Neoprene Seat Covers

This is the place for all those mods

Moderator: F9K9

n0m4d
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Neoprene Seat Covers

Post by n0m4d »

It’s spring and I’ve been thinking about sprucing up the Crew a bit. God knows I’ve been spending enough to keep up with the leaks and engine issues. I was thinking about recovering the tired looking seats with some nice neoprene seat covers. Has anyone had any experience with these types of covers? Any con’s that I may need to know about? Here is the company I’m planning of ordering from:

http://www.shearcomfort.com/Neoprene-Seat-Covers.asp

I like the kinda like the red.

Even better I’d like to just replace the seats with leather but I can’t locate a rear leather seat.
[size=75]No more CrewCab. Now driving 2007 Hummer H3, 5-speed, 35" Toyo Open Country MT's, PIAA in the driving lights. [/size]
BobbleSmitty
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BobbleSmitty »

http://www.katzkin.com/05/FC/mainFS.html

This company does leather for our Crew Cabs.... Look under Chevrolet Trucks - S10 - CC

There's a bunch of options there!
[size=75]2004 S-10 Crew Cab ZR5 -*SOLD*-2" PA Body Lift - Air Shocks - 30x9.5" Cooper Discoverer S/T tires - 1.25" Rear Spacers - Clear Bumper Lights - Westin Safari - Light Bar w/ 100watt 6" Lights - Custom Stainless Steel V-force Dual Exhaust w/ 3" Black Chrome Slash Cut Tips - CB radio w/ 100watt PA speaker - Alpine MP3/CD Player - 10" JL Sub w/ 300watt amp - Low Profile - 'TonneauMasters' Tonneau Cover - In-channel Vent Visors - Airbox mod - Custom Front Tow Hooks - Debadged [/size]
kauaibuilt47
Crew
Crew

Post by kauaibuilt47 »

www.wetokole.com

Expensive but the best you can buy.
[size=75]Never get into an argument with an idiot. They only bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience.[/size]
Snoman002
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Snoman002 »

Hmm, I would be leary.

Have you ever wore neoprene? It does not breath well at all. A layer of soft fabric over the top might help but I can't see it breathing near as well as a cloth seat.

Of course how well does leather breath? I never have any complaints in the Bravada so maybe it isn't that much of an issue with seats. I just know that anything neoprene that is wore on the body sucks after a couple of minutes. Of course here again I have had leather gloves that feel fine but I've had neoprene gloves that were full of sweat ina couple of minutes.

IDK, just a thought.
[size=75][b]1991 GMC Sonoma Extended Cb[/b] - 4.3L Automatic, 2" BL, 31" BFG's.
[b]1992 Chevy T-10 Reg Cab[/b] - 4.3L 5spd, 3" Bl, 31" Mud Tires. Hooker long tube headers and true duals.
[b]1999 Oldsmobile Bravada[/b] - Wifes truck, all stock.[/size]
n0m4d
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by n0m4d »

Thats kinda along the line of what I'm woried about. I'd hate it if they were hot and sticky (some things are better hot and sticky). I do spend a lot of time in my truck and often i'm muddy and/or wet. I do a ton of Mountain Biking and Skiing and whatever is outdoors that involves speed and dirt/snow. I've seen the Katzkin before and i know they are really nice and really expensive. I'd hate to dump a ton of cash into these seats since this is the first truck out of 3 that has gone more than 3 years without breaking off a handle. Maybe i'll look into salvaging leather seats for the front (electric and heated) and get matching katzkin for the rear.

I have a new problem today anyway, when i turn kinda hard to the right i get a nice metal on metal squeal/grind from the underside somewhere. Everytime i think about an upgrade, that cash ends up in a repair.
[size=75]No more CrewCab. Now driving 2007 Hummer H3, 5-speed, 35" Toyo Open Country MT's, PIAA in the driving lights. [/size]
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

have you hit all those grease fittings lately?
[size=75]2004 S-10 CREW CAB {TRADED IN}
........ 2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeff024/]PICS OF THE CREW CAB[/url][/size]