Removing front parking lights( Update: New lights Installed)

This is the place for all those mods

Moderator: F9K9

BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Removing front parking lights( Update: New lights Installed)

Post by BADs Crew »

I received all my new lights today but due to the rain I couldn't install them. I have had the rear lights out before, but is there any trick to pulling the front ones?
Last edited by BADs Crew on Mon Feb 06, 2006 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[size=75]2001 S-10 Crew , A.R.E Cap, Limo tint windows, Halogen Back up lights. Bilstein Shocks, 1.5 Rear Spacers, Summit Rear Diff Cover Clear Bumper Lights, Carbon Altezza Tail Lights, Billet Grill. SS Step Bars. GM full front bra. ,,, GM Quote concerning the gurgling heater core " They all sound like that"[/size]
doughboy5499
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by doughboy5499 »

They should only be held in with plastic clips. I have a gmc but, s-10's have a plastic clip you pull up on and remove the light asssembly just the same.
[size=75]SOLD 2001 Red Sonoma CC Billet grille, nerf bars, Tek-Style tonneau, Silverstars, air box mod, K&N, Pioneer DEH P7700MP, Ventvisors, weather-tech floor mats, Rancho RS5000, 15% window tint
FOR SALE 2001 black Ford F-150 xlt 6" Fabtech susp. lift. 3" Body lift. MT wheels, Durango 315/75/16 tires, Pioneer DEH7700MP, Ventvisors, tint, hood scoop(bolt on), tool box, westin brush guard[/size]
bwenny247
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by bwenny247 »

like doughboy said, should be two plasic retaining clips that you pull straight up on.
the passenger side one is hard to get back in without taking the battery out, at least is was for me :lol:
[size=75]*SOLD* 5" BDS, 2" PA, 33" MT's, HPPIII , Airaid TB spacer, K&N FIPK, March pulleys, 2.5" straight pipe, Trucktec tonneau, Herculinered body line down, 3/16" custom skid plates[/size]
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

no need to pull the battery just remove the Grille its only on with clips the parking lights will come off with it then you will see the clips its a 10 minute job
[size=75]2004 S-10 CREW CAB {TRADED IN}
........ 2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeff024/]PICS OF THE CREW CAB[/url][/size]
BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BADs Crew »

Lights are all in with no problems. I will post pics after my grill is installed. They have it tracked as getting here tomorow.
[size=75]2001 S-10 Crew , A.R.E Cap, Limo tint windows, Halogen Back up lights. Bilstein Shocks, 1.5 Rear Spacers, Summit Rear Diff Cover Clear Bumper Lights, Carbon Altezza Tail Lights, Billet Grill. SS Step Bars. GM full front bra. ,,, GM Quote concerning the gurgling heater core " They all sound like that"[/size]
BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BADs Crew »

Lights and Grill installed.

The tail lights don't have that orange strip in them. It was caused by the flash on the cam.
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

silverstar makes a clear blinker bulp the glows amber to get rid of those amber bulbs
........ 2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeff024/]PICS OF THE CREW CAB[/url][/size]
BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BADs Crew »

jeff024 wrote:silverstar makes a clear blinker bulp the glows amber to get rid of those amber bulbs
Where do you get em Jeff ? I didn't see em local. But then again everything local cost 5 times what you find it for on line.
CrazyChaz
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by CrazyChaz »

I found Them at Amazon.com for $20 plus shipping they make the clear corners look a lot better IMO.
[size=75]2003 S-10 Crewcab Dark Metallic Green*Hidden Hitch Class 3 Trailer Hitch*Monro SensaTracs*Airaid Intake*Poweraid TBS*Custom Dual Exhaust*Tranny Cooler*Buffalo Stainless Step Bars*Hunter Grill Brush Guard*Delta Diamond Plate Tool Box*Bed Rhino Lined*APC Clear Corners*Hi Beam Mod*LT235/75/15 BFG All Terrains*Full Skid Plates with Transfer Case Done by SkidZ.[/size]
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

I got them at Pepboys in Frederick
they look chrome but shine amber