Replacing the carpet in the truck...

This is the place for all those mods

Moderator: F9K9

purduecrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Replacing the carpet in the truck...

Post by purduecrew »

So, has anyone removed the carpet from their crew cab?

With 101,000 miles, my carpet smells moldy on damp days, due to me getting snow, water, pig poo, and various other things smeared into my carpet. Its discolored in spots, and just looks bad. I have a yellow lab that I also love to pieces. SO, what I was thinkin of doing, was bed-lining the raw metal underneath and then replacing the carpet with like a rubber floor like you would find in "work-model" pick up trucks from the dealer. From experience they are a piece of cake to clean, and not too noisy. This rubber mat would facilitate in cleaning up dog hair after "Bo" would go for a ride, and also forbid he relieve himself in the back seat. Im considering removing my rear bench seat anyways, and getting seat covers up front, so I can wash them at a moments notice. Opinions, thoughts, suggestions???
[size=75]2003 Black CC
Hot Feet Fix - Quad Light Mod - 30x9.5 BFG A/T -PA3's - Boise Spring Works Kit - PCM TUNE
COMING: ?[/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Pull everything except the driver's seat but have it ready to pull. Take it to a professional and have them clean clean it. I did that to my extended cab Z and it came out like new.
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BADs Crew »

I replaced the carpet in my last S-10 and I am going to replace the carpet in the Blazer very soon. Its a very easy job with a lot of reward when its done. When I sold my 87 S the guy that bought it opened the door and raved over the interior. It was the selling point that got me more money than the truck blue booked for.
[size=75]2001 S-10 Crew , A.R.E Cap, Limo tint windows, Halogen Back up lights. Bilstein Shocks, 1.5 Rear Spacers, Summit Rear Diff Cover Clear Bumper Lights, Carbon Altezza Tail Lights, Billet Grill. SS Step Bars. GM full front bra. ,,, GM Quote concerning the gurgling heater core " They all sound like that"[/size]
MARBLEYARD
Crew
Crew

Post by MARBLEYARD »

Not quite the most cost efective way of doing it but, maybe a spray on? EASY clean up, just drill a few holes to drain and no more pig poo on the floor boards :lol:
[size=75]’03 S10 CC, thule roof rack, brush guard, painted to match bowtie, running boards, and vent visors, ’56 “chevrolet” badge on tailgate, air box mod w/ K&N filter, Gibson cat back exhaust, 100% synthetic Mobil 1 since day 1, Kenwood deck, tow package, freedom grill [/size]
purduecrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by purduecrew »

Reed I really wanna try that, but the only thing I can think is this:

I dont know how much they would charge to do that but, that money could be applied to a new piece of carpet( ya know, smells all new and nice) or it could be put towards the rubber mat idea. Only other thing is, dog hair DOES NOT wanna come out of carpet, as im sure alot of you know. I guess Im looking for like the most comfortable yet cleanable flooring out there...and I dont want to make the truck look cheap in the process.
[size=75]2003 Black CC
Hot Feet Fix - Quad Light Mod - 30x9.5 BFG A/T -PA3's - Boise Spring Works Kit - PCM TUNE
daevans315
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by daevans315 »

You can always pull out the current carpet. Have it cleaned or clean it yourself out of the truck. Do the spray in bed liner idea. Then when you are ready to sell.. slap the carpet back in.

Be ready for some serious road noise. I've ridden in a lot of auto x cars with the carpet and isolation removed. They are LOUD. Its AMAZING how many rocks hit the bottom of your vehicle just driving down the road. The bed liner might help.
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

purduecrew wrote:.............dog hair DOES NOT wanna come out of carpet, as im sure alot of you know...................

<<<<<<<Retired police K9 handler (13 yrs with hairy partners) and yes I know all about dog hair not wanting to come out. Contact your local Stanley Steamer (or similar outfit) and tell them what you want to do. Tell them that you will come to them! All they need to do is perform their magic on 100 sq ft (over estimated) and what will it cost. They have specials to clean one household room for $99 so you should be 1/4 of that.

Yes, I looked at rubber flooring like police packages have when I got my CC and didn't have much luck finding something to fit.

BTW, I own high dollar Kirby and Electrolux Vacuums but, those dastardly hairs find their way into carpet and cloth seats standing on their ends and sometimes you just need to grab one at a time to keep it from burrowing deeper.
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
purduecrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by purduecrew »

yah i forgot all about that, hence f9k9. wow, school is making me dumber i think. anyways, well i guess i could give the carpet steamer cleaner guys a chance, maybe try the liner idea first, and if absolutely terrified, just put it back in. Wonder if the full size version could me made to fit?? I dunno, I just need something low maintenance, and picking out dog hair one at a time, well, yah, thats not gonna save me much time I would guess...
[size=75]2003 Black CC
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

The floor mat / liners would help. I have Conman's old mats and they are GREAT!
Highland floor guard liners look similar to mine.

Cabela's has some seat covers that might be the ticket for a dog in the back seat. A friend just ordered some for his fullsize.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BADs Crew »

Here is some, Carpet and here is where I purchased my Mats
[size=75]2001 S-10 Crew , A.R.E Cap, Limo tint windows, Halogen Back up lights. Bilstein Shocks, 1.5 Rear Spacers, Summit Rear Diff Cover Clear Bumper Lights, Carbon Altezza Tail Lights, Billet Grill. SS Step Bars. GM full front bra. ,,, GM Quote concerning the gurgling heater core " They all sound like that"[/size]
purduecrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by purduecrew »

I think I know what BADs stands for... BADA** :lol:

dude ive been looking for weeks, I kid you not, and viola, molded vinyl flooring for a crew cab. You rock!!
[size=75]2003 Black CC
BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BADs Crew »

I would call before I ordered online. Look at the years. The crew cab was not sold in the US until 2001. Why they have the years listed 1997 - 1999 is beyond me. I believe the truck was made then but not sold here. Was there a different body? Call Them!!
purduecrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by purduecrew »

WOW, ok back to square one. Stupid old woman. Shes was a real bi***!

I politely asked her about the year discrepancy, and told her i have an O3. She says it wont fit. I said ok, then what would that application fit, and she says the 97-99 Crew Cab, and then I told her politely, those dont exist, and she hung up the phone. interesting....
[size=75]2003 Black CC
BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BADs Crew »

I called them after I read your post and got the same kind of a response but it was a man that I talked to. He also hung up on me. Nice customer service. :crazy: I'll search around some more and see what I come up with.
purduecrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by purduecrew »

hmmm, they have a listing for blazers on there and rubber floors. i wonder how far off the blazer and the crew cab floors are off? Can anyone confirm or deny the hump under the back seat in a blazer like the crew cabs have? I dont mind trimming, but I wouldnt tolerate wrinkling or un snug fit....
[size=75]2003 Black CC
BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BADs Crew »

The Blazer has a hump but it is 19" off the back of the center console. In the crew it measures around 11". It may work but you would have to cut it at the hump and pull the it forward. I will keep looking for you but it doesn't look promising.
BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BADs Crew »

You want to call this company and ask them about the year? I took the last beating. :lol:
purduecrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by purduecrew »

hahaha no problem. my roomates always tell me the only time i get mad is on the phone :lol:
[size=75]2003 Black CC
green02crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by green02crew »

Did you guys ever find out if any of this flooring fit?I noticed it still states 97-99 on their website. Thinking about getting a dog in the future and would like to find something to make cleaning easier.
2002 S-10 Crew Cab
Too Many Mods Check the Readers Rides Page
BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BADs Crew »

A quick search found these.

Autostyles and Stock Interiors
The first link I gave in this post now has changed the years on their S-10 Crew carpet but I wouldn't buy a glass of water from them in the desert if I was dying of thirst. Very nasty customer service. :x
roadrunner
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by roadrunner »

green02crew wrote:Did you guys ever find out if any of this flooring fit?I noticed it still states 97-99 on their website. Thinking about getting a dog in the future and would like to find something to make cleaning easier.
They're kinda pricey but LMC has some options that might work for you. 8)
2001 CC LS, pewter, stock, 4.3,Wait4meperformance, CFM throttle blade, Helix throttle body spacer, 4spd auto, 3button electric 4x4 shift, heavy duty factory suspension, Bilsteins, 1" rear wheel spacers, skid plates.