Clear Corners (Front Turn and park lenses)

This is the place for all those mods

Moderator: F9K9

EDWRDM
Regular
Regular

Clear Corners (Front Turn and park lenses)

Post by EDWRDM »

I had a set of these when I had my ZR-2 and am having trouble finding ones for the ZR-5. I did find them on the stylin concepts web page.

Stylin concepts

Made the looong addy a link-HJ

They are part number 403033CL (clear corner lenses) for $74.95 a pair. I only paid $30 for the ones that I put on my ZR-2. Anyone have a cheaper source? :lol:
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

EDWRDM wrote:Anyone have a cheaper source?
I got mine from my local NAPA for $68 same APC part# (had to haggle with the salesman a bit, though)

Here is the other thread on this topic: Clear corners?

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
Conman
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Conman »

I got them also from styling concepts cause I got free shipping so it was a wash going local. I did send my first set back because it was a open box and the lenes had stress cranks. My second set was new but it still had slight stress cracks so I think is a design flaw. It's not noticable unless you really look up close to them. They are nice, but def. not the highest quality. My second set did not come with amber reflectors which henry got his but there is no instructions on how to use the amber lenses. I bought some DOT amber reflector tape so If I needed to put them in, I would use that. It was in the HELP section of the local autoparts store.

Good Luck,

Con
[size=75]2007 Hummer H3 all Stock
Sold: 2004 Chevy Avalanche Z71 all Stock.
Sold: 2002 Chevy S10 Crew Cab ZR5 - Mods: Truxedo Bed Cover, APC and TYC Lights.[/size]
EDWRDM
Regular
Regular

Post by EDWRDM »

:roll: I just bought a set for $59.95 & $8 shipping from Truck n Van.

They are the APC ones.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

8) Cool, beat me by a nickel. Good job! You'll love them.

I don't know why GM quit using the clear front corners, and didn't use them on the s-series. The full size had them in the mid to late ninties. I like them better, It is a cleaner look IMO.

"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
- ThunderII KE7CSK
EDWRDM
Regular
Regular

Post by EDWRDM »

HenryJ wrote:8) Cool, beat me by a nickel. Good job! You'll love them.

I don't know why GM quit using the clear front corners, and didn't use them on the s-series. The full size had them in the mid to late ninties. I like them better, It is a cleaner look IMO.

:twisted: FINALLY.... after several e-mails the lenses showed up today. I have the two amber refelector chips with mine??? Any idea what I'm supposed to do with them? Nothing else in the box except the lenses, bulbs and two small amber lenses. Now if the weather would only co operate so I can work on the truck!!! :roll:
2002 S10 ZR-5 Crewcab Yellow (can u believe they charge extra for Yellow?) Access LE Cover w/ electric tailgate lock, APC Clear Corners, Vent Visors, Deflecta Shield .
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Pop that grille out and put them in on the kitchen table ;) :lol:

I haven't used or needed the amber reflectors (still in the glove box with the duct tape.) ( Clear corners )

- ThunderII KE7CSK
Conman
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Conman »

EDWRDM wrote:
HenryJ wrote:8) Cool, beat me by a nickel. Good job! You'll love them.

:twisted: FINALLY.... after several e-mails the lenses showed up today. I have the two amber refelector chips with mine??? Any idea what I'm supposed to do with them? Nothing else in the box except the lenses, bulbs and two small amber lenses. Now if the weather would only co operate so I can work on the truck!!! :roll:

My first set had amber reflectors in them but my second set did not. I emails APC about this and they never responded. So far the lights are holding up. I bought DOT approved amber sticker reflectors but have not put them on yet. Don't know if I want to mount them to the clear corners or on the bumper.

Con
[size=75]2007 Hummer H3 all Stock
Sold: 2004 Chevy Avalanche Z71 all Stock.
Sold: 2002 Chevy S10 Crew Cab ZR5 - Mods: Truxedo Bed Cover, APC and TYC Lights.[/size]
Superchargedcrew
Regular
Regular

Clear Corners

Post by Superchargedcrew »

I bought a set off of e-bay for $39.00 + $9.95 shipping. The only thing is they take up the spots where those want to be fog lights are at. But I already unhooked the fog lights anyway. I used the fog light switch to operate my auxillary lights.. 8)
Supercharged S-10 Crew Powerdyne 7psi Supercharger, K&N Filter,Air box mod, Flowmaster 50 Series Exhaust crome tipped, HTPP III, A.R.E. Z Cap, Rhino Liner, Zie Bart Total Care Package, Nerf Bars, Wiper Cowl, Bug Deflector, Clear Corner Markers, HD Trans Cooler, 160* Thermostat, Red Neons in the bed, B&M Shift Improver.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Re: Clear Corners

Post by HenryJ »

Superchargedcrew wrote:I bought a set off of e-bay for $39.00 + $9.95 shipping. The only thing is they take up the spots where those want to be fog lights are at. But I already unhooked the fog lights anyway. I used the fog light switch to operate my auxillary lights.. 8)
Put your stock lights w/fogs on Ebay , I'm sure you'd recoup more than what you have spent on the clears :D

- ThunderII KE7CSK
EDWRDM
Regular
Regular

Post by EDWRDM »

Got a nice day last week and put the clears in my crew, did it right on the tailgate, just had to peel the weatherstrip from the factory lenses and stick it on the clears to keep them from rattling. looks nice, I'll have to update my avatar now!

I have a set of clear corners that were in my 2002 ZR2 that I'd like to sell if anyone here is interested. I'll probably list them on e-bay in a few weeks if I don't sell them.
2002 S10 ZR-5 Crewcab Yellow (can u believe they charge extra for Yellow?) Access LE Cover w/ electric tailgate lock, APC Clear Corners, Vent Visors, Deflecta Shield .