Why did you buy your CC??

Everything else! new member introductions, pics, announcements, news..

Moderator: F9K9

Steve2003
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Why did you buy your CC??

Post by Steve2003 »

Just curious about the reason why eveyone on here purchased their CC?

Here's my reason: I had a '87 S-10 extended cab 4x4, it was the best vehicle I ever had. It was getting old, having to do a lot of work on it, dash cracking, seats tearing etc. I thought it was time for a new vehicle, but I loved that truck so much I wanted another one just like it except brand new. I went to the local dealer and was looking around their lot and saw the CC. Couldn't quit looking at it! Went back to the dealer three different times before I test drove it. My wife wasn't sure as the sticker price was a little out of our budget. I told her lets just make them an offer and if they say no,we're out of here. They said yes and the rest is history! Love my CC :D
[size=75][color=blue]2003 S-10 crew cab[/color][/size]
[size=75][color=red]6in superlift[/color][/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

HenryJ wrote:This project replaced "Thunder Chevy" and received the title-
"ThunderII- Tach's Cab".

The arrival of my son Tachoda nesitated the change in vehicles hence the "sequel" "ThunderII".
There was just no good way to accomidate a car seat in my old truck, or I'd still be driving it. HEY! Wait... I am still driving it :lol: The company that I work for bought it and I now use it as my shop truck :thumb: Best of both worlds :D

I went shopping specifically for a four door small truck. The Supercharged Nissan Frontier was the front runner , but none were available in the colors that I would consider. After checking insurance costs and seeing this photo -
I was convinced to go with the S-10. My neighbor helped talk me into it too, I guess :roll:

It has been a long process to get it to where it is now. I like it better than my old truck now. There are still a few small changes to be made, but they can wait until the need arises :D

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
SomeCrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by SomeCrew »

Hmm.... lets see here. Well I went to the dealership in search of a crew cab truck. Not knowing that they made the S-10 crew cab when I went (NOONE, and I mean NOONE around my way had one), I was looking for a full size. I didn't make the money that I make now, so a full-size was out of the question. As I was walking out of the door, the dealer said "well I am sure we can get you into an s-10 crew cab." I was speachless, I had never seen one. When he took me back to see it, I fell in love with it immediately. The rest is downhill from there...
[size=59][color=red]| '03 CC | WESTIN SPORTSMEN BRUSH GUARD | KC DAYLIGHTERS | WESTIN NERF BARS | WESTIN SPORTSMEN TAILLIGHT GUARDS | 6" SUPERLIFT SL |2" PA BL | 35" THORNBIRDS ON 15" AMERICAN RACING WHEELS |[/color][/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Last May, I started looking at Colorado and Canyon extended cabs. I had a '97 ZR2 with 60 K and no problems except the gas gauge, 1 set of replacement tires and front pads.

I thought they were over priced and unproven. I spotted a low milage '03 ZR2 and decided on it. When I went back to trade, it was temporarily gone and then I saw this really ugly yellow '02 ZR5 with 600 miles on it :D

It had every whistle and bell that was available. Original sticker was 27 K and they were asking 17 K. I test drove it, almost knocked myself out when I first hit the brakes ('97 ZR2s where a bear to get stopped.) :lol:

Carfax said it was clean and had never been titled. I bought it but, in hindsight if I had checked out the forums before I traded I'd have spent the price difference in doing mods to the '97. Maybe a crate 350, SL 6" , tires and wheels :yikes:
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
Rusty

Post by Rusty »

Well, I had this '99 Ford Ranger 4x4 that I got just before we found out my son Kyle was on the way. Yeah, yeah. I know. I'm so ashamed to admit I ever owned one of those P.O.S.'s! Anyway, after spending more time in the dealer getting fixed for one thing or another, I had had enough of Ford's "Quality sure ain't job #1" and was looking for a replacement. My wife was saying we needed another 4 door car (ever try to get a car seat and two adults in the front seat of a standard cab mini truck?) but I was absolutely set on another pickup truck. Anyway, we found out about the S-10 Crewcabs and the rest is history. Has it been a perfect ride? Well, no, I've had some problems, but it sure beats the heck out of that d@mned Ranger. The Ranger wasn't the first Ford I've owned either but I guaranty it was the last!
Hinch068
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Hinch068 »

honest answer is dealer gave me close to 7000.00 off sticker price....I am glad he did. I really enjoy it.
2004 S-10 Crew Cab ZR5
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

We bought our CC for several reasons. At the time we only had 2 vehicles, my 96 SS (show car & road racing), and our 98 Malibu (front wheel drive 3.8L :puke: ). The Malibu @ 88k miles was starting to make alot of engine noise so we decided to get something newer. We both wanted a mid sized truck with 4 wheel drive and room for the kids (2 yr old & 8 yr old) and started looking at some ZR2's, other S10's, and a few Toyotas. After realizing the kids won't fit in any of these, we found a black CC at a local dealer with only 7k miles. After almost a full day of haggling with them we took it home for $18k. :D We have been happy ever since, except for several small warranty repairs. We also considered the Canyon and Colorado, but the lack of engine torque and cheezy interior turned us away, plus they are not any bigger inside despite how they look bigger on the outside.

Steve
bubaloo1983
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by bubaloo1983 »

i walked into the dealership and then walked out with the keys.... :?: i dont know how it happened. lol :lol:
[size=75]2003 ZR5 GMC Sonoma, SFA dana30, 35 inch tires, 4.10 gears, Cut out flares. Chrome Denali grill, custom made skid plates, shackles and badging

www.customskidplates.com[/size]
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

For me I was after a small CC and the s-10 had everything in it I wanted if the Toyota had been the same price with the same options I might be driving 1 now .
[size=75]2004 S-10 CREW CAB {TRADED IN}
........ 2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeff024/]PICS OF THE CREW CAB[/url][/size]
jeggers
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by jeggers »

97 reg cab, 99 ex cab, 01 cc, and 04 cc zr5. mmmmm see the patern
2001 cc 2" pa body lift traded
2004 cc zr5 2" pa body lift 6" super lift 2" rear shackle and tb crank traded for a v-max Silverado
2006 V-max cc
2001 ex cab 4x4 ls work truck rufff country 2" lift sold
2012 silverado WT 2wd
kwalsh
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by kwalsh »

I couldn't afford the Toyota.
[size=75]"Pain = weakness leaving the body."[/size]
Blackmobile
Regular
Regular

Post by Blackmobile »

You have all said it ...
I play music and wanted a back seat so I could throw my axe in the back seat, without dealing with the moving the front seat, weird opening doors, etc,...
Need a back seat for the grandkids' car seats...
OK, time to spring for 4WD, don't need it often but after an accident here at home a few yrs. ago, I need to get outta' here when it's snowy...
Found an 03 and got it for 17K , brand new - options, I don't need no stinkin' options, it's more loaded "stock" than anything else I own...
[size=75]stock 03 CC
"Blackmobile"[/size]
BobbleSmitty
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BobbleSmitty »

My first car was supposed to be a full size Blazer 4x4 with a 350... But with certain circumstances, I inherited a '91 Chrysler Lebaron Sedan. Not my first choice, but it was free! I kept that for some years and couldn't take it anymore! I needed a truck. The whole family drives trucks here. My bro's got a crew cab Z71 Colorado, my dad has a Silverado, and my mom has a TrailBlazer Ext. Can you see the pattern, all chevys :) Dad works for GM... Well b4 my brother had his Colorado, he had an '03 black S10 crew cab (like mine w/o the ZR5 package). Unfortunately, his crew cab was a lemon and GM sent him a check for the difference of what he payed for it and how much the dealership would give him for it. Not a bad deal, he drove for free for a year, but he had about 20 (i'm not exagerating either) rental cars. But his lemon didn't stop me from buying a crew cab s10. I even bought the same color as his. Well, when I began looking for a truck, it was either going to be a GMC Sierra, a Chevy Colorado Z71, or the ZR5. The best deal for GM employees at the time was the ZR5... $4000 rebate, $4500 GM discount, and I managed to get $2200 for the Lebaron! I wanted a yellow S10 but I settled for black seeing that there wasn't a yellow one available within 500 miles of here! I ended up saving $8500 on it so that's what sold me on the S10.
[size=75]2004 S-10 Crew Cab ZR5 -*SOLD*-2" PA Body Lift - Air Shocks - 30x9.5" Cooper Discoverer S/T tires - 1.25" Rear Spacers - Clear Bumper Lights - Westin Safari - Light Bar w/ 100watt 6" Lights - Custom Stainless Steel V-force Dual Exhaust w/ 3" Black Chrome Slash Cut Tips - CB radio w/ 100watt PA speaker - Alpine MP3/CD Player - 10" JL Sub w/ 300watt amp - Low Profile - 'TonneauMasters' Tonneau Cover - In-channel Vent Visors - Airbox mod - Custom Front Tow Hooks - Debadged [/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

inmob@aol.com wrote:You have all said it ...
I play music and wanted a back seat so I could throw my axe in the back seat, without dealing with the moving the front seat, weird opening doors, etc,...
Need a back seat for the grandkids' car seats...
OK, time to spring for 4WD, don't need it often but after an accident here at home a few yrs. ago, I need to get outta' here when it's snowy...
Found an 03 and got it for 17K , brand new - options, I don't need no stinkin' options, it's more loaded "stock" than anything else I own...
Welcome aboard Inmob
:thumb:
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
Pat
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Pat »

I had a 2000 S10 reg cab with a 4 cylinder it was gutless and was cramped. I was driving by the dealership at about 60 and saw the truck turned around and did some tire kicking. I went back and got the wife and bought the truck. I would have liked to have a full size but at the time we were living in the Bay Area and attempting to park such a large vehicle would have been a pain so the crew was the best choice at the time. I still like the little truck allot the only thing that bugs me about this truck as well as all small trucks is that they have still not built the things with 48" between the fender wells. With this being my 3rd S-Series I was very saddened to see them go.
barch97
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by barch97 »

HenryJ wrote:Image
Looks like HJ really wanted sandalwood :wink:
n0m4d
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by n0m4d »

I got tired of getting out an pushing my '98 2.2L S-10 SC SB up hills. God I hated that truck. I needed a vehicle that I could easily fit a roof rack for my mountain bikes on and could get me a little bit of head start on the trail sometime. Plus, I wanted to be in the S-10crewcab.com club!

$6000 off sticker helped too :wink:
[size=75]No more CrewCab. Now driving 2007 Hummer H3, 5-speed, 35" Toyo Open Country MT's, PIAA in the driving lights. [/size]
snocat1
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by snocat1 »

My folks had a 82 s10 and when i turned 16 I started to drive that , then when i was a senior in school it was mine to take care of and i like that truck alot. then i went to a 91 z24 caviler and the dealer ended up with my truck i've all ways liked the s10 trucks.
[size=75]2001 crew cab with a quick hatch tonneau cover
235/75/15 bridgestone dueler at revos[/size]
top_sgt
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by top_sgt »

had a chevy tracker.....went out "window" shopping!!!! just looking around.
local chevy dealer had an "04 crewcab demo on the used car lot. after a week and a half of dickering on price and payment.....i was in the crewcab!!!
more room for the boys in the back.....much easier to haul the wife's and mine bicycles around. after a few mods...... better than every!!!! :D
2004 S10 CC ZR5 4x4 >> traded for a 2006 F150 supercrew!!