age of crew cab owners

Everything else! new member introductions, pics, announcements, news..

Moderator: F9K9

F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

I first posted on this topic five months ago and love the site even more now.

Have done a few mods with the help of it's members, which I deeply appreciate. :)

All I wanna know is..........does anyone else feel that when "Sir HenryJ/Brule" scolds you that you feel like you are 9 years old and your mom and dad has been summoned to your school and you are waiting in the principal's outer office?????????????

BTW...... am still 53 and am still running marathons (slowly) :lol: :lol: :lol:
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

f9k9 wrote:....when "Sir HenryJ/Brule" scolds you that you feel like you are 9 years old and your mom and dad has been summoned to your school and you are waiting in the principal's outer office?????????????
:!: :oops:
Sorry if I make people feel that way :oops:
It is not my intention to do so.

The internet is a tough place since you can not see the expression on someones face while talking.

emoticons (smilies) help somewhat , but can be taken several ways , and sometimes the wrong way.

I guess I can be rather opinionated at times , although I try to be as open-minded as I can. At times I will play the "devils advocate" to get someone to think, or just think for themselves.
I do believe that "you can feed a man a fish and he will not be hungry for the day, but if you teach him to fish, he will never go hungry again."

Sometimes perhaps I do try to "teach" when , perhaps it is not really needed, but I do like to be as clear as possible.

I am sorry if I come across as short, rude, or "all knowing" ...I am not. I started this forum , and have read every post made, as well as most of the ones deleted and long gone.
In my attempt to keep the information gathered together, and cross linked, I do post links to old topics at times. It is not to admonish those who do not search, but to point out topics that they may not have found in their search.

In summary, I would say that I am not the oldest, or wisest here. I just try to do my best to keep the free flow of information going.

It is just the internet, don't take it personally :mrgreen:

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

i think your doing 1 heck of a job and i have yet to EVER find a site that has nearly all your answers and if not yet just ask a question and within a short time you will have answers ........this site is loaded with great members :thumb:
[size=75]2004 S-10 CREW CAB {TRADED IN}
........ 2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeff024/]PICS OF THE CREW CAB[/url][/size]
Jim

Post by Jim »

jeff024 wrote:i figured id bring this thread back up top again for some of the newer members who havent read this far into the site :) . 34 here
Yes old topic I'm 46 now Image
Best Regards, Jim
2004 Tahoe, Summit white, loaded up. 06 front air dam, wood interior trim, Shaved Roof Rack, Escalade rear vents, LED Tails, SLP dual cat back exhaust w/ Flowmaster 70 muffler, 20 inch 07 Sierra wheels.
coffeedrnkr
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by coffeedrnkr »

Dang, I guess I got started young. I turned 18 in september.

Though I think I have passed up my dad in car knowlege (don't tell him though)

The blazer is my first vehicle and I plan to keep it until I get out of college.

I love my blazer and would not sell it for anything!!!! :D
[size=75][url=http://s80.photobucket.com/albums/j162/coffeedrnkr15/]The Crazyblaze[/url]
d44/d60 5.13's, atlas 3.8
[/size]
malkavian
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by malkavian »

29 here... Im glad henryj runs this site like he does. Im glad we all get along with out fighting. Im a member on 600rr.net a site on the cbr600rr and I would say about 80% on there you would think they were 13 or so. I love you guys :lol:
[size=75]2006 Silvarado with 5.3 tow haul package, and 1993 jeep grand cherokee starting the build on it this summer.[/size]
Rusty

Post by Rusty »

malkavian wrote:Im glad henryj runs this site like he does. Im glad we all get along with out fighting.
I'll second that! I'm sort of out of the crew cab thing these days but I still enjoy hanging around here and just reading the conversations. It's a nice friendly place to be ("Cheer's" theme song anyone?). I think I posted in this thread before but I'm almost 47.

Oh, and HenryJ, thanks for the avatar!
Retep
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Retep »

Love fest here!!! :lol:

I got to say this is a great site. I might end up keeping my truck longer than I otherwise would because of this great site.
I to am very happy with the way Brule runs the forums. It's great that there is no fighting, flamming, bickering, etc on the boards. It's also very nice that outsiders like myself (don't own a crew cab) are welcomed and considered part of the family.

Can you feel the love!!! :lol:

Pete

P.S. I think I already posted my age on this thread. I am older now.
[size=75][url=http://photobucket.com/albums/v179/retep910/S10/]2002 S10 Ext. Cab 4x4 Indigo Blue[/url]
Extang Black Max Tonneau, Rubber Bed Mat, Vent Visors, Bugflector II, SilverStar headlights, Dark Window Tint, Disabled DRL, Debadged, K&N Filter, Skid Plates, 1.25" Rear Wheel Spacers, Boise 3 aal kit, mild T-bar crank, Dueler A/T Revo[/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

HJ, I wasn't complaining, just curious. You know where I stand about you and this fantastic site :thumb: :bounce: :thumb:
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
n0m4d
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by n0m4d »

29 here, but my fake ID says 19. Don't tell anyone.
[size=75]No more CrewCab. Now driving 2007 Hummer H3, 5-speed, 35" Toyo Open Country MT's, PIAA in the driving lights. [/size]
Rusty

Post by Rusty »

n0m4d wrote:29 here, but my fake ID says 19. Don't tell anyone.
Hmm, I'll settle for a fake ID that says I'm 29! :lol:
Maximous
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Maximous »

21 wooohoooo
[size=75]Driver carries no money, he's a Government employee[/size]
Pauleo
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Pauleo »

31 and counting!
[size=75]"As I said before, I never repeat myself!"[/size]
24digger
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by 24digger »

41 on Wednesday
[size=75]2002 Yellow Crewcab, Gaylord X2000 Lid, Ventvisors, Painted to match bugshield, Stepshields, K&N filter,rear swaybar, Bed X-tender,Window Tint, 1.25" wheel spacers,overhead console with trip computer, steering wheel with radio controls, bilsteins, optima redtop, taylor wires. flowmaster 40 muffler, energy suspension swaybar bushings[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

24digger wrote:41 on Wednesday
Happy Birthday, and have a great turkey day too :D

"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
- ThunderII KE7CSK
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

HenryJ wrote:
24digger wrote:41 on Wednesday
Happy Birthday, and have a great turkey day too :D

I echo Brule's sentiments. :lol: :lol

It only seems bad at the moment :lol:

It will level out..........I promise:)
kf6kmx
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by kf6kmx »

HenryJ wrote:39, some days feel 60, but most of the time closer to 15 :)

I should have grown up in the '60's I'd have fit right in with the Hotrodder's.
34 here..
I'm the same way.. I had teachers in H.S. tell me that I was born about 20 years too late.. Had a '71 Dart and then a '73 Charger in H.S., both hot rodded.. Still doing it I guess... Have a '66 Mustang coupe (mildly hot rodded) in the garage right now :)
and an '89 LSC (the 'Hot Rod Lincoln', 5.0HO, posi rear, etc.. all from the factory!) sitting behind it.. One of my co-workers is trying to get me to sell him the Lincoln though..
[size=75]-Scott-----'03 CrewCab S10 - Pewter
[url]http://www.kf6kmx.net/s10tracker.asp[/url]<-- Follow this link to find my trucks current actual location! Updated whenever the ignition is on. (tracker radio is currently intermittant) Pioneer XM, MagnaFlow, Garmin GPS,Tornado AMS , APRS Tracker, 2m/440 Ham Radio, Vista Camper Shell (from SoCalDave) , JottoDesk laptop mount, Rancho 5000's, Revo 235 75R15 on stock rims[/size]
2bunik
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by 2bunik »

NO OFFENSE BUT YOU GUYS ARE OLD...ER MAYBE THAT IS WHY THE THIS SITE IS MELLOWED OUT .. WHICH IS A GOOD THING
[size=75]TARMAC TRENDZ car club
2003 GMC Zr5 maroon or somethingto it.
Two 10s in a custom box and Pioneer Premier 400w amp, Quad mod,Body lift, bed light.
http://www.tarmactrendz.vze.com/[/size]
kf6kmx
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by kf6kmx »

2bunik wrote:NO OFFENSE BUT YOU GUYS ARE OLD...ER MAYBE THAT IS WHY THE THIS SITE IS MELLOWED OUT .. WHICH IS A GOOD THING
Already knew that :lol: (old that is)

My neice took care of that for me (she's 10).. we were watching tv, I was sitting in the floor with my back to the couch, she was on the couch.. She was messing with my hair and I asked her what she was doing, her reply:
"Counting your grey hair..."

ouch... :shock:

:roflmao:
[url]http://www.kf6kmx.net/s10tracker.asp[/url]<-- Follow this link to find my trucks current actual location! Updated whenever the ignition is on. (tracker radio is currently intermittant) Pioneer XM, MagnaFlow, Garmin GPS,Tornado AMS , APRS Tracker, 2m/440 Ham Radio, Vista Camper Shell (from SoCalDave) , JottoDesk laptop mount, Rancho 5000's, Revo 235 75R15 on stock rims[/size]
Pauleo
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Pauleo »

At least she was counting gray hairs & not how many hairs you have TOTAL!!!! That would suck!!!!
:lol:
[size=75]"As I said before, I never repeat myself!"[/size]
Rusty

Post by Rusty »

2bunik wrote:NO OFFENSE BUT YOU GUYS ARE OLD...ER MAYBE THAT IS WHY THE THIS SITE IS MELLOWED OUT .. WHICH IS A GOOD THING
We're not old, we're EXPERIENCED!!! :lol:
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

your only as old as you feel . and my wife says im 12 anyway :) :poke:
[size=75]2004 S-10 CREW CAB {TRADED IN}
........ 2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeff024/]PICS OF THE CREW CAB[/url][/size]
Angelique
Regular
Regular

Post by Angelique »

I'm 31 and just bought my truck. I have no kids and still like the crew cab just for convenience. I wouldn't have gone any other way.
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

31, did I say 31, I meant 21, OK OK 31. Wishing I was 21. :?

Steve
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Wow, there are a lot of posts in this thread,

Current average age of members that posted in this thread- 32.4 years old

That is surprising...
HenryJ wrote:Posted: 03 Dec 2002 06:49 am ...the average age is just over 38 at this point.

I would have thought that the average age would higher by the looks of the drivers that I see around here.
However it may be due to the "computer literacy" of crew cab owners. The average age may indeed be higher for the total ownership, but only the literate owners show up here.

Or it could have to do with the afforability of the crews becoming available to a younger audience, due to incentives on the last year models and used crews showing up in the market? Who knows, I'm just glad to have more contributors to the pool of information here :thumb:
Last edited by HenryJ on Fri Dec 17, 2004 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

- ThunderII KE7CSK
kf6kmx
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by kf6kmx »

HenryJ wrote:Wow, there are a lot of posts in this thread,

Sure... NOW I'm above average.... :hide:
barch97
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by barch97 »

HenryJ wrote:Wow, there are a lot of posts in this thread,

does that average account for time that's past since the age was posted? for example: when I posted my age I was 32. I'm now two years older than that.

Yes, I added two years to the posts that were made back then. There maybe be a margin of error in the 50 posted ages, but it should be really close without specific birth dates ;) -HJ
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

So HJ, from my limited research on this topic. I must be walking to my crew with the assistance of a cane? :lol:

There is a ritual on the Marine Corp's birthday that the youngest and the oldest are toasted to at a unit celebration. :D

Exactly when is S-10crewcab.com's B-day? :lol:

PS........... Lay very low, Berch :lol:
Rusty

Post by Rusty »

HenryJ wrote:Yes, I added two years to the posts that were made back then. There maybe be a margin of error in the 50 posted ages, but it should be really close without specific birth dates ;) -HJ
Then should I be surprised if I find I've suddenly advanced to the age of admittance to an old folks home? Or worse, should I start reading the obituaries and looking for my name? (Not sure what I should do if I find it :shock: )
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

f9k9 wrote:...when is S-10crewcab.com's B-day?
The .php forum that you see here was released to the public 06 Oct 2002 , Hobie's Voyforum started July that year.

I actually started the .php forum on October 1st of 2002, Hobie and Jim started testing it within the next few days.

- ThunderII KE7CSK
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Maybe we should echo the Marine's tradition and honor the oldest and youngest members of a unit on the MC B-day. I think a 6" lift would be appropriate and would be willing to donate $50 to the cause :lol:
coffeedrnkr
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by coffeedrnkr »

Ill chip in the 50 bucks if I am the reciever of the honor :D . I know I am one of the youngest.
[size=75][url=http://s80.photobucket.com/albums/j162/coffeedrnkr15/]The Crazyblaze[/url]
d44/d60 5.13's, atlas 3.8
[/size]
barch97
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by barch97 »

f9k9 wrote:PS........... Lay very low, Berch :lol:
EXCELLENT advice... I'd likely be the only one not packin' heat :wink:
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

barch97 wrote:
No matter what I may say, there is something that I haven't quite figured out but, I like ya' :twisted:
Rusty

Post by Rusty »

barch97 wrote:
After reading back through the firearms thread, I'd say you're probably right. Not me though. I still can't find the danged keys! :x
camelott112
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by camelott112 »

not to dig up an old topic but im 21 haha
Hinch068
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Hinch068 »

Just turned 34
2004 S-10 Crew Cab ZR5
CrazyChaz
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by CrazyChaz »

Just turned 25 about a month ago. Sadly I already have found some gray hairs :cry:. On a different note I would like to wish everyone a happy New Year!
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

CrazyChaz wrote:...Sadly I already have found some gray hairs...
There is nothing wrong with gray hair! I was 40% gray by my 16th birthday. I am a little more than that now ;)

Just be glad that you do have hair :D

- ThunderII KE7CSK
2bunik
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by 2bunik »

21 now! but ill be 22 jan 15
[size=75]TARMAC TRENDZ car club
2003 GMC Zr5 maroon or somethingto it.
Two 10s in a custom box and Pioneer Premier 400w amp, Quad mod,Body lift, bed light.
http://www.tarmactrendz.vze.com/[/size]
top_sgt
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by top_sgt »

a young 48 here,, and the sad part is that my significant other has a Colorado extended cab Z-71....... but i do get to drive it now and then!!!!!! :lol:
2004 S10 CC ZR5 4x4 >> traded for a 2006 F150 supercrew!!
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

top_sgt wrote:... the sad part is that my significant other has a Colorado extended cab Z-71...
I am indeed sorry...you do share the crew cab from time to time don't you? ;)

- ThunderII KE7CSK