RECD. MY HPPIII

This is the place for all those mods

Moderator: F9K9

TEXS10
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

RECD. MY HPPIII

Post by TEXS10 »

Ok guys the HPPIII, was delivered to my wife's office just a few minutes ago. OK I guess my questions are where do I begin ? Tire size, shift points, octane, transmission line pressure, etc ? I haven't read the instructions since we just got back from fighting a big brush fire. If anyone can let know on the "tricks of trade", I would appreciate it very much. When I added the BFG's (31x10.50x15) my gas mileage really really sucks !!!!!!! So I hope this will get me back to around 17 or 19 mpg's.
Steve2003
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Steve2003 »

Cool :thumb:
First read the directions then plug it in, turn the switch on and basically answer a few questions and your done. It takes less then 10 minutes. Then you will have to test it out and then you can set where it works best for you! It's real simple even a mechanicley deficient person like me could do it. :shock:

Good luck :D
Steve
[size=75][color=blue]2003 S-10 crew cab[/color][/size]
[size=75][color=red]6in superlift[/color][/size]
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

do it a few times and you wont even need to look at the book
[size=75]2004 S-10 CREW CAB {TRADED IN}
........ 2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeff024/]PICS OF THE CREW CAB[/url][/size]
TEXS10
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by TEXS10 »

Hey I have a stupid question. Do I have to mess with the shift points ? I don't do any racing with this rig just looking on adjusting the shift firms, I do pull my boat around 16' aluminum boat, and my kayak trailer other than that I won't be pulling nothing big. I been reading the booklet but we had a vehicle fall on an individual and another grass fire, and its to late to mess with the truck tonight. THANKS FOR THE HELP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

IMO you do not need to mess with shift times unless you want to adjust WOT (wide open throttle) elapsed times for a 2 1/2+ ton sloth behemoth's elapsed times on a 1/4 or 1/8 mile track.
Last edited by F9K9 on Tue Jan 24, 2006 4:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

if you play with the shift points you may notice it pickup better on the highway while trying to pass someone
[size=75]2004 S-10 CREW CAB {TRADED IN}
........ 2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeff024/]PICS OF THE CREW CAB[/url][/size]
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

When I went to 31's with 3.73 gears, my CC wouldn't shift from 2 to 3 until I was at 80MPH WOT :lol: That's the main area I adjusted :)
--Walt
2001 S-10 CrewCab - Retired...