KCustom's truck in blue, red, green, yellow, pink, orange...

Everything else! new member introductions, pics, announcements, news..

Moderator: F9K9

Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

KCustom's truck in blue, red, green, yellow, pink, orange...

Post by Walt »

I think someone has posted about this before, but I'm not sure. While browsing an offroad magazine site that Steve recently linked to, I came across this article: http://offroadworld.tenmagazines.com/te ... 181&sid=10

Same wheels, flares, roof rack, prerunner bar, etc... weird.
Last edited by Walt on Thu Dec 22, 2005 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
--Walt
2001 S-10 CrewCab - Retired...
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

might be the exact same pic just photoshopped
[size=75]2004 S-10 CREW CAB {TRADED IN}
........ 2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeff024/]PICS OF THE CREW CAB[/url][/size]
top_sgt
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by top_sgt »

it is the same photo......look at the reflections on the drivers side!!!!
2004 S10 CC ZR5 4x4 >> traded for a 2006 F150 supercrew!!
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

After comparing the two in Photoshop, I think you're right. Someone went through alot of trouble to isolate the body panels and then apply a color mask. But if you'll look carefuylly at the front windshield, you'll see the same thing through the glass :) Even the reflections on the wheels are the same.
--Walt
Steve2003
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Steve2003 »

Nice article, not only is it the same truck its the exact same picture jeff024 posted, and yes its photoshopped, IMHO. I think it looks better the original color.

Steve
[size=75][color=blue]2003 S-10 crew cab[/color][/size]
[size=75][color=red]6in superlift[/color][/size]
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

Steve2003 wrote:I think it looks better the original color.

Steve
Same here. Although I do like that shade of blue....just not on that truck :)
--Walt
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

it does look better pewter and maybe it still is just photoshopped ,wonder if they got the pic from this site :) or K gave it to them
Last edited by jeff024 on Tue Dec 06, 2005 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
........ 2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeff024/]PICS OF THE CREW CAB[/url][/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

If you look at the photo's properties you'll see that they work with several trucking magazines. They properly got the original from SuperLift or at the SEMA show.
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
border man
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by border man »

That picture has been photoshopped to death in many colors. Just check out the original Superlift advertising pic.

and the original

Notice that it is the same truck just by looking at the very exact same placing of the inspection decals on the windshield as well the same wheels, and other stuff already mentioned.
Last edited by border man on Tue Dec 20, 2005 8:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
[size=75]I didn't do it, it was already like that when I got it.[/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Gawd, I hate Yellow ! :cry:
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

It still looks better pewter
top_sgt
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by top_sgt »

reed.....it's not the right shade of yellow....tooo bright!!! :lol:
2004 S10 CC ZR5 4x4 >> traded for a 2006 F150 supercrew!!
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

top_sgt wrote:reed.....it's not the right shade of yellow....tooo bright!!! :lol:
Is there a non Bright yellow? :lol:
barch97
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by barch97 »

If he's so physically disabled that he needs a handicapped parking space, how does he get into that truck?
[size=67][i]"Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs."[/i][/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

barch97 wrote:If he's so physically disabled that he needs a handicapped parking space, how does he get into that truck?

I was gonna mention that but did not think it would be be politically correct :wink:
04crewvt
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by 04crewvt »

The handicap must be from brain damage thinking about how much money he spent getting the truck to look like that.Image
[size=75]Why does the universe decree that if you have all the time in the world to work on projects you have no money and vice versa?
Green 2004 ZR-5 w/ too much to list here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2296465[/size]
SONOMA915
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by SONOMA915 »

04crewvt wrote:The handicap must be from brain damage thinking about how much money he spent getting the truck to look like that.Image
I think he sold it. I saw it on E-bay not that long ago!!
[size=75]2004 GMC Sonoma ZR5 (Sold)
2005 Toyota Tacoma[/size]
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

SONOMA915 wrote:
I think he sold it. I saw it on E-bay not that long ago!!
You're right. And no one has heard from him since. :?
--Walt
adrenalnjunky
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by adrenalnjunky »

I live in West Monroe, LA - hometown to Superlift and Skyjacker. As far as SL goes, Yes, they do photoshop trucks in their ads to change colors and wheels and such. When they released their F.I.T 6" system for the Silverado/Sierras, they used a Pewter truck that belongs to a guy I know that happens to work as a designer for SL. He pointed out to me that his truck is in some ads stock, and in other ads in Red, and even with different wheels photochopped onto it.

Although - at least they get credit and volunteered to have their trucks used in ads - Didn't Truckin' Suspension steal images of WarnOffroad's truck from the web and use them in their magazine ads without his permission?
[size=75]Thanks, CHRIS
2000 S10 Blazer 4x4 4Dr. -- 2" PA BodyLift, Daystar Shackles, TB Crank, 1.75" Rear wheel spacers, Yakima roofrack, 30" BFG AT's.
1969 VW Bug -- airbagged and in pieces.
1962 VW Karmann ghia -- rusting over in the corner. "That's not a tool--that's a damn brick!"[/size]
border man
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by border man »

And yet one more.....

:bump:
[size=75]I didn't do it, it was already like that when I got it.[/size]
RocK
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by RocK »

diff wheels and no flairs.. no window stickers.
[size=75]2002 GMC Sonoma ZR-5

"Watch This"

Roof Rack Lights, Air box mod, 31x10.50 BFG Mud Terrains, 2 inch rear spacers, Skidz Fender flares, 2 inch body lift.[/size]