Hood Ornament

Everything else! new member introductions, pics, announcements, news..

Moderator: F9K9

BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Hood Ornament

Post by BADs Crew »

When I left for work this morning I had a new hood ornament.

I drove to work figuring it would fall off soon after I hit the road. I drove 30 min. at speeds up to 65 mph. When I got to work it was still there. I left work and drove back home and guess whos still there.

I guess it likes being seen on a cool ride. Maybe its because my truck is green or because it sees its reflection and is trying to get to the other side. Its got one crazy grip to hold on to that waxed hood.
[size=75]2001 S-10 Crew , A.R.E Cap, Limo tint windows, Halogen Back up lights. Bilstein Shocks, 1.5 Rear Spacers, Summit Rear Diff Cover Clear Bumper Lights, Carbon Altezza Tail Lights, Billet Grill. SS Step Bars. GM full front bra. ,,, GM Quote concerning the gurgling heater core " They all sound like that"[/size]
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

its body looks like 1 of those whirrly birds that fall off the trees
[size=75]2004 S-10 CREW CAB {TRADED IN}
........ 2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeff024/]PICS OF THE CREW CAB[/url][/size]
BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BADs Crew »

Its still there. If its still there in the morning i'am going to name it and claim it as a dependent on my taxes.
[size=75]2001 S-10 Crew , A.R.E Cap, Limo tint windows, Halogen Back up lights. Bilstein Shocks, 1.5 Rear Spacers, Summit Rear Diff Cover Clear Bumper Lights, Carbon Altezza Tail Lights, Billet Grill. SS Step Bars. GM full front bra. ,,, GM Quote concerning the gurgling heater core " They all sound like that"[/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Doesn't say much for your choice of waxes :lol:
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BADs Crew »

I've never found anything better than Zaino Bros,

http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Steady there, I was j/k w/ya :D
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BADs Crew »

:thumb: I know ..I know Just plugging my wax :P
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

BADs Crew wrote::thumb: I know ..I know Just plugging my wax :P
That wax is way to much work for me. I am sure it is all it says but, turtlewax ultra is the best I've used recently.

Does anyone remember the 3 step blue coral that took all day?
top_sgt
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by top_sgt »

yes reed.....some of us remember the "good ol' days!!!" lol
2004 S10 CC ZR5 4x4 >> traded for a 2006 F150 supercrew!!
BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BADs Crew »

TRY IT ...... You'll LIKE IT. Its a few $$$$ but it does a sweat job with little effort. No more burnt in swirls from the sun. My dark paint gets hot in the shade so with any other wax I can only do a small area at a time. With Zaino I can do the whole truck drink a few beers and watch a few laps of Nascar then buff if off with no streaks. I remember the old waxes, I did my girl friends 67 Caddy years ago with that stuff, It was one of them jobs that after you got started you thought WTF did I do this for, But that night was all so sweet. :D :D
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

BADs Crew wrote:I've never found anything better than Zaino Bros,

I agree...Zaino Rules! :mrgreen:
[size=75]Mark
[b][i][color=red]2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Quad Cab[/color][/i][/b]
[b][color=blue]"There are no stupid questions, just stupid people."[/color][/b][/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

AZS10Crew wrote:

I believe you guys :roflmao:

There is just not anymore days like that in this old boy. :lol:

I'd rather sort my sock drawer than to spend that sort of time on a pretty glow on my truck. I respect your opinions and believe that it is the best wax :D

Now, spending 6 hours on mounting a good scope (I do not hunt) on a precision rifle and zeroing it in.......................................I could do that for a week :D
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

f9k9 wrote:
AZS10Crew wrote:

I believe you guys :roflmao:

There is just not anymore days like that in this old boy. :lol:

I'd rather sort my sock drawer than to spend that sort of time on a pretty glow on my truck. I respect your opinions and believe that it is the best wax :D

Now, spending 6 hours on mounting a good scope (I do not hunt) on a precision rifle and zeroing it in.......................................I could do that for a week :D
I'm kind of in the same boat as you. I like Zaino and all...just don't have the time to spend detailing the truck. Gone are the days when I would spend all day cleaning the outside of the vehicle with vinegar to get the water spots off, then washing, then cleaning with a clay bar, then washing again, etc., etc., etc. Besides...it's pewter metallic...which means it doesn't show dirt as bad, right? :D
[size=75]Mark
[b][i][color=red]2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Quad Cab[/color][/i][/b]
[b][color=blue]"There are no stupid questions, just stupid people."[/color][/b][/size]