front clip removed.

This is the place for all those mods

Moderator: F9K9

cdnuser
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

front clip removed.

Post by cdnuser »

My front grill clip has shown some signs of fading so I decided to take it apart and do the touch ups myself. I painted it black and while I had it apart I decided to paint the bowtie. I went with a can of silver that was ment for toching up rims. I'll post some pics as soon as I get my computer working again.

Also while I had the front clip off I notice a small plug near the center of the rad, not plugged into anything. Not sure what it is for. Also notice a small nipple looking thing in front of the rad too.

I got a mass storage device error. Anyone know how to fix it? I will not allow me to use and storage devices such as memory cards or external hard drives.
04crewvt
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by 04crewvt »

Check device manager to see if there is a usb device error (Yellow exclamation point) if there is delete and try to reinstall. What Operating system are you using?
[size=75]Why does the universe decree that if you have all the time in the world to work on projects you have no money and vice versa?
Green 2004 ZR-5 w/ too much to list here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2296465[/size]
cdnuser
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by cdnuser »

04crewvt wrote:Check device manager to see if there is a usb device error (Yellow exclamation point) if there is delete and try to reinstall. What Operating system are you using?
I am running XP
04crewvt
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by 04crewvt »

Most if not all USB Mass Storage Devices should load without additional drivers. Try to check the device manager first, then try plugging in the device on a different port than it had been on. XP should prompt you to use drivers for Mass Storage device, select that option and see if you can see it in your My Computer as a new drive letter. If this does not work are any of your usb devices working? if not once again go into the device manager and delete all the usb options you find, once done reboot the system and let windows find and install the new devices it may ask for the installation disk (do not plug anything in to a usb port yet) once the system states the devices are installed try to install one of the external drives.
Hope this helps.
[size=75]Why does the universe decree that if you have all the time in the world to work on projects you have no money and vice versa?
Green 2004 ZR-5 w/ too much to list here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2296465[/size]
cdnuser
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by cdnuser »

Thanks for the info.

It all started when I uninstalled some software for a programmable calculator. It must have taken some drivers with it. I'll have to sit down tonight and check out the things you guys pointed out.

My wife gets so anrgy when things stop working on the computer and the only thing she really does on it is download pictures and thats what is broken. She wants me to buy an apple computer ever since we stopped in and got a test drive on one at the apple store.
04crewvt
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by 04crewvt »

Yea windows can be a challenge to keep running. I am about to go the next step and buy Vista Home Premium, my computer is starting to get flaky on Media Center 2004 and I figure it's time to try the new software out. I like the challenge so I am not too worried about problems just the time it will take to get all my setting and files backed up and transfered to the new drive I will be installing at the same time.