Tool box for CC

This is the place for all those mods

Moderator: F9K9

Andy L.

Tool box for CC

Post by Andy L. »

First off - this is a great site you have. I have found lots of great information on it so far. What I haven't found a lot on is tool boxes though.

I am searching for a black alum tool box for my '02 Sonoma. Preferably I would like to have one of the "notched" styled boxes that has the added section that fits between the wheel wells.

Delta was going to make a box but then discontinued it, UWS appears to make one, but black isn't an option.

So if anyone can help me out that would be greatly appreciated!

-Andy
top_sgt
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by top_sgt »

welcome to the gang!!!!

can't help on the box though!!!
2004 S10 CC ZR5 4x4 >> traded for a 2006 F150 supercrew!!
mjmcdowell
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Tool box

Post by mjmcdowell »

Welcome to the forum Andy! check out deltastorage.com, I have one on my truck now on 2 yrs. with no problems at all. Mine is composit but very strong and a dark grey in color. My CC is "Onex black" and it blends well with the bed liner and rail cap's, I have fabbed brackets to hold a 48" High-Lift, Axe, Shovel, and pick head mounted on the out side of the box with no cracking or flexing at all it also has gull wing tops with locks. Hope this helps, stay safe, mjmcdowell
Andy L.

Post by Andy L. »

Thank you for the welcoming guys.

I originally contacted Delta Storage to get their deep, double notched compact box. When I first contacted them I was told that it was not yet in production - I later recontacted them and was advised in a very short and unprofessional email that the box was never made.

While teaching at the local PD Academy yesterday I saw a kid who had the box I wanted with Tractor Supply decals on it.

Checked with TSC and they no longer carry it but were able to order one in from Delta on special order.

Other than being frustrated that Delta told me I couldn't get it and then told TSC they could send it out within a few days I am excited to finally have a box coming. :x

Here is a picture of what I purchased - It will be the same except black powder coat.

[size=75]'02 Sonoma CC: Go Rhino 1 piece grille guard, BFGoodrich All Terrian Tires, SmartSiren, Bunch of Whelen LED's, Tail light strobes, and a whole list of things I want to do.[/size]
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

That's a good looking toolbox. I've been searching for a way to turn mine into a chest that will sit down in my bed so I can install a tonneau I got from Top. :)
--Walt
2001 S-10 CrewCab - Retired...