In Channel Vent Visors.....

This is the place for all those mods

Moderator: F9K9

2kwik4u
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

In Channel Vent Visors.....

Post by 2kwik4u »

I used to have these on my Ranger, and haven't had them for about 6 years because I don't like the appearance of them on the Xtreme. Starting to think I'd like to have them again on the ZR5, and appearance isn't as large of an issue since the truck is a bit more "utilitarian" than the Xtreme, and also already has all the "stuff" hanging off of it (Safari bar, step bars, bed rails, roof rack, etc).

Can anyone reccommend a good set of IN CHANNEL vent visors? I definately DO NOT want the ones that just stick on with 3M tape.

TIA!
[size=75][url=http://picasaweb.google.com/2kwik4u]2kwik4u's pics[/url][/size]
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Re: In Channel Vent Visors.....

Post by Walt »

2kwik4u wrote:....and also already has all the "stuff" hanging off of it (Safari bar, step bars, bed rails, roof rack, etc).
:lol: Never heard of all the accessories being described as hanging off the truck. That's funny :)

Seriously though,I've always used the ones from wallyworld and autozone. Just use a bit of windshield sealer/adhesive instead of the double sided tape and you're all set. They'll never come off :lol:
--Walt
2001 S-10 CrewCab - Retired...
2kwik4u
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Re: In Channel Vent Visors.....

Post by 2kwik4u »

Walt wrote:
2kwik4u wrote:....and also already has all the "stuff" hanging off of it (Safari bar, step bars, bed rails, roof rack, etc).
:lol: Never heard of all the accessories being described as hanging off the truck. That's funny :)
Well you gotta remember the source....I've spent a good deal of time trying to clean and smooth out the appearance on the Xtreme. All teh badges are gone, the mirrors are smaller, and the overall appearance is "cleaner"....hard to get too carried away with that particular body kit though. There are alot of guys on SSF that have ALOT "cleaner" trucks than I do......SO considering my background all the accessories do alot to disturb the cleanliness of the lines of the truck.

The honestly look like they are "hanging off" the truck to me.

If I was serious into driving around off road, I would ditch the safari bar, step bars, and rear bumper (in exchange for a roll pan)....Departure, breakover, and approach angles all suffer. Not the purpose of the truck though, so it's not a huge deal.

At any rate, thanks for the info on the Wally-World visors....I'm gonna cruise by there tonight and see what they have.
kwalsh
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by kwalsh »

I remember reading a thread on the in-channel visors....I think somebody mentioned that they didn't work with our windows?? :?
.....because the window makes a very tight seal with the weather stripping & the in-channel visors prevent the window from closing all of the way.

Can anyone help?
[size=75]"Pain = weakness leaving the body."[/size]
2kwik4u
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by 2kwik4u »

kwalsh wrote:I remember reading a thread on the in-channel visors....I think somebody mentioned that they didn't work with our windows?? :?
.....because the window makes a very tight seal with the weather stripping & the in-channel visors prevent the window from closing all of the way.

Can anyone help?
Sure hope that isn't the case, although I do admit to having problems with the front windows closing fully at speeds over about 65mph or so...I have to crack the rear window to get the front to seal, then close the rear (I think it has to do with pressure differential, and the curvature of the window moreso than the seal, but it's a thought)>
Pauleo
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Pauleo »

I bought a set of in channel for the first time. I have always had the kind that mount to the exterior rubber. I must say, as far as "clean lines" go, these in lines are "it." Much less noticable IMO. I always felt like I had to look around the other style when going around curves to the left. (If that makes any sense.) A hearty :thumb: for the in lines here.

Oh yeah, I have a SILVERADO Crew Cab now so I can't comment on the interference of window operation on the S-10 now. Sorry.
[size=75]"As I said before, I never repeat myself!"[/size]
2kwik4u
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by 2kwik4u »

Pauleo wrote:I bought a set of in channel for the first time. I have always had the kind that mount to the exterior rubber. I must say, as far as "clean lines" go, these in lines are "it." Much less noticable IMO. I always felt like I had to look around the other style when going around curves to the left. (If that makes any sense.) A hearty :thumb: for the in lines here.

Oh yeah, I have a SILVERADO Crew Cab now so I can't comment on the interference of window operation on the S-10 now. Sorry.
What brand did you buy? The quality should be the same regardless of application if purchasing from the same company.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

rain deflector

Weathertech deflectors are what you are looking for. I've been running them for nearly three years now. The rears catch once and a while on the way up , but nothing terrible. I would buy them again.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
2kwik4u
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by 2kwik4u »

$90 is kinda pricey, but that is exactly what I am looking for....Thanks for the link. THe pictures of them installed on a Crew made sure it was a 100% positive match for what I'm looking for.

I really gotta quit spending money though :(

$475 in mods just this month :(
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

2kwik4u wrote:....$475 in mods just this month....
Just a drop in the bucket man :)
--Walt
2001 S-10 CrewCab - Retired...
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Shop around for the same brand. I don't remember where I bought mine.

Read that thread for information on the darker version being available.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

2kwik4u wrote:$90 is kinda pricey, but that is exactly what I am looking for....Thanks for the link. .................$475 in mods just this month :(
Just don't go thinking about going off road then :wink: and Don't look at this very conservative total that is listed in my garage on S-10Forum.com
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
Pauleo
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Pauleo »

2kwik4u wrote:
Pauleo wrote:I bought a set of in channel for the first time. I have always had the kind that mount to the exterior rubber. I must say, as far as "clean lines" go, these in lines are "it." Much less noticable IMO. I always felt like I had to look around the other style when going around curves to the left. (If that makes any sense.) A hearty :thumb: for the in lines here.

What brand did you buy? The quality should be the same regardless of application if purchasing from the same company.

Mine are by Auto Vent Shade. I'm pretty sure that they are generic but they suit me just fine. On a side note, I am not able to roll the window down very far with the in line ones when it's raining. I can only go about a quarter of an inch. The other style I could open to around 3 inches and not get wet. Maybe that's just the design of the Silverado though.
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

They have been on Ebay frequently for less than 1/2 the listed price :)
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
Pauleo
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Pauleo »

f9k9 wrote:They have been on Ebay frequently for less than 1/2 the listed price :)
Yeah. :oops: I forgot to mention that Ebay was where I bought mine. Got `em for like $38 to the door.