This is the place for all those mods

Moderator: F9K9

Razorback
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Any News from Mikes LS1 Crew Flares?

Post by Razorback »

Has anyone heard from Mike about if he was going to make the crew flares? :?:
Last edited by Razorback on Fri Oct 13, 2006 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

No. It would not hurt to ask again. His Blazer flares are not yet in production, as far as I know. Those may take priority and it has taken a long time thus far.

I would say don't get your hopes up. I had high hopes early on, but the wait was too long. The Skidz flares looked like the way to go, but Justin lost interest pretty quickly and there were some "issues".

It is a long shot but it may be worth our time to fill out the form on the Bushwacker website requesting a new product...crew cab cut-out flares.

If you hear any information, be sure to let us know :mg:

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
Razorback
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Razorback »

Appreciate your input and i'll pay close attention to ZR2USA.com
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

I don't know if Reed (F9K9) is still waiting for someone else, but Sonoma915 has a set of Skidz cutout flares for sale in the classifieds forum.
--Walt
2001 S-10 CrewCab - Retired...
bubaloo1983
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by bubaloo1983 »

i did not loose interest.... i lost money. the main reason i see mike giving up rather quikly aswell, if he ever finsihes the flares. can anyone figure out why it takes him so long to get them done? because the molds alone are 5000$ and thats just for wood. to fiber glass them up is another 4 grand. Then to prototype them is another grand then for material its another 5000$, then you can finally take orders. mean while your in the hole over 10 thousound. He is obviously doing each step at a time so he can afford it, and personally i respect the man for taken it slow because to fork out that kinda money in hopes that all these people say they are going to buy them buy them, is pretty brave. Then to some it all up these trucks are out of production and every day less and less people own them or want to put any more money into them.
[size=75]2003 ZR5 GMC Sonoma, SFA dana30, 35 inch tires, 4.10 gears, Cut out flares. Chrome Denali grill, custom made skid plates, shackles and badging

www.customskidplates.com[/size]
Razorback
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Razorback »

I totally understand were your coming from bubaloo. (Especally the money factor and time because the rear fenders of our trucks would be quite a difficult task)

I was just wanting to see if Mike had any plans in the works or has given it some thought.. :idea:

By the way Bubaloo in the near future i am planning on doing a solid axle swap using front and rear Dana 44's from a Waggy with a Spring over 2 1/2 inch Skyjacker Cherokee springs for the front and some extra leafs to the rear stock leaf spring and maybe a block for the rear.

a spring over alone will give you about 6 1/2 inches + my 2 inch BL + the lifted 2 1/2 inch cherokee springs from skyjacker. (I would like to be able to run 37's on some nice 20's)....... does this sound good :shock: 8)
bubaloo1983
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by bubaloo1983 »

not knocking your interest at all. im like you as the customer i want them now well they are still good to me. Im just knocking other opinions that seem to wear themselves out after awhile.

anyway your set up sounds good. just do lots of planning trim them fenders and take your time. AND make sure the mod is for you. i loved it on my truck but i hated the ride and steering qualities plus dont go to much lift or you will have other problems you didnt even know would happen. i think i was 18 inches over stock or so, 2 inch body lift, shackles 6 inch lift springs front and back blocks in the rear plus how the front was set up with shackles and hangers. i was pretty tall i looked down on f-350s with mild lifts.
[size=75]2003 ZR5 GMC Sonoma, SFA dana30, 35 inch tires, 4.10 gears, Cut out flares. Chrome Denali grill, custom made skid plates, shackles and badging

Razorback
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Razorback »

bubaloo1983 wrote:not knocking your interest at all. im like you as the customer i want them now well they are still good to me. Im just knocking other opinions that seem to wear themselves out after awhile.

anyway your set up sounds good. just do lots of planning trim them fenders and take your time. AND make sure the mod is for you. i loved it on my truck but i hated the ride and steering qualities plus dont go to much lift or you will have other problems you didnt even know would happen. i think i was 18 inches over stock or so, 2 inch body lift, shackles 6 inch lift springs front and back blocks in the rear plus how the front was set up with shackles and hangers. i was pretty tall i looked down on f-350s with mild lifts.
(was your truck to big for 37's) :shock:
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

Razorback, check out this thread. Might help you in your lift plans, depending on what you want to do with your truck.
--Walt
Razorback
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Razorback »

LS1 Flares on a BlaZeR2

There is a guy how put Mikes LS1 flares on the front of his blazer but i think the rear was moded by trimming his stock flares...

Walt,I think i will just stick with SFA because of it's simplicity and it is easier to grease and less moving parts to worry about. Thats just my personel opinion...(i have nothing to brag about ifs because it does offer smooth quality riding).
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Mike has the front flares available. Just check out Diversified Creations.

I believe he went with aluminum molds. His time was not all dedicated to the flares. He was starting the business and that took priority. Patience is an asset that he has.

The fronts could be used alone, but I have seen some questionable installs, or at least the pictures looked that way.

Here is the thread - LS1 "Cut-out" Flares - Now available!

Right now cutting and going flareless is the best option. If that is not an option for you , then perhaps some NOS Skidz flares, or adapt some Bushwackers. We never did find out if the '97 Ford F-150 flares would work.

"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
- ThunderII KE7CSK
Razorback
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Razorback »

Henry J i filled out a request for our trucks but i dont know which coverage to choose.. (33's with stock and 35's with 2inch body lift would be the best setup).... I picked 4" so i guess that is good enough......
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Thanks! Who knows someday they might make some :mg:

- ThunderII KE7CSK
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Walt wrote:I don't know if Reed (F9K9) is still waiting for someone else, but Sonoma915 has a set of Skidz cutout flares for sale in the classifieds forum.
I dated my Online bank check to go out today. If, Razorback wants them then, he needs to contact SONOMA915 ASAP. If, he agrees not to cash my check and to wait on razorback, he is more than welcome to them. I purchased them as an investment. Once they are in my hands, I am afraid that greed will takeover for the need of mods :lol:
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
Razorback
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Razorback »

Reed you can go ahead and buy them.......:D

I think i am just going to wait and see on mike for his LS1 flares or if Bushwacker comes out with a flare for our crews...
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Thanks, I just wanted to be fair. Good luck with Copeland's flares :)
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
Razorback
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Razorback »

I have an old issue of Trucks magazine..

In issue number 36 with the blue lifted full size chevy their is several pages talking about how to install the Superlift 6inch and it shows a blue S-10 crew cab that looks like it has Bushwackers cut out fender flares for the front and rear.... (i wonder how he was able to make it work).
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

That's probably KCustom's truck. Superlift used his truck as a testbed for the prototype 6" S-10 lift. He molded his own flares, and almost started selling them. I've seen his truck photochopped into atleast half a dozen different colors. It's actually pewter. :)
--Walt
Razorback
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Razorback »

Walt wrote:That's probably KCustom's truck. Superlift used his truck as a testbed for the prototype 6" S-10 lift. He molded his own flares, and almost started selling them. I've seen his truck photochopped into atleast half a dozen different colors. It's actually pewter. :)
Thaks for the info. (yeah those fenders look good)
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Razorback wrote:I have an old issue of Trucks magazine..

In issue number 36 with the blue lifted full size chevy their is several pages talking about how to install the Superlift 6inch and it shows a blue S-10 crew cab that looks like it has Bushwackers cut out fender flares for the front and rear.... (i wonder how he was able to make it work).
Is this the one? SEMA 2003 S10 Crew with big flares, there are scans of the article in this thread - Holy Poop (2003 SEMA crew).

I am not 100% , but I think those were indeed modded Bushwacker flares.

- ThunderII KE7CSK
Razorback
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Razorback »

I dont think that that was it..... The one i was talking about was solid blue with fender flares that looked like Bushwacker cut-out flares for the front and rear....
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Well then , Walt is right. That is KC's truck. It has indeed been photochopped to many different colors.

Here is his album - KCustom

I've seen this photo altered a few times

- ThunderII KE7CSK
Razorback
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Razorback »

Yeah thats diffenetly K Customs cool truck because of the fender flares and wheel and tires....

By the way does anybody know what brand nerfbars and bedrails come on a stock ZR5 and what color ZR5 sticker comes a pewter color ZR5 because i am planning on turning my Crew cab into a ZR5 but without the roofrack and star shaped wheels....

:o( By the way thanks for the ARkansas Razorback profile picture) :D

You're welcome :wave: -HJ
Razorback
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Razorback »

Can anyone help me out about who makes the stock ZR5 bedrails and nerfbars or side step bars.. :(
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

You'd have to go through GM to get the original parts, and that would probably be rediculously expensive considering the price of OEM accessories. Your best bet would be to get a set of Westin nerf bars, and matching color bedrails, then check out Decal King for a set of Zr5 stickers.
--Walt
Razorback
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Razorback »

I guess some blue Rino nerfbars or Westin would be good but i do like the factory bedrails over the Putco and i am planning on getting some BAK bed side covers to hide all of the scratches and paint chips from were the original owner had a Camper shell put on... :cry

Decal King however didn't have any ZR5 stickers displayed and my dad knows the service manager at the GM place and he could probably could give us a good deal.. :roll:

i guess solid white was the pewter body colored ZR5 sticker(not sure)
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

Decal King does custom work too, that's how I got my smaller 4x4 sticker.
--Walt
Razorback
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Razorback »

does anyone know about makeing fender flares (makeing the molds how to use the material in the molds and measurements to make the mold like the right deapth length and width would all have to be incorporated into the mold design...

Pics would be nice :wink:

I guess ABS would be the best way to go..

I would like to make K Customs fenders but the cost would be heafty and i would probably go with Justins fenders later on when the SFA project gets started and finished... :D
bubaloo1983
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by bubaloo1983 »

you can have the skidz molds for 1500 bucks :) no joke. all you need is to find a plastic shop and you can make the flares. :)