Hey steve...about the tornado

This is the place for all those mods

Moderator: F9K9

michael_4x4
Crew
Crew

Hey steve...about the tornado

Post by michael_4x4 »

hey i was curious how the tornado is working for you did it add gas miliage horses...?????? :roll:

Edited title-HJ
S10CREW01
Crew
Crew

Post by S10CREW01 »

Please pass on the Info .. I have looked but something just don't feel right about it. Can you give us a first hand account on the TORNADO...
[size=75]<<~~o00o~~~~~~~~~~~~"°º©[b] S10CREW01 - Proud to serve US NAVY[/b]©º°"~~~~~~~~~~~~o00o~~>>
[b][u]MOD LIST:[/b][/u]
2001 S10 Crew Cab; 2" body lift; K&N drop in filter and the Airbox mod; Hot foot MOD; Autodim mirrior; Clear Bumper Lights; Westin Safari Light Bar w/ 100watt 6" Lights; Westin Nerf Bars; Low Profile 'TonneauMasters' Tonneau Cover; Quad Light MOD; Backup Lights * * *[/size]
SONOMA915
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by SONOMA915 »

I would also like to know if it has improved gas mileage? Thanks.
[size=75]2004 GMC Sonoma ZR5 (Sold)
2005 Toyota Tacoma[/size]
Steve2003
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Re: Hey steve...about the tornado

Post by Steve2003 »

michael_4x4 wrote:hey i was curious how the tornado is working for you did it add gas miliage horses...?????? :roll:

Edited title-HJ
It did help with the mileage a little bit, enough where I want to put them in all my vehicles. As far as increasing horsepower, not at all. The way I look at it is it all works in conjunction with the flowmaster exhaust, HPPIII etc. I think it's all just helped a little bit. It's not a very expensive mod, maybe something you just need to try for yourself. Buy it, try it for a week and if you don't like it take it back. I got mine on sale at Pep Boys for $40 and I don't regret it.

Steve
[size=75][color=blue]2003 S-10 crew cab[/color][/size]
[size=75][color=red]6in superlift[/color][/size]
nickclark1979

Post by nickclark1979 »

What size would be needed?
Steve2003
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Steve2003 »

The part number is KI80 that's what's in my truck. I have a 2003 4.3 v6. It takes about 5 minutes to install.

Steve
SONOMA915
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by SONOMA915 »

Does it mount on the closer to the throttle body or the maf sensor?
[size=75]2004 GMC Sonoma ZR5 (Sold)
2005 Toyota Tacoma[/size]
barch97
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Re: Hey steve...about the tornado

Post by barch97 »

Steve2003 wrote:
It did help with the mileage a little bit, enough where I want to put them in all my vehicles. As far as increasing horsepower, not at all. The way I look at it is it all works in conjunction with the flowmaster exhaust, HPPIII etc. I think it's all just helped a little bit. It's not a very expensive mod, maybe something you just need to try for yourself. Buy it, try it for a week and if you don't like it take it back. I got mine on sale at Pep Boys for $40 and I don't regret it.

Steve
So, the only noticible improvement was an increase in gas mileage. How much of an increase are we talking about here? And, are you saying that you noticed a marked improvement in fuel economy from the tornado specifically or only when combined with your other mods?

Sorry if I sound like I'm interogating here. I'd just like to get an idea of the amount of time (number of miles) it will take to make back the $40 initial investment and start seeing some actual savings from this mod.

I've been getting about 280 miles per tank and at $40 per fill up, that's about 14 cents per mile. If this increases my fuel economy by 1 mile per gallon, I'll be saving about 1/2 a cent per mile. So, I'd have to drive about 8,000 miles with it before I saw any return on my investment. That's not bad compared to some other more expensive mods but no one seems to be able to say for certain just how much their fuel economy was improved by this unit alone.
[size=67][i]"Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs."[/i][/size]
Steve2003
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Steve2003 »

Barch

I really don't have any numbers that I can go by. Before I ever lifted my truck I could go to work and back for a whole week with one full tank of gas, that's not going anywhere else, just to work and back. After I got my truck lifted and got the 31" tires I had to get gas before coming home on Friday's. Then I got the tornado and I got about 1/2 way home on Friday's and my low fuel light came on. Then after the exhaust system and the HPPIII I'm back to making it to work and back on one tank of gas. It's kinda like when your getting off the freeway exit and you see an old guy standing at the end of the exit who looks like he has been stranded on a desert island for about 10 years and he's holding up a sign that says "I won't lie, I just need a beer" :cheers: so you give him $5 and you see a big smile on his face. It just feels right. :roll:

Steve