New Wheels

This is the place for all those mods

Moderator: F9K9

BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

New Wheels

Post by BADs Crew »

What do you honestly think of these wheels on my truck. ( I hope this size pic is better HJ)

Much better , Thanks!-HJ
Last edited by BADs Crew on Mon Jan 23, 2006 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[size=75]2001 S-10 Crew , A.R.E Cap, Limo tint windows, Halogen Back up lights. Bilstein Shocks, 1.5 Rear Spacers, Summit Rear Diff Cover Clear Bumper Lights, Carbon Altezza Tail Lights, Billet Grill. SS Step Bars. GM full front bra. ,,, GM Quote concerning the gurgling heater core " They all sound like that"[/size]
04crewvt
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by 04crewvt »

I like them. They are more my style than some of the other choices I have see recently. I want wheels that look nice but can take some punishment these look like they would fit that bill.Image
[size=75]Why does the universe decree that if you have all the time in the world to work on projects you have no money and vice versa?
Green 2004 ZR-5 w/ too much to list here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2296465[/size]
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

there ok I just dont like them because they have been around forever I like more of the newer styles and Chrome :)
[size=75]2004 S-10 CREW CAB {TRADED IN}
........ 2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeff024/]PICS OF THE CREW CAB[/url][/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Pretty retro.
Those look just like the alloy first gen wheels. You should be able to pick up a set for cheap.

They don't look bad, but don't yell out custom either.

I have the American Racing Gamblers on my old truck -

Those kind of remind me of them.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BADs Crew »

I have the first Gen wheels like them on our Blazer and everyone always tell me how they like them. I know there old school Outlaws but I will have a winter and summer set as soon as we get into a new home. ( I hope this summer)
[size=75]2001 S-10 Crew , A.R.E Cap, Limo tint windows, Halogen Back up lights. Bilstein Shocks, 1.5 Rear Spacers, Summit Rear Diff Cover Clear Bumper Lights, Carbon Altezza Tail Lights, Billet Grill. SS Step Bars. GM full front bra. ,,, GM Quote concerning the gurgling heater core " They all sound like that"[/size]
BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BADs Crew »

Do you still have that truck HJ. Its clean looking. :thumb:
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

BADs Crew wrote:Do you still have that truck HJ. Its clean looking. :thumb:
I sold it to the company that I work for and they let me keep it as my "shop truck". I get to drive my old truck every day :mg: It is an '86 with 165,000 miles. 60k on the HO 3.4L.
I like my crew better now though :thumb:

Of the old style wheels, those are nice. They would be in my top five picks from the stock S-10 wheels.

Are you planning to swap with the Blazer?

"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
- ThunderII KE7CSK
BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BADs Crew »

Not planing to swap but if I buy the Outlaws I can put them on her Blazer and go chrome later. Hers are showing their age a bit and I can tell her I was just thinking of her :lol:
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

I like your thinking :)
........ 2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeff024/]PICS OF THE CREW CAB[/url][/size]
BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BADs Crew »

Jeff may be right. Chrome might be the way to go. This is a Halo AX. I sent them an email to see if these would fit.

jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

when looking at wheels look at front wheel drive wheels if im not mistaken theres about 5 or so Heol wheels that will fit my 17s are Helo Strikers
I got mine fron this place I talked with Darnell we talked for a few days he would call me and tell me what other wheels would fit ,great to deal withSUPERBUYand heres some Helos
mjmcdowell
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

new wheels

Post by mjmcdowell »

BADscrew, If you like those outlaw II wheels then go with them! I have had a set mounted for a year now and they have been no problem, I don't see very many CC around here where I live mine is probably the only one with mod's in the area, as for these wheels I have not seen very many sets on trucks. Price is right and the manufacturer is reputable with a 1 yr, warrenty on them, you could do worse, these look good, not "bling" of which I'm not a fan of to much, just nice, .02 worth, stay safe, mjmcdowell
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

There is a set for sale in the classifieds : set of decent outlaw 2 GM wheels with caps. $225 shipped

- ThunderII KE7CSK
Steve2003
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Re: New Wheels

Post by Steve2003 »

BADs Crew wrote:What do you honestly think of these wheels on my truck. ( I hope this size pic is better HJ)

Much better , Thanks!-HJ
I think they look good :thumb: Image
[size=75][color=blue]2003 S-10 crew cab[/color][/size]
[size=75][color=red]6in superlift[/color][/size]
BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BADs Crew »

Some how they look a little bit better with a 6 inch lift and monster truck tires. :lol:
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

the 1s that came on s10s were almost flat with no lip on them
looks like steve has a lip on his
BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BADs Crew »

Yes you are correct. I have the GM style on my Blazer. The Outlaw 2 does have the lip. The ones I cut and pasted in that pic are the Outlaw 2. I don't know if his wheels have a different off set but they do look deeper than the ones I pasted.
Pauleo
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Pauleo »

And another reason to buy chrome? Somehow they don't seem to collect as much brake dust as other wheels. But maybe that's just my imagination???
[size=75]"As I said before, I never repeat myself!"[/size]
Steve2003
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Steve2003 »

I don't know why my outlaw II's are deeper maybe because they're 8's

Here's a better look.

[size=75][color=blue]2003 S-10 crew cab[/color][/size]
[size=75][color=red]6in superlift[/color][/size]
Rusty

Post by Rusty »

Here's my opinion (for what it's worth):