trush or fm50series

This is the place for all those mods

Moderator: F9K9

philippe
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

trush or fm50series

Post by philippe »

i have a cc2002 and it's a daly drive truck.i want to change muffler to have more exterior sound and power.i taught to put a magnaflow catalytic converter,a flow master series50 for lower interior resonance or a cherry bomb trush for it's low cost and it did good on a dodge of a friend.what do you think of my choice ?
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

I would not change the cat. The stock one is of a highflow design. Little if any would be gained by changing it.
Is the Cherry Bomb a glass pack muffler? If it is I would not go that way. While free flowing and sounding good at first. They just don't last long enough.

Choose a good free flowing muffler and you should be happy.
Consider , perhaps a larger diameter pipe from the cat back. Deleting the precat may or may not be another option.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
will1551
Regular
Regular

Post by will1551 »

go with the glasspack. at first i just hacked off my muffler and used flexi pipe to run it out the side just in front of the leaf spring..LOUD in the cab but it sounded awsome, then i started going deaf in my right ear so i decided it best to run it out the back lol. 2.25" pipes 12" glasspack and it sounds really good plus i feel like i picked up a little low end torque. again go with the glasspacks!
rlrnr53
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by rlrnr53 »

I agree with HJ, spend a little more and have a muffler that will last a lot longer. I learned my lesson years ago when I was replacing cheap mufflers at the rate of about a year.
[size=75]Mitch
2001 Polo Green Metallic, no mods,(can't afford any)[/size]
drperry
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by drperry »

I'm pretty happy with my DNA muffler... sounds pretty good... And it's not too loud, but definitely louder than stock...

Also, at full throttle you can hear the air flying out of the pipe :lol:

Drivers seat sound clip.

One more