Seller's remorse

Everything else! new member introductions, pics, announcements, news..

Moderator: F9K9

HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Seller's remorse

Post by HenryJ »

I am sure you have heard of buyer's remorse. I think that I have Seller's remorse.
NO , I did not sell my crew cab :lol:

I sold my 1970 Suburban today. It is one of those vehicles that really did a good job over the years, but never got quite enough attention and sits around parked most of its life. I told my wife to never let me sell it and talk me out of it if I ever try too. She never listens to me :!:
I had owned it for 14 years and put 10k miles on it. Most of those were in the first three years while I was racing points every weekend. It really was a decent rig. Two wheel drive , three door, with a tailgate.
I am sad to see it go, but on a good note.....I saved a bunch of money on my car insurance ;)

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
Pauleo
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Re: Seller's remorse

Post by Pauleo »

HenryJ wrote:but on a good note.....I saved a bunch of money on my car insurance ;)
TOO funny! :roflmao:
[size=75]"As I said before, I never repeat myself!"[/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

HenryJ wrote:.......... It really was a decent rig. Two wheel drive , three door, with a tailgate.........
Tell us more about, Brule. Any photos? :D
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

f9k9 wrote:Tell us more about, Brule. Any photos? :D
Photos....that would have been a good idea :( I may have one or two in the old racing photos. All that was pre-digital camera though.

It was mostly stock. I had plans for front disc brakes, gun metal gray paint , headliner, carpet, and cloth seats as well as a 427 BB. It never got that far. The stock 350/350 ran great still. The 427 is still under the bench needing rod bearings.
I did have '70 Monte Carlo power seats in it , Vega GT steering wheel and mirrors, and nice wheels. I was in need of some cancer treatment in the rear rockers and paint.

Better to concentrate on the rest of the projects. I am satisfied that the crew cab can pull the car trailer comfortably, so there was really no need for a seventh vehicle.

"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
- ThunderII KE7CSK
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Thanks, am still trying to picture it in my mind but, I think it was basically a stretched Blazer with two doors.

[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Yes. That is it. Add white bumpers , blue'r paint , aluminum satin finish wheels and you have the picture.

:mg: You're not making me feel any better :(

- ThunderII KE7CSK
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

HenryJ wrote:Yes. That is it. Add white bumpers , blue'r paint , aluminum satin finish wheels and you have the picture...........You're not making me feel any better :(
Ah but knowing you, what little I do, you stepped in cow patties and came out smelling like a rose :D

You found a buyer that was looking for exactly what you had and was willing to pay for it.

If you are depressed about it's sale, just think about a young man, that traded a decent 1969 Z28 during the last oil crisis for a 1967 Beetle and paid boot. :cry:

Thirty two years later and I am still :bonk: 24/7

:cheers:

We can't keep them all but, weren't they great! :wink:
kf6kmx
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by kf6kmx »

f9k9 wrote:
If you are depressed about it's sale, just think about a young man, that traded a decent 1969 Z28 during the last oil crisis for a 1967 Beetle and paid boot. :cry:

Or someone, who when they were a senior in H.S. (1989) was offered a 1969 Charger R/T, with original 383 AND a 440 motor on a stand, for $500 and turned it down, I thought it might have had a little rust under the vinyl top... I STILL see that car driving around town once in a while.. in great shape,never rusted out. (and yes, the car I want very badly, is a 68 to 69 Charger R/T, might settle for a 70..) ..... AAAAHHHH!!!!! :bonk: :rant: :cry:
[size=75]-Scott-----'03 CrewCab S10 - Pewter
[url]http://www.kf6kmx.net/s10tracker.asp[/url]<-- Follow this link to find my trucks current actual location! Updated whenever the ignition is on. (tracker radio is currently intermittant) Pioneer XM, MagnaFlow, Garmin GPS,Tornado AMS , APRS Tracker, 2m/440 Ham Radio, Vista Camper Shell (from SoCalDave) , JottoDesk laptop mount, Rancho 5000's, Revo 235 75R15 on stock rims[/size]
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

hell ya i understand. i always have sellers remorse. i have remorse right now just thinking about selling my 83 ford
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
| ##Budweiser ###### | ||''|"\,__.
|_...__...________ ====| |__|__|...]
"(@)'(@)""""**|(@)(@)******(@)I[/size]
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

a2b wrote:hell ya i understand. i always have sellers remorse. i have remorse right now just thinking about selling my 83 ford
That's supposed to be CrewCab instead of 83 Ford :lol: :lol:
--Walt
2001 S-10 CrewCab - Retired...
Jim

Post by Jim »

kf6kmx wrote:
f9k9 wrote:

Or someone, who when they were a senior in H.S. (1989) was offered a 1969 Charger R/T, with original 383 AND a 440 motor on a stand, for $500 and turned it down, I thought it might have had a little rust under the vinyl top... I STILL see that car driving around town once in a while.. in great shape,never rusted out. (and yes, the car I want very badly, is a 68 to 69 Charger R/T, might settle for a 70..) ..... AAAAHHHH!!!!! :bonk: :rant: :cry:
How about a 1969 COPO Chevelle w/ 44,000 on it for $2450 in 1977 last year the guy that bought it from me sold it for $80,000 :( :(
Last edited by Jim on Sat Apr 08, 2006 4:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
Best Regards, Jim
2004 Tahoe, Summit white, loaded up. 06 front air dam, wood interior trim, Shaved Roof Rack, Escalade rear vents, LED Tails, SLP dual cat back exhaust w/ Flowmaster 70 muffler, 20 inch 07 Sierra wheels.
kf6kmx
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by kf6kmx »

Jim wrote: How about a 1969 COPO Chevelle w/ 44,000 on it for $2450 in 1977 last year the guy that bought it from me sold it for $80,000 :( :(
cough cough... ouch...
[size=75]-Scott-----'03 CrewCab S10 - Pewter
[url]http://www.kf6kmx.net/s10tracker.asp[/url]<-- Follow this link to find my trucks current actual location! Updated whenever the ignition is on. (tracker radio is currently intermittant) Pioneer XM, MagnaFlow, Garmin GPS,Tornado AMS , APRS Tracker, 2m/440 Ham Radio, Vista Camper Shell (from SoCalDave) , JottoDesk laptop mount, Rancho 5000's, Revo 235 75R15 on stock rims[/size]
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

Jim wrote:How about a 1969 COPO Chevelle w/ 44,000 on it for $2450 in 1977 last year the guy that bought it from me sold it for $80,000 :( :(
To quote Homer Simpson...

DOH!!!! :twisted:
[size=75]Mark
[b][i][color=red]2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Quad Cab[/color][/i][/b]
[b][color=blue]"There are no stupid questions, just stupid people."[/color][/b][/size]
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

wamason wrote:
a2b wrote:hell ya i understand. i always have sellers remorse. i have remorse right now just thinking about selling my 83 ford
That's supposed to be CrewCab instead of 83 Ford :lol: :lol:
oh ya :lol:
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
| ##Budweiser ###### | ||''|"\,__.
|_...__...________ ====| |__|__|...]
"(@)'(@)""""**|(@)(@)******(@)I[/size]
Jim

Post by Jim »

More depressed :(

I bought a 1969 COPO Chevelle w/ 44,000 mi. on it for $2450 in 1977, 2 years ago the guy that bought it from me sold it for $80,000 :( :(

In Scottsdale 2006 it did $164,160.00 after a body off resto.

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/auctionr ... ?id=182305

Last edited by Jim on Sat Apr 08, 2006 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Best Regards, Jim
2004 Tahoe, Summit white, loaded up. 06 front air dam, wood interior trim, Shaved Roof Rack, Escalade rear vents, LED Tails, SLP dual cat back exhaust w/ Flowmaster 70 muffler, 20 inch 07 Sierra wheels.
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

:shock:
[size=75][url=http://outsideventure.com/s10crew/]01 S10 Crewcab - SAS'd[/url][/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Jim,

Did you ever have a pet duck in your past? I feel for you Brother!!!!