Moderator: F9K9

_STUCKY
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Fuel tank skid plate

Post by _STUCKY »

http://www.s-10crewcab.net/og1/modinfo/ ... plates.htm
Gas Tank:
The shield that I used was off of an 1986 ext. cab S-10. The only thing I had to order was a bracket that supports the front of the shield.
The part number for the fuel tank shield is 12495667 - GMpartsdirect.com price was $91.56
The bracket part number is: 15960535

Using the first gen parts there is also a support bar that will need to be modified just a little to work. I took the bar and I cut about 2.5" off one end and flattened it approx.. 1.5" at 90* to the other end, then bend it to 45* and drill a 3/8 hole.That's kind of a rough description.

So here are the list of parts that are needed:
The gas tank sheild & bolts,nuts..-off any s-10 4x4 ext. cab
The bracket-order from GM
The modified support bar-off any S-10 4x4 ext cab

Details on what will work for our trucks are hard to come by. “86 extended cab” trucks are rare around here. I have an opportunity to go get a gas tank skid plate off an extended zr2, I’m not sure what year. It is a couple hour drive away. Anyone know anything on wether it will work or not? I know there are frame differences between z and non z trucks, but I do not know if any thing is different in that area.

:wave:
southernzr5
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: Fuel tank skid plate

Post by southernzr5 »

I'm not sure if it will fit or not, but figured I would shoot a reply since it seems like things are fairly dead around this forum lately. If all else fails, I'm sure you could mod it to make it work for you. Let us know how things turn out.