New Impala SS

Everything else! new member introductions, pics, announcements, news..

Moderator: F9K9

bwenny247
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

New Impala SS

Post by bwenny247 »

Have you guys seen the new commercials for the Impala SS.
The facts that stood out to me:
303 HP, 323 FT-Lbs of Torque, 5.3L
displacement on demand (DOD)
18" wheels
dual exhaust w/chrom tips
28 MILES PER GALLON EST. ON HIGHWAY with the DOD

Here's the site
http://www.chevrolet.com/impala/
[size=75]*SOLD* 5" BDS, 2" PA, 33" MT's, HPPIII , Airaid TB spacer, K&N FIPK, March pulleys, 2.5" straight pipe, Trucktec tonneau, Herculinered body line down, 3/16" custom skid plates[/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

I just saw a commercial. Pretty impressive for a SB V8 :wink:
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
Jim

Re: New Impala SS

Post by Jim »

bwenny247 wrote:Have you guys seen the new commercials for the Impala SS.
The facts that stood out to me:
303 HP, 323 FT-Lbs of Torque, 5.3L
displacement on demand (DOD)
18" wheels
dual exhaust w/chrom tips
28 MILES PER GALLON EST. ON HIGHWAY with the DOD

Here's the site
http://www.chevrolet.com/impala/
It's cool....about time for an SS with a V8
What's GM going to do about the new Mustang competition...the GTO doesn't cut it. :roll:
Best Regards, Jim
2004 Tahoe, Summit white, loaded up. 06 front air dam, wood interior trim, Shaved Roof Rack, Escalade rear vents, LED Tails, SLP dual cat back exhaust w/ Flowmaster 70 muffler, 20 inch 07 Sierra wheels.
RocK
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by RocK »

The GTO is like a higher HP malibu. And no it doesnt cut it. I think it is very dull and many people at GM need a good thumpin with a 2x4 board that has a few quarters taped to it.

That outa knock some sense into em...
[size=75]2002 GMC Sonoma ZR-5

"Watch This"

Roof Rack Lights, Air box mod, 31x10.50 BFG Mud Terrains, 2 inch rear spacers, Skidz Fender flares, 2 inch body lift.[/size]
malkavian
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by malkavian »

Its still fwd and that just sucks. I think it looks like a little to much like other 4 door sedans. Just like the GTo looks like a stinking grand prix.

Just dont hold your breath GM has been stricking out with me. If they do build another camaro look at it to be priced in the 40 g range. That wouldnt suprise me at all. I wrote gm about there lack of sport cars for the middle class male and they wrote back sugesting the cobalt or the gto. As far as new cars go Im done with gm. I hate to say it. I was always a chevy man.

They first proposed the ssr would be a replacment for the camaro but the price on the ssr is in the 40's . I had a 87 camaro that I put a 383 with mini ram intake from tpi specialties and a ton of other stuff she ran in the 11's on the 1/4. It got totaled so I thought I would by a new camaro but I couldnt touch the last model year of camaro for anything under 35 new. All the dealers said they were collector items then. But I can still go buy a new mustang gt for the same price as the gt's just before this retro one. Dont expect gm to do anything like that.

Done with GM for good here.
[size=75]2006 Silvarado with 5.3 tow haul package, and 1993 jeep grand cherokee starting the build on it this summer.[/size]
BobbleSmitty
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BobbleSmitty »

I've driven the GTO a few times on the road and a bunch of times around the track at the GM test drive day. It may look dull and nothing like the old school GTOs but it sure does perform very well, amazing actually. It has a 6.0L stuffed into such a small coupe, the rear end gets loose sometimes! :) That car is a blast! With the hood scoops and true dual exhaust they added this year, it looks alot better. I would definately buy one right now, but it isn't ideal for me. I wouldn't be able to drive it around here in the Cleveland winters.
[size=75]2004 S-10 Crew Cab ZR5 -*SOLD*-2" PA Body Lift - Air Shocks - 30x9.5" Cooper Discoverer S/T tires - 1.25" Rear Spacers - Clear Bumper Lights - Westin Safari - Light Bar w/ 100watt 6" Lights - Custom Stainless Steel V-force Dual Exhaust w/ 3" Black Chrome Slash Cut Tips - CB radio w/ 100watt PA speaker - Alpine MP3/CD Player - 10" JL Sub w/ 300watt amp - Low Profile - 'TonneauMasters' Tonneau Cover - In-channel Vent Visors - Airbox mod - Custom Front Tow Hooks - Debadged [/size]
Blaze One
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Blaze One »

Chevy has taken a risk and dumped the camaro in hope that the corvette sales would go up . Granted the vette is a outstanding car (super car comparable ) , and the best bang for your buck you can get . IF you have that many bucks ! . I agree that the next sport coupe ( V8 ) needs to be competative with the mustang . And please chevy , FORGET the colbalt ! and the GTO had potential because of the engine , but they f'ed that up when they did not design a completly new body for it . It has the body from a Australian model family sedan . I think it will be awhile before we see anything new under 40g's and 300hp from chevy . Just wait for the Mustang with IRS option ( cobra or not ) and even the vettes numbers will suffer .
[size=75]1995 Chevy Blazer 2dr 4x4 Limited Edition [/size]
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

What about the Trailblazer SS?

Corvette-based 6.0 Liter LS2 small block V8 with 395 hp & 400 ft. lbs. of torque
Cold Air Induction Package
20-inch polished-aluminum wheels
Heavy-duty front disc brakes with Corvette-spec front brake pads and ABS
Available full-time all-wheel drive with a TORSEN® center differential, or standard 2 wheel drive
Heavy-duty 9.5-in. ring-and-pinion with limited slip differential and 4.10 ratio gears
SS-specific ZQ8 suspension with Bilstein shock absorbers, lowered ride height, larger front stabilizer bars, and rear air-leveling system

1/4 mile in 13.9 seconds
0-60 in 5.4 seconds
0.80 G's on the skidpad
15 mpg city and 19 mpg highway

Base SS price $33,600, and fully loaded $39,200

Not bad at all. :D I know I would like to have an SUV with these numbers. 8)

Steve
Blaze One
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Blaze One »

That is one nice suv . But imagine what kinda car they could have built with those specs . I feel they are not because they don't want competition for the vette .
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

F-Bodies have always been a thorn in the sides of Vette owners. Look at the HP ratings of the LS1 F-Bodies compared to the early C-5 Vettes...same basic engine, yet rated at only 305 HP (compared to 345 HP for the Vette). My 99 Z28 dynoed at 305 at the wheels with only high flow intake and exhaust cutout (muffler bypass). There's no way those two mods gained me 40 HP. Vette owners just couldn't stand that those cheap cars were performing nearly as well as their high dollar sports cars.
[size=75]Mark
[b][i][color=red]2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Quad Cab[/color][/i][/b]
[b][color=blue]"There are no stupid questions, just stupid people."[/color][/b][/size]
Blaze One
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Blaze One »

yep , and gm could not deal with the fact that a potential vette buyer could just go out and buy a LS1 camaro and save themselves $$$$$ . But that savings turned into a loss of profit for GM . hence , camaro , firebird etc . are gone . The only thing that kept the vette ahead was the fact that it was lighter and had a IRS .
The vette is still a great bargan when you compare the price of one , with the performance it has , to the equivalant . such as porsche etc .
Jim

Post by Jim »

Blaze One wrote:yep , and gm could not deal with the fact that a potential vette buyer could just go out and buy a LS1 camaro and save themselves $$$$$ . But that savings turned into a loss of profit for GM . hence , camaro , firebird etc . are gone . The only thing that kept the vette ahead was the fact that it was lighter and had a IRS .
The vette is still a great bargan when you compare the price of one , with the performance it has , to the equivalant . such as porsche etc .
:thumb:
:thumb:
Best Regards, Jim
2004 Tahoe, Summit white, loaded up. 06 front air dam, wood interior trim, Shaved Roof Rack, Escalade rear vents, LED Tails, SLP dual cat back exhaust w/ Flowmaster 70 muffler, 20 inch 07 Sierra wheels.
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

:thumb: It doesn't get any nicer than that!

505 hp 8)
198 mph 8)
1/4 mile in 11.7 sec. @ 125 mph :D

Steve
snocat1
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by snocat1 »

I liked the old GMC TYPHOON AND THE CYCLONE back in the ninty's 8) :lol:
[size=75]2001 crew cab with a quick hatch tonneau cover
235/75/15 bridgestone dueler at revos[/size]
Blaze One
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Blaze One »

damn that vette is nice , with a price under 100g's you cant go wrong , a comparable exotic , german would be 150k and up .

I would still buy a C5 vette over a some of the more expensive exotics .
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

A regular C5 rides like a Cadillac too...nice soft comfortble ride, but solid where it needs to be. You can find late 90's ones for low to mid $20K or less too.
[size=75]Mark
[b][i][color=red]2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Quad Cab[/color][/i][/b]
[b][color=blue]"There are no stupid questions, just stupid people."[/color][/b][/size]
Blaze One
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Blaze One »

The C5 vette is known as one of the best covettes made , Maybe not most powerfull but like you said it provides a comfortable cruise but great track qualities aswell .
This has turned into a vette discussion rather than Impalla ss thread it started as .
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

C6
[size=75]2004 S-10 CREW CAB {TRADED IN}
........ 2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeff024/]PICS OF THE CREW CAB[/url][/size]