I got Stuck

Everything else! new member introductions, pics, announcements, news..

Moderator: F9K9

Maximous
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

I got Stuck

Post by Maximous »

Poor me out on my own just checking out the scenery, whoops, the back end slipped into the ruts just like it always does, i remember someone saying that it would help having the rear tires set inside the front that way they dont ride the same ruts, um, when you are trying to ride on "top" of a rut, it really helps to have the rears in the same place as the fronts, every time i ride the ruts my rear slips in and i end up stuck on the dang differentials

its ok though, the fullsize Z71 that came to my rescue actually got stuck right behind me, so we sat even longer until someone came to pull him out, dang Toyota, he probably felt proud too, sitting up on dry land :twisted:
[size=75]Driver carries no money, he's a Government employee[/size]
2bunik
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by 2bunik »

at least it wasnt a FORD... (a2b)
[size=75]TARMAC TRENDZ car club
2003 GMC Zr5 maroon or somethingto it.
Two 10s in a custom box and Pioneer Premier 400w amp, Quad mod,Body lift, bed light.
http://www.tarmactrendz.vze.com/[/size]
JimmyDiamond
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by JimmyDiamond »

Nice looking wheels! 8)
[size=75]2002 S-10 ZQ8- Too much to list= SOLD - 2003 Bonneville SLE - [url=http://images9.fotki.com/v187/photos/4/41590/841111/DSC00158-vi.jpg]2000 Jimmy Diamond Edition[/url] - 2006 Trailblazer LT V8 - 2006 Malibu SS[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

How far was it to something that could have been an anchor point for winching?

Is that a powerline road?

Looks like you could have used a little more "bite". I'd say it is time for some lift and Geolandar M/T's , Good Year MTR's , or even Baja Radial Claws :D

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Or just hanging to the right of the water :lol:

"Me thinks my good friend was checking out limitations" Good Photos, Max, Thanks:)
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

Yea, nice shot, thanks for sharing. Looks like the rear diff might have gotten hung up?
[size=75][url=http://outsideventure.com/s10crew/]01 S10 Crewcab - SAS'd[/url][/size]
Rusty

Post by Rusty »

f9k9 wrote:"Me thinks my good friend was checking out limitations"
I've done that many times. Usually find them too! :lol:
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Rusty wrote:
f9k9 wrote:"Me thinks my good friend was checking out limitations"
I've done that many times. Usually find them too! :lol:
:lol: I used to find them alot when I was driving a gov't bronco and was too lazy to lock in the front hubs until I was stuck in a serious mudhole :lol:
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
Justin
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Justin »

I think the problem was those goodyears..... :wink:
[size=75]05 Sierra LLY "Silver Bull"[/size]
Maximous
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Maximous »

man HJ, you should talk to my fiancee, you know actually i was driving around on an old powerline trail (HJ) that i used to ride like every weekend in my old 79 bronco and my Artic Cat fourwheeler, but i was just checking stuff out, i saw the hole and decided that i could ride the ruts, but at the very end my rear tires went left i hit the gas my front tires jumped thru the rut and landed in the second set and that was the end of that, HJ plenty to hook to had i had a winch, I am still looking to buy one but am trying to do alot more important things in my life right now than my addiction and my truck, my addiction is taking my truck where it probably cant go, but yes i want to lift it, tires, winch, everything, but that will probably have to wait a while because of getting married and buying a house, no money left hanging around, Quickbiker, you know S-10s pretty well hahaha, yep i was pretty hung up there, thats what happen to the Z71he slid right down in the ruts till his "chunks" got caught But oh well all we can do is laugh about it now :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Maximous
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Maximous »

i have not had any problems w/the goodyears, i wish i could find the pics of some of the stuff the goodyears have gotten me through. i would like a more aggressive tread and a taller tire but have know complaints w/the goodyears
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Re: I got Stuck

Post by Walt »

Maximous wrote:Poor me out on my own just checking out the scenery, whoops, the back end slipped into the ruts just like it always does, i remember someone saying that it would help having the rear tires set inside the front that way they dont ride the same ruts, um, when you are trying to ride on "top" of a rut, it really helps to have the rears in the same place as the fronts, every time i ride the ruts my rear slips in and i end up stuck on the dang differentials

its ok though, the fullsize Z71 that came to my rescue actually got stuck right behind me, so we sat even longer until someone came to pull him out, dang Toyota, he probably felt proud too, sitting up on dry land :twisted:
*cough*winch*cough* :lol:
--Walt
2001 S-10 CrewCab - Retired...
Warnoffroad
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Warnoffroad »

2bunik wrote:at least it wasnt a FORD... (a2b)
hey now easy on the fords, i switched over myself :P, but i still got the blazer
[size=75]02 ZR5 CC, SFA D44 front, D60 rear, 40" IROKs, np200 2nd t-case. SOLD
05 F-350 CC FX4 Diesel, 7" lift 37" toyos, 14.18 1/4 mile ET[/size]
Rusty

Post by Rusty »

Warnoffroad wrote:
2bunik wrote:at least it wasnt a FORD... (a2b)
hey now easy on the fords, i switched over myself :P, but i still got the blazer
You got a Ford? When did you go to the "dark side"? And after building that really nice crewcab too! :lol:
Maximous
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Maximous »

that rear tire isn't touching anything, just water, same with the front driver side tire, my truck was a big see-saw, winch would have helped alot, Im kinda broke right now because of trying to buy ring and a house, anyone have a winch they don't want and could donate to the "Give a Winch a Home Foundation" *cough*wamason*cough* :lol:
JimmyDiamond
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by JimmyDiamond »

No G80 I'm guessing?
[size=75]2002 S-10 ZQ8- Too much to list= SOLD - 2003 Bonneville SLE - [url=http://images9.fotki.com/v187/photos/4/41590/841111/DSC00158-vi.jpg]2000 Jimmy Diamond Edition[/url] - 2006 Trailblazer LT V8 - 2006 Malibu SS[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Maximous wrote:...anyone have a winch they don't want and could donate...*cough*wamason*cough*
:lol: His winch is on it's way to it's new home ;)

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
coffeedrnkr
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by coffeedrnkr »

Your stuck Isn't as bad as what I saw this weekend a guy with a new *expedition* with fully independant suspension got stuck in a 1 foot deep ditch with gradual sides to it, ON WET GRASS IN 4X4!!!!!!!! We had to straighten him out then have 3 people jump on his bumper while he floored it just to get out. :!:
Last edited by coffeedrnkr on Sun Nov 21, 2004 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[size=75][url=http://s80.photobucket.com/albums/j162/coffeedrnkr15/]The Crazyblaze[/url]
d44/d60 5.13's, atlas 3.8
[/size]
Rusty

Post by Rusty »

coffeedrnkr wrote:Your stuck Isn't as bad as what I saw this weekend a guy with a new explorer with fully independant suspension got stuck in a 1 foot deep ditch with gradual sides to it, ON WET GRASS IN 4X4!!!!!!!! We had to straighten him out then have 3 people jump on his bumper while he floored it just to get out. :!:
Oh, that's just plain embarassing! I mow a ditch bigger than that with a lawn tractor and it sure doesn't have 4wd. I only got stuck once when the deck got hung up on a tree root. If I were that Explorer owner, I wouldn't be able to show my face in public after that.
Maximous
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Maximous »

JimmyDiamond wrote:
No G80 I'm guessing?
wrong, both were spinning but the one that was actually touching the ground was just spinning away, itwouldnt have mattered i was hung pretty high on my front and rear diff
kf6kmx
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by kf6kmx »

Maximous wrote:Image

that rear tire isn't touching anything, just water, same with the front driver side tire, my truck was a big see-saw, winch would have helped alot, Im kinda broke right now because of trying to buy ring and a house, anyone have a winch they don't want and could donate to the "Give a Winch a Home Foundation" *cough*wamason*cough* :lol:
I did the 'poor mans winch' (aka Gov't contractor emplotee route).. A 'come-Along' with a long cable on it :)

I got mine used a the flea market for under $10.. I think it has about 12-15ft of winch line in it right now (just hook to a revocery strap for more length).. Its not really strong, maybe a 1 or 2 tn lift capacity, but I dont use it for lift, just drag :)
Its cheaper than a Hi-Lift jack, and much cheaper than a winch.
Havent had to use it in actual offroad recovery yet though!
[size=75]-Scott-----'03 CrewCab S10 - Pewter
[url]http://www.kf6kmx.net/s10tracker.asp[/url]<-- Follow this link to find my trucks current actual location! Updated whenever the ignition is on. (tracker radio is currently intermittant) Pioneer XM, MagnaFlow, Garmin GPS,Tornado AMS , APRS Tracker, 2m/440 Ham Radio, Vista Camper Shell (from SoCalDave) , JottoDesk laptop mount, Rancho 5000's, Revo 235 75R15 on stock rims[/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

I know that there will some "nay sayers" to this but, I have pulled many a "full sized" rig out using "550" cord/parachute cord that was looped/doubled over several times.
border man
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by border man »

f9k9 wrote:I know that there will some "nay sayers" to this but, I have pulled many a "full sized" rig out using "550" cord/parachute cord that was looped/doubled over several times.
The oh..so famous 550 cord. That stuff was worth it's weight in gold when we went to field for field expedient repairs. Another must have was the 100MPH tape.
[size=75]I didn't do it, it was already like that when I got it.[/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

border man wrote: The oh..so famous 550 cord. That stuff was worth it's weight in gold when we went to field for field expedient repairs. Another must have was the 100MPH tape.
I figured you would recognize it's value, Border Man :lol:

There was an "Operation Linebacker" in an area west of San Diego (Pine Valley) a few years back, where Clinton wanted the border closed up. A bronco I was driving died about 2 AM and no wrecker driver would drive into that canyon. I was towed over 5 miles up the mountain using 550 cord. I was already a believer but that made me a "worshipper" :lol: :lol: