needs a new radiator and EGR valve plus a few miscellaneous interior pieces. It has 120k miles and a new engine was installed in 95. I don't think it has been driven much since 2000. I would like to hear all the good and bad stuff about this year Blazer if anyone is familiar with them. Thanks! :D

Steve
Last edited by killian96ss on Wed Oct 25, 2006 5:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

look it over good it might be a rust bucket
[size=75]2004 S-10 CREW CAB {TRADED IN}
........ 2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeff024/]PICS OF THE CREW CAB[/url][/size]
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

jeff024 wrote:look it over good it might be a rust bucket
I'm looking at it tomorrow and I will check for excessive rust, however this one has been in the California bay area most of it's life so the rust shouldn't be too bad I hope. :pray: It's very hard for me to pass up a free Blazer, unless the 89 models have a lot of known problems. :?

Steve
SONOMA915
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by SONOMA915 »

Even if you get it and do a few things to it, you could always sell it for a few hundred dollars. I say go for it.
[size=75]2004 GMC Sonoma ZR5 (Sold)
2005 Toyota Tacoma[/size]
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

SONOMA915 wrote:Even if you get it and do a few things to it, you could always sell it for a few hundred dollars. I say go for it.
This was my thought as well. :D I have a couple of friends who do this with auction vehicles and they make a pretty good living buying these vehicles, fixing minor things and re-selling them for 2-3x what they paid for them. :D It is very hard to go wrong with a free vehicle unless it's an absolute mess. :lol:

Steve
Blaze One
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Blaze One »

if it runs , passes emisions testing(if you have it ) and can be insured , than take it . you can always sell it for a few hundred anyway . just so long as it is drivable .
[size=75]1995 Chevy Blazer 2dr 4x4 Limited Edition [/size]
bwenny247
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by bwenny247 »

fullsize or s-series?

2 or 4 wheel drive. if it's 4 wheel: take it, get it running and wheel the snot out of it! then sell it for a hundred bucks, lol :lol:
[size=75]*SOLD* 5" BDS, 2" PA, 33" MT's, HPPIII , Airaid TB spacer, K&N FIPK, March pulleys, 2.5" straight pipe, Trucktec tonneau, Herculinered body line down, 3/16" custom skid plates[/size]
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

bwenny247 wrote:fullsize or s-series?

2 or 4 wheel drive. if it's 4 wheel: take it, get it running and wheel the snot out of it! then sell it for a hundred bucks, lol :lol:
It's an s-series and a 4x4. :D I'm hoping the 4wd system works ok. :pray:

Steve
SONOMA915
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by SONOMA915 »

I'm pretty sure that most people on this site would take it. I bought a Honda Civic two years ago for $500 and sold it for $1500 within two months of owning it. All I did was replace the front wheel bearings.
04crewvt
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by 04crewvt »

Free= go for it what have you got to lose. Pick up a used rad for maybe $100 and a valve for $30 or so and beat the snot out of it until it dies. Kelly blue book value of between $800 - 1200 with no options listed just stock, if it has air/cruise tilt or power windows it adds a bit more.
[size=75]Why does the universe decree that if you have all the time in the world to work on projects you have no money and vice versa?
Green 2004 ZR-5 w/ too much to list here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2296465[/size]
GeorgesBlazah
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by GeorgesBlazah »

yeah id take it. im lokin fr a daily beater thats half decent on gas. i iwsh id come across something like that. i almost bought a typhoon the other day...some dd :evil:
[size=75]98 blazah w/ super stuff[/size]
Rusty

Re: 1989 S-Series 4x4 Blazer

Post by Rusty »

killian96ss wrote:Does anyone here know anything about the 89 Blazer 4x4's? I have the opportunity to pick one up for free through one of my wifes co-workers. It needs a new radiator and EGR valve plus a few miscellaneous interior pieces. It has 120k miles and a new engine was installed in 95. I don't think it has been driven much since 2000. I would like to hear all the good and bad stuff about this year Blazer if anyone is familiar with them. Thanks! :D

Steve

Hi! Anyone remember me? :lol:

My daily driver just happens to be an '89 S-10 Blazer. I wish I got mine for free though. I paid $600 for mine thinking it just needed a starter. Turned out to be a blown engine. Should have cut my losses and ran but now it has a new engine, new tranny, new t-case, rebuilt front end, rebuilt brakes, new wiring, etc, etc, etc. I don't even want to think about how much I've dumped into the little pig. It does drive nice though! Watch for rust, especially in the rear quarters. Other than that, it's pretty much the same thing as the Crewcabs with ball joint issues and other various S-10 weaknesses. Mechanically, not much has changed. One thing I like about the Blazer is it turns on the proverbial dime. Super tight turning radius. I haven't had the chance to off-road it yet but looking forward to it.
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

I got to look at the Blazer today and it's in decent condition. It's a white 2 door 4x4 with no rust and a perfectly straight body, but it does need a new radiator, heater core, battery, drivers side door lock switch, EGR valve, and rear brake drums. All these parts should cost me about $400. It does have the smaller V-6 though (2.8L) but I have heard these get 21 mpg. The 4x4 works as does everything else with the exception of the part above. Once I get it going I will post some pics. :D

Steve
SONOMA915
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by SONOMA915 »

Glad to see the majority won!! Now you just need to find an axle for SFA swap! :)
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

killian96ss wrote:...It does have the smaller V-6 though (2.8L) but I have heard these get 21 mpg...
:lol: Probably the same people who claim ours get that :lol:

Seriously , plan on 13 mpg and maybe 18 mpg highway with a good tune. Check the timing chain for slack. The 60 degree V-6 has a very long chain and gets really sloppy. Plan on pulling the intake and having it cleaned. If your EGR valve is bad , it is likely the passage is carboned as well.

You will find the 2.8L really gutless under 3000 rpm and not a real power house over that.

Good news: there are plenty of ways to improve things. Edelbrocks tubular exhaust and a Holley TBI along with a mild ignition upgrade can help. The best bang for the buck is the GM crate 3.4L HO engine though. The reprofiled cam really brings it alive. The engine is spec'd for a carb, but a 40% overbore of the intake and the addition of the Holley TBI works great.

Bad news though. That won't pass CA emissions and is probably why the engine is not spec'd for the TBI.

Dang! Handcuffed.

Oh, well. If you want a little on my last truck here is the page - Thunder Chevy

BTW, over 60k on that engine now and still nice to drive :mg:

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
1337vending
Crew
Crew

Post by 1337vending »

Yeah, I had an 89 blazer with the 4.3....good truck, the only things that ever went wrong with it was the heater core kept leaking. It would go for about 18 months, and then you'd smell antifreeze in the cabin. Not a fun piece to replace, since you have to pretty much dissasemble the dash to get to it. The only other problem it had was the A/C high fan relay also liked to die occasionally, leaving you with only the first 3 speeds. Oh, and the rear quarter started rusting right at where the window meets the body, right behind the rear tires. Other than that, ran great for 189,000 miles. At least its free! 8)
[size=75]2003 Indigo Blue Crew Cab - EFILive custom tune, K&N filter, Magnaflow Exhaust, Rear sway bar, ZR5 wheels w/ BFG 30x9.5x15 AllTerrains

Future mods:
Single 6.5" Bazooka behind the backseat[/size]
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

HenryJ wrote:
killian96ss wrote:...It does have the smaller V-6 though (2.8L) but I have heard these get 21 mpg...
:lol: Probably the same people who claim ours get that :lol:
Wait a minute, HJ don't you get 20 mpg with your 33's? I know I have been able to get 20 mpg as long as I use the cruise and drive very conservative. :D
Check the timing chain for slack. The 60 degree V-6 has a very long chain and gets really sloppy. Plan on pulling the intake and having it cleaned. If your EGR valve is bad , it is likely the passage is carboned as well.
Thanks, I will check all this stuff and I appreciate the advice since I have never owned one of these. Like I mentioned earlier I want to hear all the good and bad about this year s-series so I can fix it up right. :D

Steve
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

killian96ss wrote:Wait a minute, HJ don't you get 20 mpg with your 33's? I know I have been able to get 20 mpg as long as I use the cruise and drive very conservative. :D
Yes, but the 2.8L will get worse mileage. I did a ton of work to my old truck and was only able to get it up to 18 mpg highway. 4 spd trans , 4.10 gears and 31's. I went to a 5 spd later and that may have helped on a new engine, but I doubt it. It averages about 15 mpg regularly.

With the mods I have made the 4.3L in my crew gets better mileage.

Check the distributor bushings while it is out, I have replaced a couple of those and make sure the distributor housing is well grounded. They have a habit of toasting modules due to poor grounds. Punch out the vent screens or make sure they are really clean. Those plug up easy.

Check for a leak at the oil pressure sender. I have replaced half a dozen of those. Most think it is just the mess from changing the filter, but that usually doesn't get the adapter all oily.

Listen closely to the starter. If it sounds dry, rebuild it. Those things have a habit of grenading and they take the bell housing with them. I have seen three fail and destroy the bell housing when they go.

Watch for signs of a plugging cat. That is old enough to be ripe for it. I had two plug that were newer. That gauge you want would be a handy tool to check it out.

Rusty should be a good resource. He has first hand current information. I only have one left in the fleet, so my information is becoming rapidly obsolete :mg:

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
Rusty

Post by Rusty »

killian96ss wrote:I got to look at the Blazer today and it's in decent condition. It's a white 2 door 4x4 with no rust and a perfectly straight body, but it does need a new radiator, heater core, battery, drivers side door lock switch, EGR valve, and rear brake drums. All these parts should cost me about $400. It does have the smaller V-6 though (2.8L) but I have heard these get 21 mpg. The 4x4 works as does everything else with the exception of the part above. Once I get it going I will post some pics. :D

Steve

Sounds good. No rust is good. They tend to rust from the inside out though so you still might have it but in the early stages. Forget the 21mpg too. I also had a '87 that had the 2.8 and besides being totally gutless, I was lucky to get 14-15 combined city & hwy driving. My '89 is a 4.3TBI and gets the same mileage but at least it can sort of get out of it's own way. The 2.8 can be made tolerable if you have a 4 or 5 speed but with an auto, it's a lost cause. The engine just flat doesn't have any torque. Ironically, I've heard mild V8 swaps (305 and 350 TBI's) get better mileage and of course much better performance. Eventually I might still swap in a 350 but I have way too many other projects going so as long as it works, I just drive it.

One other thing you might have a problem with that nobody else mentioned is what I call "the possessed wipers syndrome". Both my Blazers had it and I've heard others talk about it too. Basically, something wears out in the wiper motor assembly causing them to occasionally take a single swipe across the windshield. If it goes on long enough eventually it will fry one of the traces in the wiper module board and then you have no off position (my '89 did this). You can of course replace the wiper motor assembly but I heard they were somewhere around $300. Or you can do what I did and install a toggle switch to cut the power to the wiper switch.

All in all, I actually like driving my Blazer more than the Crewcab. Mrs Rusty has taken over the CC as her daily driver since her Lumina died again. I think she always wanted it anyway!
Rusty

Post by Rusty »

HenryJ wrote:Rusty should be a good resource. He has first hand current information. I only have one left in the fleet, so my information is becoming rapidly obsolete :mg:
Since I have had to virtually rebuild every darned part of my Blazer (and I still have more to go - Next up? Door hinges!), I feel like some sort of expert on them! :lol:
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

Rusty wrote:
HenryJ wrote:Rusty should be a good resource. He has first hand current information. I only have one left in the fleet, so my information is becoming rapidly obsolete :mg:
Since I have had to virtually rebuild every darned part of my Blazer (and I still have more to go - Next up? Door hinges!), I feel like some sort of expert on them! :lol:
From what you and Brule have told me so far I'm sure I will have plenty of questions for you. :lol:

Steve
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

Update on the new (old) S10 Blazer. First of all it turns out to be an 88 instead of an 89. It has 170,000 total miles, however the engine is a Goodwrench replacement with only 70,000 miles and the transmission is newer with only 36,000 miles. :D My CC has more miles than this thing. :roll: Some of the options on this Blazer are YD3 (4x4), G80 (limited slip), H04 (4.11 gears), JB3 (power disc brakes), MD8 (700R4 transmission). Some other options are PDL, PW, AC, CC, PS, factory tinted windows, tilt steering, rear mounted spare tire carrier, HD radiator, two tone paint (white & silver), charcoal interior, roof rack, etc. So far I have replaced the spark plugs (AC Delco Platinums), spark plug wires (Taylor Thundervolt), coil (Accel), air filter (K&N), heater core, egr valve & vac box, starter, catalytic converter (Catco), 02 sensor (Catco), sway bar bushings (Energy Suspension), and battery. It even came with 5 brand new Bridgestone tires. :shock: The Blazer runs very good now and drives just as well. My only complaint would be the lack of power with the 2.8L V6, but it's not as bad as I expected. I'll probably get the Holley TB and Edelbrock exhaust that HenryJ mentioned to help wake this thing up a little. :D So far I am very happy with this Blazer and the total cost involved so far including DMV fees is only $450. 8) I will try to get some pics as soon as these huge Pacific storms pass. :roll:

Steve
Snoman002
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Snoman002 »

Good luck with the Blazer. I personally prefer the looks of the first gen S-Series trucks over any of the later versions. If I had my way I would own a four door first gen, but that take FAR more money than I have to spend on a truck right now.

There is ALOT of great info on the 2.8 over at S-Series.org and some of those guys have gotten some performance out of them (not much, but some).

HJ mentioned the 3.4 before. If you EVER come across a dirt cheap 3.4 (came in camaros) get it, it performs about as good as the 4.3 and is a realativly easy swap from the 2.8. This is all assuming you even car about more performance from your Blazer.

What ever way you go with the truck you can't beat a runing 4x4 for less than $500, much less fully loaded. Heck you could part that thing out for three times that. Good find on the truck and happy wheeling.
[size=75][b]1991 GMC Sonoma Extended Cb[/b] - 4.3L Automatic, 2" BL, 31" BFG's.
[b]1992 Chevy T-10 Reg Cab[/b] - 4.3L 5spd, 3" Bl, 31" Mud Tires. Hooker long tube headers and true duals.
[b]1999 Oldsmobile Bravada[/b] - Wifes truck, all stock.[/size]
04crewvt
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by 04crewvt »

I did a lot of mods on my 84 Jimmy to improve the 2.8 including converting it to a late 80's FI motor that I had torn down and rebuilt with lots of performance parts. I ended up with a truck that had lots of low end power but wouldn't get above 75mph if your life depended on it. I managed to get it to about 18mpg city and 20 highway so if you want any ideas I would be glad to share them.

BTW: In Vermont you could expect to pay at least $2500 for a truck in the condition you describe so you got a great deal. I would love to get another 1st gen Blazer it was really fun to work on and drive.
[size=75]Why does the universe decree that if you have all the time in the world to work on projects you have no money and vice versa?
Green 2004 ZR-5 w/ too much to list here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2296465[/size]
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

04crewvt wrote:if you want any ideas I would be glad to share them.
I would like to hear all the ideas or suggestions that will make my Blazer faster and reliable. My plans are to use it as a daily driver with some mild weekend off roading. :D

Steve
kwalsh
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by kwalsh »

I recently got rid of my '88 S-10 Blazer 4x4 2.8L V6.
I had problems with the rear...ended up swapping it out....teeth broke off of the gears. The engine was getting very sluggish towards the end of her life, 170,000 miles. I think my 3rd gear was pretty much shot & a seal worked itself loose on the block & oil would stream out. I never had any problems with the HVAC or electrical....it was just a PITA to change out the bulbs behind the dash so I could see how fast I was going at night. :)

All in all....no complaints, she treated me well & I beat the living HE!! out of her offroad!
[size=75]"Pain = weakness leaving the body."[/size]
04crewvt
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by 04crewvt »

Ok, where to start. Mods on my 2.8l. Double roller timing chain,wolverine/blue racer high torque low rpm cam with roller rockers,edelbrock tubular exhaust system,high output alternator, Jacobs ignition system with dual coil selector,8mm jacobs plug wires and 0 guage battery cables, optoma red top battery, high flow cat converter with dynomax turbo muffler and exhaust system. I was also running 4:11 gears. This combo had great power at the low end and good highway cruising but topped out at about 75mph. I actually yanked an 80 foot honey locust tree out from where it had gotten wedged when my father droppped it in my yard. I never found out exactly what package my 84 Jimmy came with it was a sierra classic but seemed taller than any other Blazer/Jimmy I had seen around and I could see a lot of frame under my truck without having any lift to it. It was great off road and a lot of fun to drive, wish I still had it.
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

One thing I have to keep in mind with future mods is CA emission testing. :roll: So far my wish list includes a Holley 400 cfm TB, Edelbrock Ti-Tech coated exhaust system, Dynomax cat back system, Transgo 700R4 shift kit, Flex-A-Lite electric cooling fan, Hypertech chip & 180* t-stat, double roller timing chain (brand ?), Comp cams roller rockers, and an MSD box. I already have a K&N air filter & x-stream top plate, Taylor Thundervolt wires, Accel cap and rotor & 48k volt coil, AC Delco double platinums, and a Catco catalytic converter & 02 sensor. A new cam would be nice, but I will have to do some research on that one because of the emission testing. :?

Steve
04crewvt
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by 04crewvt »

The cam I was running was CARB certified if I recall correctly. Your list reminded me that I also had the flex-a-lite fan and k&n filter and platinum tipped O2 sensors. Hard to remember all the mods after 5 years have passedImage
gen1crewcab
Regular
Regular

Post by gen1crewcab »

Sounds like you have a good start on your Blazer....I was in the same situation a year ago, I came across a "free" Blazer that needed a new engine. This is it $2500 later....

I would highly recommend a posi-lok cable system for engaging the front axle. They cost around $100 but I think it is essential on 1st gen s-10's. The factory vacuum system is really prone to failure (usually when you need it most)
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Once again you appear with a sweet ride :thumb:
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

gen1crewcab wrote:Image

I would highly recommend a posi-lok cable system for engaging the front axle. They cost around $100 but I think it is essential on 1st gen s-10's. The factory vacuum system is really prone to failure (usually when you need it most)
Nice Blazer! :thumb: Is that a Surco rack on top? I was looking at one just like it only a little smaller. Tell me more about your Blazer, like what mods you have etc. Mine looks just like that only it's a 2 door. My 4wd does work, but I know what you mean about it not working when you need it most. :roll:

Steve
Blaze One
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Blaze One »

very cool , i am intersted in that rear bumper you have there , do you have anymore pics of the bumper and rack too ?
[size=75]1995 Chevy Blazer 2dr 4x4 Limited Edition [/size]
gen1crewcab
Regular
Regular

Post by gen1crewcab »

The Blazer has a 3"BL ,Add-a-Leafs,T-Bar Crank, 31" MTR's, 16" Cragar Soft 8's. The roof rack is home made out of 1 1/4" sq. tubing and expanded metal for the floor. The rear bumper is also home made but I wouldn't recommend the set up for wheeling. It sticks out too far and hangs too low. I was at an offroad park last summer and after driving over an extremely nasty rock the rear bumper came down so hard it actually shattered the rear glass. PS If you break glass on the trail carry a clear shower curtain (the Martha Stewart collection is my favorite) and a roll of HD duct tape. I have stressed tested it up to 85 MPH with the windows down. :lol:
gen1crewcab
Regular
Regular

Post by gen1crewcab »

This is the only other picture I could scrounge of the rack. The Hi-Lift fits pretty good on it.
I have better pics...I will just have to do some digging
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

I finally got a pic of the Blazer today! :D

I did a lot of work on it this weekend: New / brakes, wheel cylinders, drums, wheel bearings & seals, chrome diff cover, and all 4 shocks. Damn I'm tired, but it was worth it. The blazer has been running very well and it's been getting 17-18 mpg which is just as good as the CC. :D

Steve
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Dayem, Southern Cal vehicles always look good for their age. :thumb:

Am sure you did a bunch to make it look that good. Is it the angle or do you have a little rearend sag there?
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

f9k9 wrote:Dayem, Southern Cal vehicles always look good for their age. :thumb:
Actually, I found out not too long ago that this Blazer was originally from Oregon and has only been in California for about 10 years now.
Is it the angle or do you have a little rearend sag there?
Both. :lol: The angle of the picture was kind of weird, but it does have some rear end sag also. I haven't decide yet if I want new springs, or just add some helpers. :?

Steve
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Still a very nice ride and :thumb:

I have a press release around here somewhere where I was featured with my first K-9. A 2dr S-10 was our ride from '90 until '91. He was a large imported German Shepard. I think you'll enjoy the pic when I locate it. Poor guy had the hair rubbed off his ears until I got a full size Bronco. :lol:
Rusty

Post by Rusty »

Looks really nice. I wish mine looked like that! Mine's a typical east coast rust bucket!
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

I installed the Summit Sway Control Springs today that I took off the CC yesterday. :D The Blazer rides much better now, and the rear end sag is gone. :wink:

I have put about 7k miles on the Blazer since I bought in February and so far I have been averaging 17 mpg. :D This is basically the same as my CC gets. :shock: Just the other day after filling it up I checked the gas mileage and to my surprise I got 19.8 mpg. 8) :D

Steve
Snoman002
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Snoman002 »

OMG, that underside is SOOOOO clean.

Yeah, I'm from the north, under sides on vehicles only look like that untill they are off the car lot, then they are BROWN.

That is a super nice truck, definatly worth the price! :lol:
[size=75][b]1991 GMC Sonoma Extended Cb[/b] - 4.3L Automatic, 2" BL, 31" BFG's.
[b]1992 Chevy T-10 Reg Cab[/b] - 4.3L 5spd, 3" Bl, 31" Mud Tires. Hooker long tube headers and true duals.
[b]1999 Oldsmobile Bravada[/b] - Wifes truck, all stock.[/size]
04crewvt
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by 04crewvt »

I know what you mean Snowman002. After just three VT winters I have a considerable amount of brown under my rig. I am starting to see major rust on the front suspension parts and each time I go to remove a fastener from the underside I worry that this will be the one that is seized. I guess that's the price we pay for living where 4-wheel drive is needed for 6 months of the year. Image

Seeing that 89 in such clean shape makes me wish I had my 84 Jimmy back, it was a great truck but it looked sort of like a swiss cheese on wheels.