debadge

This is the place for all those mods

Moderator: F9K9

Connerbug

debadge

Post by Connerbug »

How would I get the S-10 decals of the side of my truck. Would it mess up the paint or what??
WVHogRider
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by WVHogRider »

First off, Welcome. :wave:

If I remember right, I sawed through the foam tape on the backside of the badges with some dental floss, ( I didn't want to break the badges just prying them off), and then I hit the remaining foam tape with some WD40 or Goo Gone. :wink:

Removing the badges will not mess up the paint. However, once you have all the tape removed and depending on how well taken care of you paint is around the badge, you may notice the nice shiny paint where the decal was and the scratched paint around it.

:wink: The tip to getting the paint to match up is to find a mud hole, go through it several times and then wash the truck. :lol: Or your could just wetsand the paint and buff it out, but that would take the fun out of it... :?

Actually, I still have to finish removing a little of the remaining tape from the tailgate, :oops: :lol:

Others should chime in after a while.
[size=75]'01 CC w/ a bunch of Mods. More always on the way.
Realization...All women need medication...Just find one on the right medication & make sure she stays on it!!!![/size]
gocntry
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by gocntry »

WVHogRider wrote:If I remember right, I sawed through the foam tape on the backside of the badges with some dental floss, ( I didn't want to break the badges just prying them off), and then I hit the remaining foam tape with some WD40 or Goo Gone. :wink:

Yep, Same Here Except I Used A Piece Of Fishing String And Did Mine In The Middle Of A 95* Day......Goo Gone To Finish The Job

And Welcome To The Forum........ :wave:
The Crew Is Gone, Now I Have A Hoe
WVHogRider
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by WVHogRider »

gocntry wrote:
WVHogRider wrote:If I remember right, I sawed through the foam tape on the backside of the badges with some dental floss, ( I didn't want to break the badges just prying them off), and then I hit the remaining foam tape with some WD40 or Goo Gone. :wink:

Fishing String
:oops:
Yeah, it was fishing string now that you reminded me. :wink: Although the floss may work too.
[size=75]'01 CC w/ a bunch of Mods. More always on the way.
Realization...All women need medication...Just find one on the right medication & make sure she stays on it!!!![/size]
barch97
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by barch97 »

WVHogRider wrote:Although the floss may work too.
and leave your truck smelling minty fresh :lol:
[size=67][i]"Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs."[/i][/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

I like to warm them up with a heat gun for removal. Liquid universal adhesive remover works pretty good on the glue.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
Connerbug

Post by Connerbug »

Thanks ya'll. I appreciate it.
MARBLEYARD
Crew
Crew

Post by MARBLEYARD »

The heat gun or hair dryer is key. I used a hair dryer to remove the chevrolet and s10 off my tailgate VERY VERY slowly. I had to drill holes to mount my new badge though.Image
[size=75]’03 S10 CC, thule roof rack, brush guard, painted to match bowtie, running boards, and vent visors, ’56 “chevrolet” badge on tailgate, air box mod w/ K&N filter, Gibson cat back exhaust, 100% synthetic Mobil 1 since day 1, Kenwood deck, tow package, freedom grill [/size]
border man
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by border man »

MARBLEYARD wrote:Image
SWEET BBQ :drool:
[size=75]I didn't do it, it was already like that when I got it.[/size]
crew cab sonoma
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by crew cab sonoma »

once i removed the badges off of my tailgate, a friend of mine, who works at a bodyshop, brought an "eraser wheel" as he called it, to me. its designed just for removing the remaining adhesive, without harming the paint beneath it...

its about a 6" diameter rubber like wheel that attaches to regular drill...
after my friend repeatedly assured me this this would do absolutely no harm to my paint, he showed me how to use it...

its amazing! it just grinds the adhesive right off the surface, without even the slightest scratch to the paint.

it really makes you really nervous at first, but it works beautifully....
[size=75]Lee

01 Sonoma Crew Cab 2.21 60ft. 10.24 @ 66.5 mph (1/8mi.)(SOLD)
00 Sonoma Ext. Cab 4WD. front axle removed, Torsen diff. W4M pcm. 2.10 60ft. 9.64 @ 71.0 mph (1/8 mi.)[/size]
MARBLEYARD
Crew
Crew

Post by MARBLEYARD »

It's a wonderful thing to remove goo and pin stripes, just be sure you move it around in an up and down motion(probably like he told you) or you WILL burn through your paint!
[size=75]’03 S10 CC, thule roof rack, brush guard, painted to match bowtie, running boards, and vent visors, ’56 “chevrolet” badge on tailgate, air box mod w/ K&N filter, Gibson cat back exhaust, 100% synthetic Mobil 1 since day 1, Kenwood deck, tow package, freedom grill [/size]
groceryman
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by groceryman »

I just finished debadging the crew today used a hairdryer and goo-gone for the sticky stuff and mothers cleaner -wax for the brown ring it left around the emblem. looks great.