TOW HITCH AND HARNESS

This is the place for all those mods

Moderator: F9K9

T-bone02
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

TOW HITCH AND HARNESS

Post by T-bone02 »

If anyone want a good deal on a class III hitch, head down to your local Advanced Auto Parts. I picked one up yesterday along with a plug and play 4 way flat harness that plugs directly into the factory tailight harness on the driver side all for $140.98 out the door. Pretty reasonable I think considering the online prices for similar ones after adding shipping, or buying a used one off EBAY. The hitch is a direct bolt on application, no drilling required, and also not one of those universal deals with 3000 nuts, bolts, and brackets. All welded-one piece, one year warranty also.

Reese class III hitch (part#16010067) $112.88
Trailer T connector 4 way flat (part#6260098) $18.88
Total=$140.98
[size=75]modified air box, aluminum skid shields, custom sirius radio, 15%tint, powdercoated diamond bed rails/toolbox, mild t-bar crank, Reese class III receiver hitch, 1 3/8 core high capacity radiator[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Keep in mind that the GM hitch (Valley) is raiseable after a body lift and the kit with harness is just over $120.
I bought mine from Chuck Hutton GM.
GM PART # 12496770
CATEGORY: Platform Trailer Hitch
PACK QTY: 4
GM LIST: $144.00
OUR PRICE: $120.96
DESCRIPTION: HITCH PKG
The Valley hitch is available through NAPA for about $100 and for $20 you can buy the harness.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
barch97
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by barch97 »

That is a great price for a "Reese". :thumb:
[size=67][i]"Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs."[/i][/size]
snocat1
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by snocat1 »

Went to get the hitch from advance had to pay 121.06 out the door. They tried to sell me a universal hitch for a 143.00 that they had on stock but i said no thanks so they had to order other it will be in at noon tomorrow. so one small mod done. :lol:
[size=75]2001 crew cab with a quick hatch tonneau cover
235/75/15 bridgestone dueler at revos[/size]
T-bone02
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by T-bone02 »

Glad you got one ordered. I saw the in stock hitch that was the universal one and it is definately one you DON'T want. It's got three thousand holes in it because it fits probably 20 gm trucks, too much hardware to fool with. The hitch bolts up really easy, just make sure to remove your spare before install!! The trailer harness pigtail adaptor plugs in directly behind the driver side tail light(inside the fender), just unplug the factory connection(make sure not to break the little plastic clips), add the adaptor plug, reconnect the original factory male and femal ends, and run the 4 way flat out to the bumper, and you're done. Pretty easy mod!
[size=75]modified air box, aluminum skid shields, custom sirius radio, 15%tint, powdercoated diamond bed rails/toolbox, mild t-bar crank, Reese class III receiver hitch, 1 3/8 core high capacity radiator[/size]
snocat1
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by snocat1 »

I picked it up tonight, so this weekend I'll be putting it on. I already have the flat plug for the trailer. I pull a snowmobile trailer.
snocat1
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by snocat1 »

Hey guys could I have a picture of the Reese mounted to the truck to show were it mounts to the frame to the truck. I had a brain fart this morning putting it on at 5:30 this morning. :bonk: :twisted:
T-bone02
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by T-bone02 »

sorry snow, but my camera has been loaned out for months. What I can tell you is that when you hold the hitch up to the frame, slide it all the way back to the rear bumper. Then you can see that on both ends in the rear(bumper end) of the hitch you will run one bolt horizontally through last predrilled factory hole in the frame into the hitch that is closest to the bumper. It will line up easily, but you have to take the spare down. The other connection point on each end of the hitch uses a predrilled hole on the flat part of the frame that uses a vertical bolt. The hole in the frame that lines up vertically with the hitch is really big, that is why reese supplies those 2 flat pieces of steel that are pre-drilled. simply lay the flat metal on top of the holes that are predrilled into the frame and you can then run a bolt down vertically through metal pieces, through the frame, and then into the hitch. There are two connection points on each end of the hitch, using two bolts per side. Sorry this sounds so confusing :?:
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK