My new pushbar

This is the place for all those mods

Moderator: F9K9

T Man
Crew
Crew

My new pushbar

Post by T Man »

Took some fairly major modification to make it fit as it was designed for a 2wd s10, but its in, and bolted in all snug. Strong enough I can jack on it and pick up the front of the truck.

HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Nice. I haven't seen that one before. What is it? You mention modifications to install it. How about some details :mg:

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
T Man
Crew
Crew

Post by T Man »

Im not sure what it is, where it is from, or what its supposed to be for. It was on a guy I work with's ZQ8 Sonoma, and I badgered him to sell it to me long enough he finally did. The brackets stuck it out from the truck about 1.5" more than I would have liked, so I cut those down, and then had to drill new mounting holes. It fits around the factory skidplate perfectly, but the bolts for the tow hooks are in the way, so my options were to re-drill the holes in the frame for those and move them outward, or notch the mounting bracket to fit around the bolts. I chose the latter....im not about to tear up my truck frame for a bolt on anything.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Sounds like you did it right. Looks like it was made for it.
Those lights down low like that will be good for fog and driving.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BADs Crew »

I like it :thumb:
[size=75]2001 S-10 Crew , A.R.E Cap, Limo tint windows, Halogen Back up lights. Bilstein Shocks, 1.5 Rear Spacers, Summit Rear Diff Cover Clear Bumper Lights, Carbon Altezza Tail Lights, Billet Grill. SS Step Bars. GM full front bra. ,,, GM Quote concerning the gurgling heater core " They all sound like that"[/size]
T Man
Crew
Crew

Post by T Man »

It makes my truck look so damn.....2wd now though, thats my only prob. with it.

They are lower than I would like, but with the lights slightly pointed outward they are EXCELENT ditch lights. High beams on, and lights on, its like driving during the day. I got a good deal with this, not only the lights, but a Pilot remote relay...read: no wires into the cab, just a keyfob style switch i mounted in our delete plate location. Im pretty happy with it right now, but looking at some sort of a dual beam light instead. I had 4 warn dual beam lights on an old suburban I had, had a pencil beam and a wide driving light and loved them.
BobbleSmitty
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BobbleSmitty »

T Man wrote:It makes my truck look so damn.....2wd now though, thats my only prob. with it.
Looks like your next step is a body lift, some bigger tires, and a Tbar crank! :)
[size=75]2004 S-10 Crew Cab ZR5 -*SOLD*-2" PA Body Lift - Air Shocks - 30x9.5" Cooper Discoverer S/T tires - 1.25" Rear Spacers - Clear Bumper Lights - Westin Safari - Light Bar w/ 100watt 6" Lights - Custom Stainless Steel V-force Dual Exhaust w/ 3" Black Chrome Slash Cut Tips - CB radio w/ 100watt PA speaker - Alpine MP3/CD Player - 10" JL Sub w/ 300watt amp - Low Profile - 'TonneauMasters' Tonneau Cover - In-channel Vent Visors - Airbox mod - Custom Front Tow Hooks - Debadged [/size]
T Man
Crew
Crew

Post by T Man »

Thats the sad thing........ive done the T bar crank, a body lift will keep that thing where its at, only waaay lower looking on the bumper, and I cant afford a big kid lift (SAS, f*** ifs)
tyhackman15

Post by tyhackman15 »

If it's at all possible, try mounting it so the bottom mounts where the tow hooks are located.

That would make your truck look higher, and give you at least some approach angle. :lol:
T Man
Crew
Crew

Post by T Man »

meh, instead of cutting fitting and such im just gonna save my pennies for some sort of a small stinger for up there