Goodmark Hoods

This is the place for all those mods

Moderator: F9K9

mjmcdowell
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Goodmark Hoods

Post by mjmcdowell »

Hello all ....... Need advice/comments/ firsthand knowledge. Have any of you changed out your stock Sonoma hood for a "Good Mark" hood that has the air vent back near the wind shield? My CC does not run hot at all even under sever conditions however it gets hotter than blue blazes under the hood and I think if there is any temperature reduction in the engine compartment that it might be good mod. It is not cheap so if it is only a minimal change it would not be worth the cost of hood, painting and instalation wich would be about a little less than a grand. My time line would be next spring hence the $ figuring after research. What say you all?, stay safe, mjmcdowell
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Several of us are running the Goodmark hoods.

Goodmark cowl induction hoods
HenryJ where did you get your hood?
Hoods

The first gen hood can be bought for $250-$300 easily. Add $95-$125 for shipping. At most you should not have more than $425 for a hood delivered.
Now for matched paint. I was told $200 per panel. That would be $400 for both sides. That puts you at $825 worst case scenario. Your estimate should be a good one. With some effort you may do better though. Mine was $260. Delivery to a business address ran $95. With some trade work my paint cost $125. So, I am in mine $480. Costs for the insulation and fasteners are minimal, perhaps another $20 in materials.
Expect some body work. The hoods are not perfect. You may find some small work that needs to be done for it to be really straight. That should be in my guestimate above already.

Some things to think about:

Painting the underside of the hood black will save you some money and be a cheaper repaint when or if you sell the hood.

I painted my venting on the back of my hood black. I think it looks better than the holes in the metal showing.

Sell your old hood to offset costs. The bodyshop doing the paint work may be interested, or a local salvage yard may sell it for you?

It is probably not a cost effective mod unless some of the performance you get from it is the "look". I bought one because I wanted one. Justifying it as a relief for underhood temperatures was just a bonus :mg:

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK