Hitch lift

This is the place for all those mods

Moderator: F9K9

okie s10
Crew
Crew

Hitch lift

Post by okie s10 »

Didn't know whether to ask this here or in lift section, so here we are. Finished my 2" BL last week and have had my Reese hitch laying in the box for about a month. Dawned on me the other day that the hitch is now gonna be 2" to low. What's the easiest way to get that hitch up?
[size=75]---Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans............John Lennon[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

The search is your friend, The search is your friend, The search is your friend, The search is your friend, The search is your friend, ;)
Now memorize and repeat :lol:

Raising hitch after body lift

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
okie s10
Crew
Crew

Post by okie s10 »

Well I did search and search and search prior to my above post, just didn't find much on the Reese hitch. I suspose everyone knows it's a one piece hitch and don't think you can just redrill a few holes to make it work. Just wanted to confirm that I better get out my torch and rebuild the thing unless someone else had a better solution that I'm not seeing.
[size=75]---Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans............John Lennon[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

If you read that thread you will see that Bennie had the same problem. Cutting and welding is the only way for a one piece hitch. If you are comfortable with that, go for it. Otherwise you will need to sell the one piece and buy a three piece. Personally I think for the $100 a new three piece hitch runs, I would go that way. Try the local yards for one. Used they go for $50. Heck they might even trade ya.

Better to bring one of those threads back to life with new questions than start yet another thread. Others looking for the same information will not have to weed through five dozen threads to get all the information.

"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
- ThunderII KE7CSK
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

HenryJ wrote:If you read that thread you will see that Bennie had the same problem. ...........Better to bring one of those threads back to life with new questions than start yet another thread. ............
I have to concur with Brule here. Hit the 2nd line in my sig to get suggestions on searching. Don't feel bed. I am still learning but, I am a newbie.
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

One issue I think I've had with searching is that if someone has included one of my search words in their sig, it'll grab every post they've made. It's been a while since I've had to use search, but it seems like this happened alot when I did use it.
--Walt
2001 S-10 CrewCab - Retired...
okie s10
Crew
Crew

Post by okie s10 »

I agree, searching can sometimes be a chore. But yes, I should have brought up an old post on this. Brule, why don't you just move this post to the tail end of an old post.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

This forum does not have a merge function. I have many threads, I'd love to combine, but alas it is not an option.

- ThunderII KE7CSK