Rhino "Thunder " Sport bar

This is the place for all those mods

Moderator: F9K9

rickscrewcab
Crew
Crew

Rhino "Thunder " Sport bar

Post by rickscrewcab »

I'm always on the lookout for new mods, so while surfing the great WWW, I came across this Sport Bar, so I thought I'd check it out. All the online sites and catalogs show them only available for full size trucks. I don't know if anyone had any interest in the Rhino Sports bars for their truck beds, but after some inquiries to the company, I found out that they will make custom bars to fit our size trucks, at no extra charge. They come in black ($195) or polished stainless steel ($349). You just have to download a copy of the custom order form. Some modifications are needed if you have a tonneau and want to continue using it. Contact a person named Jamie at Rhino: jamie@gorhino.com
You can check them out at:
http://gorhino.com/thunder-bar/thunder-bar.html

There are also several styles of inserts for the sides of your bars.
[size=75]2003 crewcab-flowmaster muffler w/dual exhaust and 12" stainless steel tips, cold air intake, color matched bug deflector, LED taillights, Lund tri-fold tonneau, projector foglights, clear corner lights, neft bars, billet grill, Huskey floor mats, molded mud flaps and a Hunter Grill guard. Mods for next years budget...2" body lift, fender flairs, bigger wheels and tires, CB radio.[/size]
T Man
Crew
Crew

Post by T Man »

any pics at all?
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Click on his link.
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
rickscrewcab
Crew
Crew

Post by rickscrewcab »

That guy is checking with his engineer to see exactly how much rail space is needed. The standard Sport bar I think is mounted in the stake pockets of trucks that have them, since they want the measurements (size and location). Without the pockets, the rails will have to be drilled and bolted. I asked for the amount of area the mounts need on the rail to see if it's feasable to modifly my tonneau for continued use. I'll keep you guys posted.

For pics, click this link:

http://gorhino.com/thunder-bar/thunder-bar.html
[size=75]2003 crewcab-flowmaster muffler w/dual exhaust and 12" stainless steel tips, cold air intake, color matched bug deflector, LED taillights, Lund tri-fold tonneau, projector foglights, clear corner lights, neft bars, billet grill, Huskey floor mats, molded mud flaps and a Hunter Grill guard. Mods for next years budget...2" body lift, fender flairs, bigger wheels and tires, CB radio.[/size]
jpturner928
Crew
Crew

Post by jpturner928 »

This would be great to add to the truck. I have been looking at them for awhile wishing they would build for the S10 CCs
[size=75]BE YOU
Do what you do[/size]
rickscrewcab
Crew
Crew

Post by rickscrewcab »

I'm still working out the exact measurements with them. Personally, I'm trying to work out a solution so I can still use my tonneau. :?: I may have to modify my cover a little.
If you don't have a tonneau, then contact Jamie at Rhino. He'll e-mail the form you'll need put your measurements on and order with. Without stake holes, you may have to bolt them directly to the bed rails.

jamie@gorhino.com
jpturner928
Crew
Crew

Post by jpturner928 »

That will work for me I wouldnt mind. I will Have to wait on ordering this for right now I have a baby coming in Dec and we are moving from England to FE Warren, Wy in Feb.
[size=75]BE YOU
Do what you do[/size]
rickscrewcab
Crew
Crew

Post by rickscrewcab »

Congratz on the baby...and Welcome back to the States!!!!
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Looking at it on their site and seeing that it is mounted utilizing the bed's stake holes makes me wonder if, they are aware the CCs don't have any.
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
rickscrewcab
Crew
Crew

Post by rickscrewcab »

They know now, but thats why they're willing to work with us. No extra charge for customs, we'll probably just have to drill and bolt them. I think they're looking for more exposure. They were at NEMA last week, that why it's taking so long getting all my questions answered. They had all thier techs there.
rickscrewcab
Crew
Crew

Post by rickscrewcab »

I was originally looking at the LUND cab fairings like the FASTBACK, but while taking my Grandson around for halloween, I actually saw one mounted on an Sierra, and I thought it looked cheap. It just looked too hollow...like something underneath was missing.

http://www.lundlook.com/lund_truck_prod ... truck.aspx