Ill. deer hunt tommorw

Everything else! new member introductions, pics, announcements, news..

Moderator: F9K9

snocat1
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Ill. deer hunt tommorw

Post by snocat1 »

The boys in Ill bet hit the ground early to get the big buck. I have not seen to many in the mornings going to work. One of the guys that I work with they were driving through the Preserves and seen seven big bucks.
[size=75]2001 crew cab with a quick hatch tonneau cover
235/75/15 bridgestone dueler at revos[/size]
Rusty Shackleford
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Rusty Shackleford »

There are a couple of big ones that have been spotted out in the bean fields where I am hunting. I too havent noticed much movement in the morning, probably because the weather was so warm until now. What shotgun/set up do you use? I use a Remington 870 Express Magnum synthetic with the 20 or 21 inch rifled cantilever barrel and a 1.5-4 into 4 power shotgun scope...I am shooting Remington Buckhammer slugs this year.
BobbleSmitty
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BobbleSmitty »

Every year since my city started commercializing a large area of woods and wildlife we get 15 to 20 deer coming through my yard every night. The other night I was out in the garage and a large buck came strolling through a little early and kicked our sensor lights on. I had my wrist rocket right there :) I pegged him in his rear and he took off running! We're tired of our bushes and things being eaten all of the time by the deer! I wish our city would do something about it.
[size=75]2004 S-10 Crew Cab ZR5 -*SOLD*-2" PA Body Lift - Air Shocks - 30x9.5" Cooper Discoverer S/T tires - 1.25" Rear Spacers - Clear Bumper Lights - Westin Safari - Light Bar w/ 100watt 6" Lights - Custom Stainless Steel V-force Dual Exhaust w/ 3" Black Chrome Slash Cut Tips - CB radio w/ 100watt PA speaker - Alpine MP3/CD Player - 10" JL Sub w/ 300watt amp - Low Profile - 'TonneauMasters' Tonneau Cover - In-channel Vent Visors - Airbox mod - Custom Front Tow Hooks - Debadged [/size]
snocat1
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by snocat1 »

Rusty It's pretty sad that I work for the forest preserve and I don't hunt. Some of the guys I work with they were out praticing for sharp shooting for CWD in Jan. and I shot a 7mm rifle :? dont know much about guns :oops: .
BobbleSmitty put up some woven fence around your bushes and you should be fine.
[size=75]2001 crew cab with a quick hatch tonneau cover
235/75/15 bridgestone dueler at revos[/size]
Rusty Shackleford
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

snocat1 wrote:Rusty It's pretty sad that I work for the forest preserve and I don't hunt. Some of the guys I work with they were out praticing for sharp shooting for CWD in Jan. and I shot a 7mm rifle :? dont know much about guns :oops: .
BobbleSmitty put up some woven fence around your bushes and you should be fine.
Sharpshooting for CWD?? I assume that means that they were practicing in order to shoot infected animals....right? Its not sad that you dont hunt, just a little ironic I guess.
chumley
Crew
Crew

Post by chumley »

Hey BobbleSmitty- if I lived a little closer to you I'd gladly help you with your problem! :D
[size=75]98 4dr Blazer 5"TM 2"bl 33"BFG AT Flowmaster w/ duals http://community.webshots.com/user/chumleyd8
-Stupidity should be painful-[/size]
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

My father-in-law has about 300 acres of infested heavily with dear, so if anyone's ever down this way and wants to hunt, just holla at me :)
--Walt
2001 S-10 CrewCab - Retired...
Rusty Shackleford
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

wamason wrote:My father-in-law has about 300 acres of infested heavily with dear, so if anyone's ever down this way and wants to hunt, just holla at me :)
Any idea how much an out of state license costs down there?
Jeff
Crew
Crew

Success

Post by Jeff »

So far this year, a nice doe with my bow, and a really nice 10 pointer with my muzzle loader. I have pic's, but don't know how to put an immage on this site. Can anyone help? Both of them were taken on heavily hunted public ground.
bwenny247
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by bwenny247 »

wow jeff that's awesome!
all i've seen is 6 doe.......been a slow season thus far in michigan. I'll get some more time in the woods this extended weekend for sure :D
[size=75]*SOLD* 5" BDS, 2" PA, 33" MT's, HPPIII , Airaid TB spacer, K&N FIPK, March pulleys, 2.5" straight pipe, Trucktec tonneau, Herculinered body line down, 3/16" custom skid plates[/size]
Rusty Shackleford
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

I saw 10 does this last weekend during part one of the illinois shotgun season. Truth be told...I cant wait to get back out there with my bow this weekend, not the biggest fan of shotgun hunting.