Rear diff. skid guards

This is the place for all those mods

Moderator: F9K9

mjmcdowell
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Rear diff. skid guards

Post by mjmcdowell »

Does anyone know if there is a cage type rear diff protector/skid plate? Saw one on a Jeep that looked like it was U bolted on the axel tubes on either side of the pumpkin. Any body know anything about this or other protection parts? stay safe, mjmcdowell
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Differential guard???

None available that I have seen for the 7.5 or 7.625 diffs

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
coffeedrnkr
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by coffeedrnkr »

I just have a summit-like alluminium rear cover and I drag my rear end over rocks all day long and it has never given me any kind of problem, besides the fact that I scratched the hell out of the bottom of it....never leaks though.

I almost think diff protection is a bit overrated b/c on my front axle all I have is a stock steel cover and I have never even so much as dented it and I definately rub it b/c there is peices of rock that was chipped off attached to it after every offroading trip.

I would admit that if you really slammed into a rock it would probably put a hole in it......but I haven't even managed to so much as dent one yet

just a thought.... :D

Edit: actually on second thought I saw that you just put on a summit cover and probably don't want to scratch it up
[size=75][url=http://s80.photobucket.com/albums/j162/coffeedrnkr15/]The Crazyblaze[/url]
d44/d60 5.13's, atlas 3.8
[/size]