I Feel Small

Everything else! new member introductions, pics, announcements, news..

Moderator: F9K9

gocntry
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

I Feel Small

Post by gocntry »

Here Is A Pic Of A Jeep That Parked Next To Me Saturday, The License Plate Said "375HPV8", I Think It Had A 9" Ford Rear End In It And It Was Sitting On 37" Tires... My Crew Looks Like A Lowrider Sitting Next To It, :shock:

The Crew Is Gone, Now I Have A Hoe
Rusty

Post by Rusty »

Yeah, I have the same problem. I'll be sitting in traffic and and look over next to me and I swear it looks like I'm sitting at the same height as the Camry (or whatever) in the next lane. I look in front and it seems like my hood is no higher than the Honda Accord's trunklid in front of me. It's frustrating but I can no longer afford things like $1800 for a lift kit just for the looks and I don't off road enough to justify it for the ground clearance. Maybe when my tires wear out I might get that 2" body lift and 31's so at least my truck looks like a 4x4.
jeggers
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by jeggers »

rusty wrote: It's frustrating but I can no longer afford things like $1800 for a lift kit just for the looks

Who can????
The only reason my truck got its lift is 0% financing. :D
2001 cc 2" pa body lift traded
2004 cc zr5 2" pa body lift 6" super lift 2" rear shackle and tb crank traded for a v-max Silverado
2006 V-max cc
2001 ex cab 4x4 ls work truck rufff country 2" lift sold
2012 silverado WT 2wd
Rusty

Post by Rusty »

jeggers wrote:
rusty wrote: It's frustrating but I can no longer afford things like $1800 for a lift kit just for the looks

Who can????
The only reason my truck got its lift is 0% financing. :D

What really bugs me is not too long ago (as some may recall) I had an '87 S-10 Blazer that I was going to SFA with Dana 44 & Ford 9" axles w/ ARB lockers front and rear, V8 and just about everything else imaginable. I had $18,000 budgeted for it, and I had the money at the time. Then a whole series of events happened and next thing I knew, everything was gone and the Blazer was being hauled off to the scrap yard. Now I can hardly afford to do basic maintenance on crew. Mods? Not for quite a while. I have another Blazer but it's going to be put back together mostly stock (if I ever get it back together). Maybe in a couple of years I might be able to start working on things again. Well. at least I can hope anyway!
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

I know the feeling Gary, ugh. We had a bad string of events ourselves. We had to re-think our future plans. Life is never smooth. OH well.
[size=75][url=http://outsideventure.com/s10crew/]01 S10 Crewcab - SAS'd[/url][/size]
gocntry
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by gocntry »

Man...I Still Feel Small :lol:

Here Is A Picture Of My Buddies New Tacoma Next To The Crew, And This Is A 2 Wheel Drive Prerunner Crewcab. Man I Need To "Go Big" :wink:

The Crew Is Gone, Now I Have A Hoe
adrenalnjunky
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by adrenalnjunky »

Man you like cruising the Lowe's parking lot dontcha :-)
[size=75]Thanks, CHRIS
2000 S10 Blazer 4x4 4Dr. -- 2" PA BodyLift, Daystar Shackles, TB Crank, 1.75" Rear wheel spacers, Yakima roofrack, 30" BFG AT's.
1969 VW Bug -- airbagged and in pieces.
1962 VW Karmann ghia -- rusting over in the corner. "That's not a tool--that's a damn brick!"[/size]
malkavian
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by malkavian »

yeah my gf has a toyota prerunner and she likes to point out her truck is taller than mine all the time. That will change soon enough though.
[size=75]2006 Silvarado with 5.3 tow haul package, and 1993 jeep grand cherokee starting the build on it this summer.[/size]
coffeedrnkr
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by coffeedrnkr »

Don't feel bad, I even still have a few moments where I feel small.

I still feel kinda small when a big 'ol excursion pulls up next to me and is just as tall as me and he is stock :cry:
[size=75][url=http://s80.photobucket.com/albums/j162/coffeedrnkr15/]The Crazyblaze[/url]
d44/d60 5.13's, atlas 3.8
[/size]
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

I think it's a big plus. Our trucks are clean underneath, no crap hang'n to get snagged. The seats are low to the floor so the roof can be lower. We can have the lowest height for the most clearance. So our center of gravity is lower and with a good lift, I can still fit in my lower than average garage! :D I mean, look underneath that Jeep and you'll see the guts just hang'n. Got a buddy with a Rubicon that has a 4" long arm lift with 33's, it looks much higher, but when you measure the hang'n guts clearance and mine, we have the same clearance. He couldn't believe it. Gotta love that! :evil:
[size=75][url=http://outsideventure.com/s10crew/]01 S10 Crewcab - SAS'd[/url][/size]
Maximous
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Maximous »

Who can????
The only reason my truck got its lift is 0% financing
where did you get finacing thru, have any of you guys with the lift run into any problems, strange noises, strains, things of the such
[size=75]Driver carries no money, he's a Government employee[/size]
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

Yea, I heard the noise "KACHING". :?
coffeedrnkr
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by coffeedrnkr »

quickbiker wrote:I think it's a big plus. Our trucks are clean underneath, no crap hang'n to get snagged. The seats are low to the floor so the roof can be lower. We can have the lowest height for the most clearance. So our center of gravity is lower and with a good lift, I can still fit in my lower than average garage! :D I mean, look underneath that Jeep and you'll see the guts just hang'n. Got a buddy with a Rubicon that has a 4" long arm lift with 33's, it looks much higher, but when you measure the hang'n guts clearance and mine, we have the same clearance. He couldn't believe it. Gotta love that! :evil:
VERY true, my buddy has a fullsize chevy that is lifted 6" susp. and 3" body with 35's and he always brags about having a taller truck but when you measure belly height I have way more than he does even on just 33's. That is one thing I noticed a lot on rangers too, they have a lot of stuff that hangs down past the framerail.
[size=75][url=http://s80.photobucket.com/albums/j162/coffeedrnkr15/]The Crazyblaze[/url]
d44/d60 5.13's, atlas 3.8
[/size]