Where to buy splash guards that will fit a ZR5?

This is the place for all those mods

Moderator: F9K9

Black03ZR5
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Where to buy splash guards that will fit a ZR5?

Post by Black03ZR5 »

My dealer is paying me for whatever set I buy. They ordered some molded GM ones but they don't fit with the wheel flare, there was a decent gap. So I am wondering where I can get some. Conman did you ever get some? I could of sworn you did.

Thanks

Dave
Conman
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Re: Where to buy splash guards that will fit a ZR5?

Post by Conman »

Black03ZR5 wrote:My dealer is paying me for whatever set I buy. They ordered some molded GM ones but they don't fit with the wheel flare, there was a decent gap. So I am wondering where I can get some. Conman did you ever get some? I could of sworn you did.

Thanks

Dave

Sorry, but I'm the Master of All Talk, no show! :lol: I do want a set as well(the all talk), but have not got any yet(no show). IIRC, it was a non ZR2 owner who got the GM set that worked ok. Maybe one day I will mount the mods I have in boxes and start really looking at the mud flaps...... ;)

Cheers,

Con

P.S. Just busting on myself! :) I've got Trooper mods that need to be finished as well. Oh yeah, I've got hand guards for my Motorcycle that needs to be installed as well...... :oops:
[size=75]2007 Hummer H3 all Stock
Sold: 2004 Chevy Avalanche Z71 all Stock.
Sold: 2002 Chevy S10 Crew Cab ZR5 - Mods: Truxedo Bed Cover, APC and TYC Lights.[/size]
Socaldave
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Mud Guards by Husky

Post by Socaldave »

Look at Jim's post in this forum section from March 27th about "splash guards". They are made by Husky. I just have not got around to ordering some. He even has provided pictures........ :D
barch97
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by barch97 »

Those were on my truck not Jim's. Mine is NOT a zr5. Husky does make two different splash guards for our trucks however. (With fender cladding and without.)

I can't tell ya if the ones with fender cladding are the right ones for zr5 or not.
marks10cc
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by marks10cc »

I just checked out Husky's website, they have splash guards that fit Crew Cabs, Extended Cabs, Rebular Cabs, Z-85, ZQ8, ZR5, ZR2... all of us.

Do you think they would do a GP? If we got ZR2.com and maybe those other boards involved, think we could get 100 orders? That should bring the price down a couple bucks (I'm looking for free shipping most of all).

Hell, this is something I just may be able to afford? And after spending almost 2 hours on one side of my kickplate this weekend trying to get the tar off, I'm game for these things. The black rubber flappy things at Advance didn't look like they would help much, I want a GUARD!

Anybody else interested? Here's the next question... how do I start a GP?
barch97
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by barch97 »

I just want to mention that I am satisfied with the splash guards but, not so much the retailer (truckxccessory.com) I purchased them from. As I explained in another thread, the descriptions of specific guards aren't very clear and, I assume all responsibility for first ordering the wrong model. But, then I sent the first set back for refund and they only credited my account for one pair. So, after all is said and done, I paid $138.00 for these splash guards that are advertised at $29.00.
anvil
Crew
Crew

Post by anvil »

I have mud gaurds on my crew, and got them from the GM dealer. They are the cheapest ones they sell, just a straight, non moulded, gaurd.

I agonized about this for a long time, yet when my mud gaurds were installed, I was happy with them. Nothing trick, very simple, and work great.

Have the dealer hold the mud gaurd up to your crew, and see how they look. I hope this helps.
SlickDaddy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by SlickDaddy »

I got the cheap ones from the dealer too, and im pretty happy with them so far...