is this a good roof rack

This is the place for all those mods

Moderator: F9K9

dozer1530
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

is this a good roof rack

Post by dozer1530 »

http://www.discountramps.com/car-roof-rack.htm im looking for a roof rack and i found this one is it a good one . any suggestions if not on a good one? its 48 inch long
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Re: is this a good one

Post by F9K9 »

I dunno about that one but, maybe you can do a search for reviews. I tried to cheap may way into one and I got what I paid for for. I shipped back an ebay one and then started looking of deals on better ones.

Other than an easy way to carry my Hi-Lift jack, shovel and a mounting platform for my aux lighting, I really haven't needed mine much. When I got into a pinch doing 200 mile daily commutes this past winter and tried to increase my mpgs, I yanked mine.

Maybe, telling us what you picture your end goal is will help us determine if, that one is what you need.
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
dozer1530
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by dozer1530 »

what im trying to do is get my spair tired out of my truck bed and like you so i can put more lights and aslo have a lil more starage
barch97
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by barch97 »

I can't speak to the quality of the roof rack but, I bought some tie down straps and one of them roof top luggage bag things from "discountramps" last fall. I had no trouble with them or the items I purchased.
[size=67][i]"Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs."[/i][/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

I quickly googled for a review of the rack. Forget that this is on a heep forum but,

It's pretty good and goes into the wiring and other aspects.
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
dozer1530
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Re: is this a good roof rack

Post by dozer1530 »

ok ty!! i gess ill try it out?