31" BFG A/T ko
Cragar Black Soft 8 Wheels
Scan Gauge II
Flowmaster Super 40 2.5"in/3"out
Custom Bent Tailpipe
Custom Pushbar
Hella Model 500 Lights
White Glow Gauges

if anyone has a pis of a truck that would look like my description (BL, Tires, Black Rims, pushbar) id like to see how it looks
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

It's your baby but, I would recommend the shocks and daystar swaybar bushings in the top 3 :o Your exhaust is already 3" going into the cat. Why downgrade the system? Opinions are like ass_oles..............................
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
Rebel-Chevy
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Rebel-Chevy »

i forget where i measured the exhaust pipe at not sure if it was before or after the the muffler. im going to put off a little for the shocks and i dont think i need swaybar bushings... i need to get nuts for the swaybar, there are both gone.
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

The exhaust system consists of 2" down pipes, ---> 2-1/2" merge collector, ---> 2-1/2" pre-cat, ---> 3" in/out cat, ---> 2-1/2" pipe to muffler, ---> 2-1/2" muffler inlet, ---> 2-1/4" outlet, ---> and a 2-1/4" tailpipe. :wink:

You want a 2-1/2" in/out muffler with 2-1/2" mandrel bent tailpipe, or a 3" in/out muffler with a 3" tailpipe if the exhaust shop uses a crush bender for their exhaust tubing which 90% of the shops out there use.

Even if your sway bar bushings look ok, I can guarantee you will be happier with some polyurethane sway bar bushings and end links from Energy Suspension since they greatly improve handling. :D

Shocks (preferably Bilstein HD) should be at the top of your list since the stock shocks are very weak even when they are brand new. :(

Steve
Last edited by killian96ss on Mon Dec 10, 2007 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

There are no nuts on the oem swaybar set up. That whole round thing is threaded.
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
Rebel-Chevy
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Rebel-Chevy »

i need nuts on the swaybar, almost every time i go around a slow turn it klunks once and its not the axle's. why not go 2 1/2" in and 3" out? it goes in at 2 1/2" right?
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

Rebel-Chevy wrote:i need nuts on the swaybar, almost every time i go around a slow turn it klunks once and its not the axle's.
Are the threads stripped or something? :?

You should be able to tighten them down so that there is no movement at all even with the factory soft rubber end link bushings. :?
why not go 2 1/2" in and 3" out? it goes in at 2 1/2" right?
If you are referring to an aftermarket muffler then yes that would be the best way to do it. :)

Steve
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

The oem sway bar looks like it is missing nuts. It isn't. I thought the same thing. That concave washer "thingy" is threaded and leads one to believe it is missing a nut.

Where is there a nut missing from this "borrowed" GM diagram?

ImageImage
Rebel-Chevy
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Rebel-Chevy »

hmm i dont know but thats all i can think the "clunk" is...
and for the exhaust i was thinking flowmaster super 40 2 1/2" in/3" out... think it will sound like a ricer or a truck? ha ha ha
mudtaxi
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by mudtaxi »

what makes you think it is your sway bar have you checked your wheel bearings
Rebel-Chevy
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Rebel-Chevy »

i think its my swaybar because i noticed there were no nuts on it