How to turn off headlights

This is the place for all those mods

Moderator: F9K9

CWard

How to turn off headlights

Post by CWard »

I have automatic headlights/ day time running lights w/e.. i want to be able to turn them off at night sometimes but i dont know how to. I have the light sensor in my speaker panel so they switch from day time running lights to the automatic headlights when it gets dark enough. I know theres a little trick where you push the dome light button a certain way to cut them off and it works on my mom's tahoe but i can't get it to work. i'm not sure if its because i'm not doing it right or what. I dont want to pull any fuses or bypass the light sensor or anything, i just want to have the option to turn off the lights really easy like that button thing would allow me to do. Does anyone know the sequence?
Jigg
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Jigg »

[size=75][url=http://www.synergyoffroad.com]Synergy Offroad[/url][/size]
barch97
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by barch97 »

press and release the dome override button a few times in quick succession. you'll hear a chime tone to let you know you've disabled the automatic lights. note: every time you start the truck it resets the automatic lights. so, you'll have to do it manually every time you want to turn them off.
[size=67][i]"Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs."[/i][/size]
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

Barely depress the emergency brake. Make sure it doesn't go down enough to actually engage the brake though. You'll have to manually turn them after that.
--Walt
2001 S-10 CrewCab - Retired...
Snoman002
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Snoman002 »

I'm assuming the Blazer in you Avatar?

In my 99 Bravada none of little tricks work (aka, dome over ride or emergency brake). In mine the dome override button does nothing to the DRL's. I'm not sure if the emergency brake will override the DRL's, but I'm fairly sure that the AHL's will turn on the headlights as soon as the truck is put into gear, regardless of if the emergency brake is pressed.
[size=75][b]1991 GMC Sonoma Extended Cb[/b] - 4.3L Automatic, 2" BL, 31" BFG's.
[b]1992 Chevy T-10 Reg Cab[/b] - 4.3L 5spd, 3" Bl, 31" Mud Tires. Hooker long tube headers and true duals.
[b]1999 Oldsmobile Bravada[/b] - Wifes truck, all stock.[/size]
ericsgmcjimmy

Post by ericsgmcjimmy »

I installed a 860 ohm resistor to turn off the automatic headlights in my 1999 GMC Jimmy. After that, to turn off the lights completely, barely press down the parking brake until the lights shut off. The dome light over ride method does not work in my vehicle.
[size=75]1999 GMC Jimmy 4 door, 2" body lift, 31" Interco Trxus MT, Daystar lift shackles and more
www.cardomain.com/ride/2214879 www.putfile.com/ericsgmcjimmy[/size]