Skid Plates

This is the place for all those mods

Moderator: F9K9

Cajun
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Skid Plates

Post by Cajun »

Anyone know the part number or numbers for the GM front, engine, transfer case skid plates? The one in the Modification Information no longer work on GMPartsDirect.com. Does anyone make aftermarket skids for our trucks?
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

You can still get the GM skid plate package if you have a local dealer do a national parts search through other dealerships, however you can't order the package from GM Parts Direct anymore since GM has discontinued part # 12496888. :( The last time I checked there was a few GM dealerships in the Southern California area that still had them in stock. :D

Steve
ZR5OnIt
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by ZR5OnIt »

I need a skid plate, but I'm not feeling the goofy letters & graphics cut into the one from Superlift. Their logo's visible on the torsion bar mounts, & a window sticker, that's enough advertising for one truck :moon: I'd prefer something more subtle. Anybody know of a decent-looking skid plate with oil filter access that'll fit with the 6" SL?
[size=75]2003 ZR5, 6" Superlift, cut out flares, step rails, 1.5" rear spacers, 15x8 Pro Comp 1079 wheels w/ 3.75" BS, 33/12.50-15 BFG AT-KO tires[/size]
top_sgt
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by top_sgt »

bubaloo1983 in canada makes skid plates for our trucks. send him an email.....he might have one laying around!!!!
2004 S10 CC ZR5 4x4 >> traded for a 2006 F150 supercrew!!
bubaloo1983
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by bubaloo1983 »

i do make the skidz for these trucks but everything is on order now as its becoming a rare truck. its just not worth holding the stock any more :( i hate to see the s-series dying!
[size=75]2003 ZR5 GMC Sonoma, SFA dana30, 35 inch tires, 4.10 gears, Cut out flares. Chrome Denali grill, custom made skid plates, shackles and badging

www.customskidplates.com[/size]
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

Cajun, just my advice, but if you want to spend $$ on a skid plate, go with Bubaloo's :D Excellent quality and workmanship. You'll find that alot of us around here use his products.
--Walt
2001 S-10 CrewCab - Retired...
T-bone02
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by T-bone02 »

I found my skid plates at a local salvage yard. I lucked up on a 99 blazer with the front, diff. and trans. case shield. However after contacting my local dealer they found a whole shield set including hardware and instructions in Cal. The parts manager had it off the dealership property at their storage facility. He was more than willing to ship them all the way to Ga for me I believe shipping + parts was about $200.
[size=75]modified air box, aluminum skid shields, custom sirius radio, 15%tint, powdercoated diamond bed rails/toolbox, mild t-bar crank, Reese class III receiver hitch, 1 3/8 core high capacity radiator[/size]