Crew Cab Traded

Everything else! new member introductions, pics, announcements, news..

Moderator: F9K9

shrubs2000
Crew
Crew

Crew Cab Traded

Post by shrubs2000 »

Traded in my 04 CC last night. I pick up my 06 Silverado Extended Cab tomorrow. It just came of the truck yeaterday.

Nothing wrong with the CC just wanted a slightly larger bed and didn't use the 4x4 (maybe only used it once or twice).

Forrest
Steventruck
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Steventruck »

Then why did you get a truck if you don't need 4WD? I suppose if you needed the open bed.

I have a 94 Caprice wagon that has more power (LT1 & posi), close to the same towing ability (5000 lbs trailer), more interior spac that most SUVs (92 cubic feet the rear two rows of seats folded down... a 4'x8' fits IN THE CAR... 4'x7'6" fits in the car and the driver is still comfortable) and can be picked up for less than $5K. Same RWD drivetrain and the 1/2 ton trucks, and last forever. 4L60E tranny's the weak spot, but I have an old police car (9C1) with 220,000 miles. Even the wagon has 153000. Both are still running strong.

Both of these cars get 18-20 MPG, better on the highway.

How much was your truck?
[size=75]1999 ZR2 regular cab Chevy pick-up, trip computer, Knaffle lift shackles, Warn M8000, Leer topper, Blazer power seats, Leather steering wheel with radio controls... Basically comfort features for a leasurely off-road jaunt.[/size]
Pauleo
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Pauleo »

And another one goes full size! I did it too. Congratulations on the new truck! I wanna see pics!

I loved my s-10 crew cab and admit getting a little sick when I see the new owner driving it around. But I love my full size even more! Tons more room inside, more towing capacity, same gas milage as the 4.3L, and it rides like a Caddy compared to the S-10.

As for the Caprice wagon??? I'm glad you find it useful. But personally speaking, I wouldn't be caught dead driving around town in one of those things. Especially the ones with the "wood" panel sides. But hey! That's just my opinion.
[size=75]"As I said before, I never repeat myself!"[/size]
shrubs2000
Crew
Crew

Post by shrubs2000 »

Thanx. I love the extra room too. I was fortunate and actually found an Access Tonneau cover in stock at my local Ziebart. Nerf bars are on the way as my wife has "fallen" out of the truck 2x :)

Price out the door was just over $21K.

I'll post some pics in a few days.
Steve2003
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Steve2003 »

shrubs2000 wrote: Nerf bars are on the way as my wife has "fallen" out of the truck 2x :)
:lol: :lol: :lol: I guess you better not lift it! Congrats on your new ride :D
[size=75][color=blue]2003 S-10 crew cab[/color][/size]
[size=75][color=red]6in superlift[/color][/size]
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

shrubs2000 wrote:Thanx. I love the extra room too. I was fortunate and actually found an Access Tonneau cover in stock at my local Ziebart. Nerf bars are on the way as my wife has "fallen" out of the truck 2x :)

Price out the door was just over $21K.

I'll post some pics in a few days.
You could swipe some auto-extending steps from a Navigator and mod them onto your ride :)

EDIT: 900th post :) Only 100 more till Red :D
--Walt
2001 S-10 CrewCab - Retired...
Steve2003
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Steve2003 »

wamason wrote: Only 100 more till Red :D
You are already red! Do you mean 100 more post until you get the BIG " K "
[size=75][color=blue]2003 S-10 crew cab[/color][/size]
[size=75][color=red]6in superlift[/color][/size]
Pauleo
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Pauleo »

I am leasing mine so I can't get too crazy with mods. I did get a new grill insert, the ever popular window visors and a cheap tonneau cover from ebay. 8)

I would like to have a little rumble in the exhaust. I won't go all out for duals but I thought about a V-Force muffler for $80. I had one on my S-10 and liked it. But does anyone know if this is "legal" with a lease???
Last edited by Pauleo on Tue May 09, 2006 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blaze One
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Blaze One »

your best bet and "safest" would be to check with your dealer . you have to follow that lease agreement or else you may get "in trouble"
[size=75]1995 Chevy Blazer 2dr 4x4 Limited Edition [/size]
Pauleo
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Pauleo »

Blaze One wrote:your best bet and "safest" would be to check with your dealer . you have to follow that lease agreement or else you may get "in trouble"
I know. I have to check with the dealer. I just wondered if anyone here came across something like this in a previous life or something! :lol:
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

As long as you keep the stock exhaust to put back on when you turn the truck in you're OK. Technically, you can do whatever you want to it, as long as it's back to stock at turn in.
[size=75]Mark
[b][i][color=red]2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Quad Cab[/color][/i][/b]
[b][color=blue]"There are no stupid questions, just stupid people."[/color][/b][/size]
doughboy5499
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by doughboy5499 »

My Dad had a Tahoe and had a Light bar put on top. To do so they had to drill a hole out of the roof to run the wires. When he went to trade it in he had it taken off and they put a "plug" in it. No questions asked. Hate to be the next guy to buy it though. You are all excited you got a new rig and you realize there is a plug in the roof. SOL!
[size=75]SOLD 2001 Red Sonoma CC Billet grille, nerf bars, Tek-Style tonneau, Silverstars, air box mod, K&N, Pioneer DEH P7700MP, Ventvisors, weather-tech floor mats, Rancho RS5000, 15% window tint
FOR SALE 2001 black Ford F-150 xlt 6" Fabtech susp. lift. 3" Body lift. MT wheels, Durango 315/75/16 tires, Pioneer DEH7700MP, Ventvisors, tint, hood scoop(bolt on), tool box, westin brush guard[/size]
Pauleo
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Pauleo »

I guess it wouldn't be too aweful bad if I kept the stock muffler and had it put back on when the lease is up. I can't imagine that it would cost more than $20 or $30 bucks to have them switched out.

Ahh! I had just better call the dealer to see what they say.

BTW! Where did shrugs go??? He was supposed to post those pics! See what going full size does to a guy?! :lol: