Will a Medium size sport bike fit in the bed

Everything else! new member introductions, pics, announcements, news..

Moderator: F9K9

smokinjoe
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Will a Medium size sport bike fit in the bed

Post by smokinjoe »

Anyone actually done this, i was wanting to try to fit an 05 CBR600RR in the bed, the wheel base is 54.5 in. but thats axle to axle so maybe 72 inches total i'd imagine it would fit but i wanted some input from people that have done it, thanks for anyones help
"Aim towards the Enemy." -Instruction printed on US Rocket Launcher
malkavian
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by malkavian »

my 03 600rr fit with the tail gate down before i bought my trailer. measure from the front of the tire to the rear axle for future ref.. then measure your bed.
[size=75]2006 Silvarado with 5.3 tow haul package, and 1993 jeep grand cherokee starting the build on it this summer.[/size]
smokinjoe
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by smokinjoe »

if an 03 fits i'm pretty sure an 05 would fit, the 04 had a .2 inch longer wheelbase, did you use a canyon dancer to tie it down, and if you dont mind, how did you load it and get it unloaded, did you just ride it down, or back up to something, did you also have to use a bed extender or was it all good?
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

I don't see why not. I've measured it out one time, and my Harley would fit with the tailgate down, putting the rear tire on the tail gate.
[size=75][url=http://outsideventure.com/s10crew/]01 S10 Crewcab - SAS'd[/url][/size]
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

hope those tailgate cables hold up, they have been known to snap
[size=75]2004 S-10 CREW CAB {TRADED IN}
........ 2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeff024/]PICS OF THE CREW CAB[/url][/size]
malkavian
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by malkavian »

yeah I use a canyon dancer. And dont use the regular cam type tie downs I had one snap on me and it was rated for 5000lbs. I had the dirt bike in the back then it only weighed around 250 lbs.. I bought a enclosed trailer for my bikes now. v nose 13 ft will hold 3 bikes .. I paid about 2800 for it.
[size=75]2006 Silvarado with 5.3 tow haul package, and 1993 jeep grand cherokee starting the build on it this summer.[/size]
malkavian
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by malkavian »

you in the military down there. i have a air force budy at warner robins. works in the c-130 sectoin.
smokinjoe
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by smokinjoe »

malkavian wrote:you in the military down there. i have a air force budy at warner robins. works in the c-130 sectoin.
sure am, i work in the 135 unit, i'm active duty
malkavian
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by malkavian »

ex military here.. c-130 cc.
smokinjoe
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by smokinjoe »

4 and out, or did you retire? i am a engine troop by trade, btw how did you get your bike out of the bed? ramps and just kinda roll off with it?
malkavian
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by malkavian »

did 4 and out wish I had stayed though... I have a folding ramp thats almost as wide as the bed. It was for loading 4 wheelers. But its wide enough to ride it up into the truck. I would fold it up and lift the rear tire and slide it in underneath the bike. it can be done by yourself but easier with two people