Billet Grill and clear marker lights

This is the place for all those mods

Moderator: F9K9

BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Billet Grill and clear marker lights

Post by BADs Crew »

I want to do the front end mod but not sure who has got the best grill and clear lights. Any suggestions?
[size=75]2001 S-10 Crew , A.R.E Cap, Limo tint windows, Halogen Back up lights. Bilstein Shocks, 1.5 Rear Spacers, Summit Rear Diff Cover Clear Bumper Lights, Carbon Altezza Tail Lights, Billet Grill. SS Step Bars. GM full front bra. ,,, GM Quote concerning the gurgling heater core " They all sound like that"[/size]
S10CREW01
Crew
Crew

Post by S10CREW01 »

I got my set off of ebay ... You can also get them APC's at your fav auto part store. The advantage of the autoparts store if you dont like them you can take them right back. I guess it is all up to what you want on your CC.
[size=75]<<~~o00o~~~~~~~~~~~~"°º©[b] S10CREW01 - Proud to serve US NAVY[/b]©º°"~~~~~~~~~~~~o00o~~>>
[b][u]MOD LIST:[/b][/u]
2001 S10 Crew Cab; 2" body lift; K&N drop in filter and the Airbox mod; Hot foot MOD; Autodim mirrior; Clear Bumper Lights; Westin Safari Light Bar w/ 100watt 6" Lights; Westin Nerf Bars; Low Profile 'TonneauMasters' Tonneau Cover; Quad Light MOD; Backup Lights * * *[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

I have removed the billet grille inserts from my truck.

PM me an offer if you are interested.

My clears are APC. They are yellowing slightly with age and do not have the yellow side reflectors.
Last edited by HenryJ on Tue Dec 30, 2008 5:37 pm, edited 3 times in total.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

I have the APCs also with the amber corners with clear silverstar blinker bulbs that blink amber,my grille insert I got off ebay for something like 65 shipped

heres where I got my grille
GRILLE4YOU

Edited link to ebay store-HJ
[size=75]2004 S-10 CREW CAB {TRADED IN}
........ 2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeff024/]PICS OF THE CREW CAB[/url][/size]
BobbleSmitty
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BobbleSmitty »

Got my clear bumper lights off of ebay... so far, no discoloration

[size=75]2004 S-10 Crew Cab ZR5 -*SOLD*-2" PA Body Lift - Air Shocks - 30x9.5" Cooper Discoverer S/T tires - 1.25" Rear Spacers - Clear Bumper Lights - Westin Safari - Light Bar w/ 100watt 6" Lights - Custom Stainless Steel V-force Dual Exhaust w/ 3" Black Chrome Slash Cut Tips - CB radio w/ 100watt PA speaker - Alpine MP3/CD Player - 10" JL Sub w/ 300watt amp - Low Profile - 'TonneauMasters' Tonneau Cover - In-channel Vent Visors - Airbox mod - Custom Front Tow Hooks - Debadged [/size]
Pauleo
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Pauleo »

Mine is a FULL chrome grill. Not just the inserts. It came with the clear corners & a billet bowtie. Can't remember where I got it from though. Only that the place was in London, KY. F9K9's stompin' ground!

(This is an older pic. I have the BL, T-bar crank & shackles, & bigger tires now.)
[size=75]"As I said before, I never repeat myself!"[/size]
Pauleo
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Pauleo »

Also, I liked this place for their inserts.
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Pauleo wrote:Mine is a FULL chrome grill. Not just the inserts. It came with the clear corners & a billet bowtie. Can't remember where I got it from though. Only that the place was in London, KY. F9K9's stompin' ground!

(This is an older pic. I have the BL, T-bar crank & shackles, & bigger tires now.)
Martin's Tryck Parts is where I could of picked up a Goodmark hood for $299 five minutes from my house and no shipping but, I was really smart and got one off ebay for $250. Ended up driving round trip 7 hours and over $60 in fuel :lol:

AGE ≠ SMART :leave:
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BADs Crew »

Thanks for all your help. Great looking trucks. HenryJ I would make you an offer on that grill but I think the shipping from Maryland from Oregon would kill me. I want to see you get a good price on it. As soon as I get my heater core problem taken care of Im doing the mod. ( I just sent the dealer a letter on how I was most pleased with explanation of the gurgling sound. " They all make that noise" :lol:
[size=75]2001 S-10 Crew , A.R.E Cap, Limo tint windows, Halogen Back up lights. Bilstein Shocks, 1.5 Rear Spacers, Summit Rear Diff Cover Clear Bumper Lights, Carbon Altezza Tail Lights, Billet Grill. SS Step Bars. GM full front bra. ,,, GM Quote concerning the gurgling heater core " They all sound like that"[/size]
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

not all mine doesnt :)
[size=75]2004 S-10 CREW CAB {TRADED IN}
........ 2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeff024/]PICS OF THE CREW CAB[/url][/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

BADs Crew wrote:...HenryJ I would make you an offer on that grill but I think the shipping from Maryland from Oregon would kill me.
No worries. There is another interested party, waiting for your decision. I am not in a real hurry to sell them, since I do like the look. My wife says it looks "richer" , or more refined with them in there. I just haven't taken the time to reinstall them since removing them for some cleaning.

"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
- ThunderII KE7CSK
Pauleo
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Pauleo »

f9k9 wrote:
Pauleo wrote:Mine is a FULL chrome grill. Not just the inserts. It came with the clear corners & a billet bowtie. Can't remember where I got it from though. Only that the place was in London, KY. F9K9's stompin' ground!

Martin's Tryck Parts is where I could of picked up a Goodmark hood for $299 five minutes from my house
YEAH!!! I think that was the place!!!

Small world!
Jim

Post by Jim »

Here is a pic of mine, I used the other style grill assembly and put a billet grill in it, This version exposes more of the chrome bumper. I like it on 01 & 02's but on later ones with the painted bumper this style may not look right. Grill & Grill assembly Ebay, corners from Crutchfield (hard to find w/ fogs at a good price).

Best Regards, Jim
2004 Tahoe, Summit white, loaded up. 06 front air dam, wood interior trim, Shaved Roof Rack, Escalade rear vents, LED Tails, SLP dual cat back exhaust w/ Flowmaster 70 muffler, 20 inch 07 Sierra wheels.
BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BADs Crew »

Jim wrote:Here is a pic of mine, I used the other style grill assembly and put a billet grill in it, This version exposes more of the chrome bumper. I like it on 01 & 02's but on later ones with the painted bumper this style may not look right. Grill & Grill assembly Ebay, corners from Crutchfield (hard to find w/ fogs at a good price).

Where the fogs a stock option or are the after market? Nice look, I wish when I was looking for my crew I would have found a white one. 3 weeks after I bought it a white crew showed up at Car Max. The Green grew on me though it just needs more chrome BLING BLING.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Fog lights are RPO T37 , or included in the RPO ANL sales package.

The optional GM fog lamps cost $115 in 2001.

If you are looking for aftermarket corners w/fog, you should know that they will come with provisions to mount your reflector assemblies, but do not come with them. You must disassemble yours to install in the aftermarket clear corners.

- ThunderII KE7CSK
Pauleo
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Pauleo »

OK. Now I have the all chrome grill AND inserts. Check it out.....

Snagged HJ's before he had a chance to put them back on his rig! :wink:

I've been considering taking the bug sheild off the hood. I just don't think it looks right anymore. Whatta u guys think???
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Looks really good :thumb:

I'm not sure about removing the bug shield. It may tend to tie the weatherflectors and tonneau cover together?

Chrome body side moulding would be a nice touch? Seems like Jim brought it up , but I have yet to see it on a crew.

- ThunderII KE7CSK
SONOMA915
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by SONOMA915 »

I say leave the bug shield. Withiut it you wiil get rock chips on that area of the hood.
[size=75]2004 GMC Sonoma ZR5 (Sold)
2005 Toyota Tacoma[/size]
Pauleo
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Pauleo »

HenryJ wrote:Looks really good :thumb:

I'm not sure about removing the bug shield. It may tend to tie the weatherflectors and tonneau cover together?

Chrome body side moulding would be a nice touch? Seems like Jim brought it up , but I have yet to see it on a crew.
HJ! Don't you work??? :lol: Man! You're on here all hours of the day!!! :lol:

I looked into getting some chrome body side molding but I didn't think it would look right with the black door handles and the black around the windows. And nobody seems to make the aftermarket chrome handles like they have for the full sized trucks.
SONOMA915
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by SONOMA915 »

I noticed that some of the chrome door handles were really plastic covers. I dont think they will stay on for long.
[size=75]2004 GMC Sonoma ZR5 (Sold)
2005 Toyota Tacoma[/size]
Pauleo
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Pauleo »

SONOMA915 wrote:I say leave the bug shield. Withiut it you wiil get rock chips on that area of the hood.
My mother has an S-10 Blazer and has been wanting a bug sheild. I thought about giving her mine but my wife told me I was crazy. For the same reason you mentioned. Well... she thinks I'm crazy sometimes anyway but.... ahh, well. Nevermind. :!:
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Pauleo wrote: HJ! Don't you work??? :lol: Man! You're on here all hours of the day!!! :lol:
Four tens makes every week a three day weekend :mg:

- ThunderII KE7CSK
Pauleo
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Pauleo »

SONOMA915 wrote:I noticed that some of the chrome door handles were really plastic covers. I dont think they will stay on for long.
Yeah. The only ones that I have seen are just plastic. But then again, my "chrome grill" is also just plastic and seems to be holding up fine. (Knock on wood [Need an avatar for that]) Heck, I think my new metal inserts weigh more than my whole grill does!!! :roll:
Pauleo
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Pauleo »

HenryJ wrote:
Pauleo wrote: HJ! Don't you work??? :lol: Man! You're on here all hours of the day!!! :lol:
Four tens makes every week a three day weekend :mg:
I C. I was just teasin' ya anyway! :wink:
Pauleo
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Pauleo »

And I just happened to think....

You could have made the same smart remark to me as well!!!! I'm sitting here AT work and checkin' out the `ol forum when I should be actually WORKING!!! :!: :D