off-road lights on the luggage rack of the ZR5

This is the place for all those mods

Moderator: F9K9

bad bowtie
Regular
Regular

off-road lights on the luggage rack of the ZR5

Post by bad bowtie »

The past weekend I installed 4 Pro Comp 55W 5" off-road lights on my truck. I used a piece of aluminum that was 3/8" thick by 1" wide. I put that into the groove where the crossbars slide in, right in the front of the rack. Then I put screwed each end to the rack and then slide the crossbar right behind it. I ran the wires down the rack, down the groove of the rear window, under the truck, and then through the firewall. They work great and look great too.
2002 crewcab ZR5 -- dark metallic blue , 2" PA bodylift , 1.5"torsion bar and shackle lift , 31" BFG all-terrians , K&N airfilter and 40 series , Flowmaster exhaust , Leer 100XQ cap , AND MUCH MORE!!
Warnoffroad
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Warnoffroad »

Lets see some pics. Hows that Flow master 40? Dual out?
bad bowtie
Regular
Regular

Post by bad bowtie »

I don't have any pictures yet but in the future I will get some. The flowmaster exhaust is great. I wouldn't get anything else. It is in the stock location. Just cut out the old muffler and put that one in. Costed me $100.
2002 crewcab ZR5 -- dark metallic blue , 2" PA bodylift , 1.5"torsion bar and shackle lift , 31" BFG all-terrians , K&N airfilter and 40 series , Flowmaster exhaust , Leer 100XQ cap , AND MUCH MORE!!
Warnoffroad
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Warnoffroad »

Do you have dump offs, or tail pipes? Does it have a deep sound or does it sound kinda of hondaish.
bad bowtie
Regular
Regular

Post by bad bowtie »

My truck sounds almost like a full size does. It has a deep tone to it. I think it sounds great. I had it on my 96 S-10 ZR2 and it got even deep and better at 30000 miles or so. My exhaust is stock other then the muffler and exhaust tip.