The Big Trip

This is the place for all those mods

Moderator: F9K9

Taylorized
Regular
Regular

The Big Trip

Post by Taylorized »

In two weeks I leave to go to Sturgis South Dokota!!! It is roughy 1000 miles one way. I will be pulling a 6x12 cargo trailor with my Harley and gear. My truck has 30,000 miles on it I have a cold air intake and a flowmaster cat back system. I have trailor brakes and will be running torsion bars. I have plans to change the oil & filter do a tranny filter change & install a tranny cooler.
Is there anything I am missing?
What else should I do to the truck before I leave?
I just installed new wheel bearings on the trailor & checked the brakes.
Any suggestion would be great!
2004 S10 Crewcab 4WD Cap
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Give it a good looking over. Check the belt , tire pressures, fluid levels, cap, and rotor. Give it a dose of injector cleaner and a new air freshener.
You are probably in fine shape for the trip. Don't worry about the truck. It will do just fine. Enjoy the trip and tell us all about it when you get back :mg:

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

HenryJ wrote:................Enjoy the trip and tell us all about it when you get back :mg:
And PM me some pics because I am sure they will not meet Brule's family oriented site guidlines :lol:
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
doughboy5499
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by doughboy5499 »

A couple of guys I work with are riding there harleys out there. What a trip.
[size=75]SOLD 2001 Red Sonoma CC Billet grille, nerf bars, Tek-Style tonneau, Silverstars, air box mod, K&N, Pioneer DEH P7700MP, Ventvisors, weather-tech floor mats, Rancho RS5000, 15% window tint
FOR SALE 2001 black Ford F-150 xlt 6" Fabtech susp. lift. 3" Body lift. MT wheels, Durango 315/75/16 tires, Pioneer DEH7700MP, Ventvisors, tint, hood scoop(bolt on), tool box, westin brush guard[/size]
WVHogRider
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Re: The Big Trip

Post by WVHogRider »

Taylorized wrote:Is there anything I am missing?
What else should I do to the truck before I leave?
Any suggestion would be great!
2004 S10 Crewcab 4WD Cap
You forgot to make room for me and my scoot. :wink: J/K. Actually, you can e-mail me some of those pics. that f9k9 requested as well. :wink:
[size=75]'01 CC w/ a bunch of Mods. More always on the way.
Realization...All women need medication...Just find one on the right medication & make sure she stays on it!!!![/size]
border man
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by border man »

Real bikers ride to Sturgis!!! lol Have fun!!
[size=75]I didn't do it, it was already like that when I got it.[/size]