8 way pwr leather seats with 2 driver memory.

This is the place for all those mods

Moderator: F9K9

Torskdoc
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

8 way pwr leather seats with 2 driver memory.

Post by Torskdoc »

Went down to one of 2 of the the pick and pulls I frequent near me. I've been on the look out for a blazer/jimmy/bravada with graphite leather interior. Over the last two weeks I've counted more TAN interiors than I care to. Today I got lucky. 2000 bravada stuck WAAAAAYYYYYY out in the corner of the yard. Seats in outstanding shape. both of them have 8way power, power lumbar and the driver seat has 2 driver memory.

Pulled and paid for them. Now this yard charges 40 each for seats, 10 for tracks and 18 for motors. For some odd reason today :?: I got the seats for 30 each and the tracks with motors for 10 and 1/2 each. RAN AS FAST AS I COULD! :lol: :lol:

Found out that the memory unit runs off a class 2 serial data signal in the seat harness. (Brown with white stripe.) So I look on the harness in my truck and it's got one (I double checked with a meter to the BCM)

Black with white stripe is seat belt, The orange with black stripe is power, and black is ground. My harness was complete so I plugged it in and HOT DAMN EVERYTHING WORKS.

The pass side had no provision for power seating, so I spliced a 14ga wire into the dr. side orange and black wires,(Solder and heat shrink) ran them under the carpet, and out at the heater duct. PLUG AND PLAY!

Plug and Play compatability = :thumb: :thumb::thumb: :thumb:

Looks and Comfort levels = :) :)

The wife is ALREADY BUGGING ME to find a drivers side seat with memory for her Grand AM. Yeah RIGHT!! Maybe this new seat is the thing that will get her driving the CC more.

Barely over, but it is over the 100k forum limit-HJ

Larry

[/url]
2002 S-10 ZR-5 Quad-CAB
1995 GMC Jimmy 4Dr. SLT
okie s10
Crew
Crew

Post by okie s10 »

What a darn nice addition. Now Larry this begs the question, what have you got left to do to that interior??????????????????
Another susprise in store for us maybe? :shock: :lol:
[size=75]---Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans............John Lennon[/size]
Torskdoc
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Torskdoc »

Leather Door Panels, Rear Seat in Leather, auto-pilot, Martin-Baker Ejection Seat, :evil:

Seriously just the door panels, and the rear seat in leather(katzskins or similar). Everything else I want to do is done, unless I put red leds in the dash.
2002 S-10 ZR-5 Quad-CAB
1995 GMC Jimmy 4Dr. SLT
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Don't use the wife's remote entry fob once programed. Took me awhile to wonder why the seat was ramming me into the dash and my head into the roof when I would grab her keys :lol:
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
Horsehammerr
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Horsehammerr »

What happened to the heat switch ? Everything is identical to '02 ZR5 leathers except for no heat. My wife really likes heated seats on a cold start.
[size=75]'02ZR5 YellowCruzCab-Airbox chopped,Quadlights,Intake defuser chopped,Precat chopped,HD Bilsteins, 9x16 '84 Corvette wheels, NEXEN 245/50 tires, front & rear Sway bars, All Poly bushings in full suspension, front lowered 3 1/2", ZR2 rearend with 5" suspension lowering , FUN FUN FUN
Torskdoc
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Torskdoc »

The heat will be an option. I can always add a set of aftermarket heater's.
2002 S-10 ZR-5 Quad-CAB
1995 GMC Jimmy 4Dr. SLT
Horsehammerr
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Horsehammerr »

That works fine. I just thought they all came with heat in the leather option. Mine did as part of the my ZR5 option, I know not all ZR5s came with leather. Mine also came with leather back seat as part of the package. :D 8)
roadrunner
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Re: 8 way pwr leather seats with 2 driver memory.

Post by roadrunner »

Torskdoc wrote:Maybe this new seat is the thing that will get her driving the CC more.
Now that's a new one :shock: ! You WANT your wife driving it MORE? :?: I'm happier when she stays out of my CC. :lol:
2001 CC LS, pewter, stock, 4.3,Wait4meperformance, CFM throttle blade, Helix throttle body spacer, 4spd auto, 3button electric 4x4 shift, heavy duty factory suspension, Bilsteins, 1" rear wheel spacers, skid plates.
Torskdoc
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Torskdoc »

Much as I like her G.A. I HATE Climbing DOWN into it more than she does. But it's her car. SO.....

I need to get her used to driving it before June, and faster than 50-55mph. Going to visit a friend in OKC I haven't seen in years and it a 2-1/2 day trip from my house in Baltimore. I DON'T want to drive 12 hours a day with no drive relief. Can't do it anymore. And I want to go faster than most 4 legged animals on the side of the road. :evil: Yep she's the proverbial lil ole lady when it comes to driving. It literally takes her a 1/2 hour to go to the walgreens and back(4 blocks). And there ain't nothin wrong with the car either.
2002 S-10 ZR-5 Quad-CAB
1995 GMC Jimmy 4Dr. SLT
roadrunner
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by roadrunner »

Yeah, I understand Doc. But it's nice to see somebody actually gives the possum or chicken as the case may be a chance to get across the road. :trex: :lol:
2001 CC LS, pewter, stock, 4.3,Wait4meperformance, CFM throttle blade, Helix throttle body spacer, 4spd auto, 3button electric 4x4 shift, heavy duty factory suspension, Bilsteins, 1" rear wheel spacers, skid plates.
Torskdoc
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Torskdoc »

Horsehammerr wrote:That works fine. I just thought they all came with heat in the leather option. Mine did as part of the my ZR5 option, I know not all ZR5s came with leather. Mine also came with leather back seat as part of the package. :D 8)
Can you take a pic of the back seat??? Wanna see what design it's got in case I run into one at the junkyard (pigs will have flown for 5 years and all politicians will have been honest 10!!!) or if I run into a fair amount of $$$ to have the seats recovered.

You wouldn't be interested in a trade, would ya?? :lol: :lol: :lol:
2002 S-10 ZR-5 Quad-CAB
1995 GMC Jimmy 4Dr. SLT
Torskdoc
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Rear seat too now.

Post by Torskdoc »

Went to the local Pick and Pull Y'day. Found 3 Bravada's and a Jimmy with Power/Leather Seats in Graphite. 2 of the Bravada's and the Jimmy were Gen 2's with Split 60/40 seats. Figured 4 sets of mounts and a whole lot of holes in the body to do the mounts, NO WAY! The 3rd Bravada was a '94. The seat is one piece. Went back this morning, Took the mounts with the seat and kicked in the Afterburners after paying the Pick & Pull $25.00!!!

Got home and found some 3/16 plate. Cut and bent to match the shape of the rear mounts on the CC and drilled 2 holes for the seat mount. Got some 3/8" nutserts and after heavily grinding interferences off the front legs and the mounts (fit and grind)drilled 4 holes for the front mounts. Seat has 1-2 inches of gap btwn it and the floor. Gonna have to go back and get the seatbelt buckes off the Bravada(they have the plastic covers to hold them up).

In case anyone is wondering, the extension piece on the center belt is NOT for those who have grown horizontally, it's for my dog. So whoever rides back there gets slobbered on by one HAPPY TO RIDE MUTT!

I'm quite happy with it now, even the cloth inserts in the doors can stay. My neighbor likes it better than his Cadillac. (He's an Old SGTMAJ. Reminds him of jeep he used to drive for the CG when he was a Buck Sgt.)

I think I'm done, But then again I thought once I was wrong, but I was mistaken. :roll: :roll:

Larry
2002 S-10 ZR-5 Quad-CAB
1995 GMC Jimmy 4Dr. SLT
Rockrz
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Rockrz »

So, I assume these bolt right in...right?

And, is the part that accepts male end of the seat belt connector...is that part of the seat?

I've heard that after '98, all these trucks have that seat belt part built into the seat.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Rockrz wrote:So, I assume these bolt right in...right?
YEEAH...rrright :lol:
I assume you did read what was done to mount them? :crazy:

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

It is mounted on the floor.
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
Rockrz
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Rockrz »

I thought all the drilling into the floor was referring to the back seat installation.

So, the Olds Bravada is a totally different body style?
It always looked very similar to me.

If they don't bolt into the stock locations in the floor, then I'll not consider Bravada seats.
24digger
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by 24digger »

This is the topic I was looking for.

I knew I wasn't loosing my mind. :lol:
[size=75]2002 Yellow Crewcab, Gaylord X2000 Lid, Ventvisors, Painted to match bugshield, Stepshields, K&N filter,rear swaybar, Bed X-tender,Window Tint, 1.25" wheel spacers,overhead console with trip computer, steering wheel with radio controls, bilsteins, optima redtop, taylor wires. flowmaster 40 muffler, energy suspension swaybar bushings[/size]
Jim

Post by Jim »

Rockrz wrote:I thought all the drilling into the floor was referring to the back seat installation.

So, the Olds Bravada is a totally different body style?
It always looked very similar to me.

If they don't bolt into the stock locations in the floor, then I'll not consider Bravada seats.
Same body as far as the series but the rear floor pans are different in the SUV, allowing room to have the seat fold flat, I know I really wanted to put a later model rear Bravada seat in mine but it's not worth the trouble.
I was able to compare the two side by side Since I have a 99 Bravada. but you may not know that. 8)
_STUCKY
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by _STUCKY »

Bump!

I looked at the web site for the "local" salvage yard (2 hours away) yesterday. Only 1 s-series with leather. Called them a minute ago, no dice :x

Is there a write up around here about how Torskdoc went about getting a console shifter in there? I'm sure it's not too difficult...

I assume a different steering column is in the mix there, but what else? How is the linkage setup?

Edit: looking at the first picture, it looks like he just took out the column shifter lever, and left the column.

Edit: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5678&p=72560&hilit=Seats#p72560

Ha, it was like 10 posts down on the search I was on when I found this :shock:

Edit: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6558&p=71535&hilit=Seats#p71535

Ha, found another one :shock: :shock:
mars2878
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by mars2878 »

There are plenty of write ups on that.
I haven't looked here, but they r definitely on s10forum.
Properly its the console, shifter, shift cable, column & I believe a bracket @ the transmission.
I've done it a few times on 1st gens.
01 Sonoma sls crew cab - 00 Camaro rims, lear cap w/additional led int light, reese hitch, 99 envoy dash outlets, 98 bravada switch plates & hvac knobs.
03 grand am se 3.4 auto sedan - 02 gt ram air induction parts, aftmkt taillights.
mars2878
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by mars2878 »

I'm more interested in how he did the 1st gen back seat???
01 Sonoma sls crew cab - 00 Camaro rims, lear cap w/additional led int light, reese hitch, 99 envoy dash outlets, 98 bravada switch plates & hvac knobs.
03 grand am se 3.4 auto sedan - 02 gt ram air induction parts, aftmkt taillights.
Torskdoc
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Torskdoc »

The Back seat is NOT MODIFIED in ANY WAY! I made 2 mount plates for the side mounts from 3/16" steel and drilled the holes to match the existing studs and holes for the seat and chassis studs. The Bottom strap mounts on the front had holes drilled in the floor, and mounted with class 8 bolts and nuts with fender washers. This allows me to remove all the leather seats and install the original cloth seats in 1 hour total.

Larry
2002 S-10 ZR-5 Quad-CAB
1995 GMC Jimmy 4Dr. SLT
_STUCKY
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by _STUCKY »

Could you get some detailed pictures for us, please?