Getting my mods shopping list together, and I need some help

This is the place for all those mods

Moderator: F9K9

rickscrewcab
Crew
Crew

Getting my mods shopping list together, and I need some help

Post by rickscrewcab »

I've been wracking my brains :?: ever since I got my CC last summer about how I want to modify it. While I was browsing the internet (on company time of coarse! :lol: ) I ran across a picture of an all white Escalade that really caught my eye :idea: . So based on this picture (in a mini-truck way), I started developing my shopping list. Most things I've found either on the internet or in catalogs, except for one thing. I can't find replacement door handles for a 2003 CC :twisted: . Not in billet anyway. Has anyone ever painted the stock handles? Anybody have any ideas? :?: I want to get away from as much black as I can since my CC is already white. You guys can check out the images on my car domain page:

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2716085
[size=75]2003 crewcab-flowmaster muffler w/dual exhaust and 12" stainless steel tips, cold air intake, color matched bug deflector, LED taillights, Lund tri-fold tonneau, projector foglights, clear corner lights, neft bars, billet grill, Huskey floor mats, molded mud flaps and a Hunter Grill guard. Mods for next years budget...2" body lift, fender flairs, bigger wheels and tires, CB radio.[/size]
Country_Guy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Country_Guy »

I figured on of these other guy would have done that. Yes, I did paint the door handles on my old S-10 I had. It turned out great, the second time. The first time I used a cheap spray paint (all I could afford at the time). The second time I went to a automotive paint store and got a can of the "good stuff", then I got a can of clear finish (comes in a can). It turned out great and looked factory. Keep in mind if the handles are like the ones on mine in you rub your fingers across them they have a rough feeling (not smooth) you might have to go about 2 coats of paint and one of clear. (It didn't totally smooth it out but made it better than it was.

Here is a link to the type of paint you need and I opened it to the clear coat cover. http://www.automotivetouchup.com/spray_paint.asp

If you scroll down on the page a bit you will see the plastic adhesion promoter. It is a good idea, (I did it), if you shop around like I did I paid about 40 bucks minus the tax which is cheaper than if you could by handles for it.

Later, Zach
rickscrewcab
Crew
Crew

Post by rickscrewcab »

This is great, I'll be able to use this on the other black areas too, like the top of my rear bumper. Thanks
[size=75]2003 crewcab-flowmaster muffler w/dual exhaust and 12" stainless steel tips, cold air intake, color matched bug deflector, LED taillights, Lund tri-fold tonneau, projector foglights, clear corner lights, neft bars, billet grill, Huskey floor mats, molded mud flaps and a Hunter Grill guard. Mods for next years budget...2" body lift, fender flairs, bigger wheels and tires, CB radio.[/size]
Country_Guy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Country_Guy »

Yeah, you could if you want to. Right now I used industrial strength camo duct tape like what hunters use on a deer stand and what not. I covered all trim on the doors and trim on the rear quarter panel of my blazer as well as the door handles and the Chevy emblems on the grille and on the rear gate. The reason I did it the "hillbilly way" was because I can still get it off (it is diffivult) but even after its been on for awhile (just take some rubbing alcohol and peel it off - the rubbing alcohol takes the sticky off) - (I know this works because I did it first on my old truck to see if I liked it or not). Now what I am going to do in a few days is mask off the trim and one of my buddies is going to paint it green and do a neat hunter camo patern on it with an air brush, leaving the blazer lettering silver and then I will remove the door handles and he will do them. Then its on to the grille and lift gate Chevy emblems.

Oh and I will also pop off the dash trim and it will be done the same way.

Good Luck, Zach