Sold my crew

Everything else! new member introductions, pics, announcements, news..

Moderator: F9K9

TheBigFitz
Crew
Crew

Sold my crew

Post by TheBigFitz »

Well, I hit the local Chevy dealership a couple weeks ago to look at a Silverado SS before committing to getting a Sierra with the Special Edition package, with my Dad’s employee discount and the current rebates I ended up leaving with this.

So it choked me up a bit, but I sold my crew on Friday. Had the truck for over 5 years, by far the best ride I had to date, but it couldn’t haul my ATV and my work “encourages” us to have trucks newer than 5 years old since I get paid monthly truck rent. I told the guy I sold it to about this site, so maybe he will join at some point. Time to start with the SS mods!!!
[size=75]SOLD - 2" BL, BFGR 31x10.50 on American Racing Outlaw II Rims (15x7, 6" BS), 1.25" rear wheel spacers, 1" Torsion Bar Adjustment, Rear add-a-leaf, Westin nerf bars & tail light guards, Genuine Steel grill guard, Tinted Windows, K&N Filter - SOLD

New Ride: 2006 Chevy Silverado SS[/size]
barch97
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by barch97 »

I guess that allowance helps even out any difference in fuel efficiency. Good luck with the new truck :mrgreen:
[size=67][i]"Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs."[/i][/size]
CrazyChaz
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by CrazyChaz »

Sweet Truck :D is it AWD or 2wd?
[size=75]2003 S-10 Crewcab Dark Metallic Green*Hidden Hitch Class 3 Trailer Hitch*Monro SensaTracs*Airaid Intake*Poweraid TBS*Custom Dual Exhaust*Tranny Cooler*Buffalo Stainless Step Bars*Hunter Grill Brush Guard*Delta Diamond Plate Tool Box*Bed Rhino Lined*APC Clear Corners*Hi Beam Mod*LT235/75/15 BFG All Terrains*Full Skid Plates with Transfer Case Done by SkidZ.[/size]
BobbleSmitty
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BobbleSmitty »

I'm pretty sure all Silverado SS's are AWD!! That is definately a sick truck!! I got to drive one of those on an enclosed track!! It is sweet :)
[size=75]2004 S-10 Crew Cab ZR5 -*SOLD*-2" PA Body Lift - Air Shocks - 30x9.5" Cooper Discoverer S/T tires - 1.25" Rear Spacers - Clear Bumper Lights - Westin Safari - Light Bar w/ 100watt 6" Lights - Custom Stainless Steel V-force Dual Exhaust w/ 3" Black Chrome Slash Cut Tips - CB radio w/ 100watt PA speaker - Alpine MP3/CD Player - 10" JL Sub w/ 300watt amp - Low Profile - 'TonneauMasters' Tonneau Cover - In-channel Vent Visors - Airbox mod - Custom Front Tow Hooks - Debadged [/size]
TheBigFitz
Crew
Crew

Post by TheBigFitz »

CrazyChaz wrote:Sweet Truck :D is it AWD or 2wd?
They did away with the AWD, from what I understand, to many problems with the front drive train. It is a 2WD truck sitting on a 4x4 chassis and lowered 1" in front and 2" in back from a regular 4x4. The truck hauls though, much nicer ride than the crew had.
[size=75]SOLD - 2" BL, BFGR 31x10.50 on American Racing Outlaw II Rims (15x7, 6" BS), 1.25" rear wheel spacers, 1" Torsion Bar Adjustment, Rear add-a-leaf, Westin nerf bars & tail light guards, Genuine Steel grill guard, Tinted Windows, K&N Filter - SOLD

New Ride: 2006 Chevy Silverado SS[/size]
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

TheBigFitz wrote:
CrazyChaz wrote:Sweet Truck :D is it AWD or 2wd?
They did away with the AWD, from what I understand, to many problems with the front drive train. It is a 2WD truck sitting on a 4x4 chassis and lowered 1" in front and 2" in back from a regular 4x4. The truck hauls though, much nicer ride than the crew had.
It's nice to see GM finally offering a 2WD version of the Silverado SS. :thumb: I believe they still offer the AWD, however I think most people will now buy the 2WD version since it is almost 500 pounds lighter and all that power can now go to 2 wheels for some real fun. :D Any idea what the stock 1/4 mile times are for the 2WD SS? Are there any Ford Lightnings in your area? 8)

Steve
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

if im not mistaken the SS runs 14.2s in the 1/4 stock my brother in law has 1 thats AWD
[size=75]2004 S-10 CREW CAB {TRADED IN}
........ 2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeff024/]PICS OF THE CREW CAB[/url][/size]
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

jeff024 wrote:if im not mistaken the SS runs 14.2s in the 1/4 stock my brother in law has 1 thats AWD
The 2WD version should be able to put down a high 13 with some good drag radials if the AWD can do low 14's. :D The AWD launches nice because of all the traction, but the drivetrain loss and extra weight make it slower through the traps. A supercharged version of the 2WD SS would be nice. 8)

Steve
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

I can run the 1/4 in the same times if I run 2wd or 4wd
........ 2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeff024/]PICS OF THE CREW CAB[/url][/size]
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

jeff024 wrote:I can run the 1/4 in the same times if I run 2wd or 4wd
With your Crew Cab? :shock: Whether your in 2WD or 4WD your CC is the same weight. Do you have tire spin in 2WD and not in 4WD? I can easily spin the rear tires in 2WD, but I have never attempted a 4WD launch due to concerns of the front diff exploding if there were a variance in traction from front to rear. A 2WD S10 with the same engine and trans with a little added weight to compensate for our extra 2 door cab will be faster than our 4WD trucks. This is why I mentioned that a 2WD Silverado SS is faster than an AWD SS. The new Trailblazer SS is no different. It is offered in 2WD and AWD and the 2WD is 4-5 tenths faster than the AWD because of the weight and power loss disadvantage even though it has the traction advantage. :wink:

Steve
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

yeah I spin in 2wd thats why I launch in 4wd and turn off the front after about 60 ft. or so
chumley
Crew
Crew

Post by chumley »

You mean you're launching in 4wd then disengaging to 2wd at WOT? That can't be good for the t-case, can it?
[size=75]98 4dr Blazer 5"TM 2"bl 33"BFG AT Flowmaster w/ duals http://community.webshots.com/user/chumleyd8
-Stupidity should be painful-[/size]
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

chumley wrote:You mean you're launching in 4wd then disengaging to 2wd at WOT? That can't be good for the t-case, can it?
yes I am i have done it over 20 times or so just did it today